1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Just Mercy - Great Moving Movie.

Sad to see how vile evil and sadistic the law and prosecutions can be in framing innocent people
    for crimes for no other reason that to "get them of the books and out of the public attention"
    The down right refusal to do what is right . .. in order to protect themselves and serve their bigotry

In theory I have no issue with the Death Penalty
    but in practice I cannot abide it .. . .
    1 out of 9 death row folx are there are probably innocent .. . or at the best case senario simple did not get a fair trial
    That **** is unacceptable.

This is why your crime statistics mean NOTHING

Rocket River

CometsWin, B-Bob and DreamShook like this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I like Guy Ritchie so I know I will see this one

Rocket River

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The Joker... 6/10. Phoenix was terrific and the movie kept me interested but it wasn’t great. Ledger’s joker is better but I never thought anyone would be able to touch it and props to Phoenix for pulling that off. I’d still give the best actor to Egerton but he’s not even nominated.

FrontRunner likes this.
  4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I actually watched it a second time and liked it even more. There were a couple of things I felt like he borrowed from Tarantino, but I really enjoyed the movie.

JW86 likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Aladdin turned out better than I thought it would.

7/10

STR8Thugg likes this.
  6. body slam

body slam Member

Tremors - 9/10 much like Shawshank when its on I have to watch it.

bobloblaw, Deuce and crose like this.
  7. conquistador#11

La bamba on Netflix 10/10.
    After the Kobe Helicopter crash, I decided to view this movie for like the 20th time last night. I realized something 30 minutes into the film: It's a completely different film if you watch it from Bob's perspective. Sure Bob hit Rosie and was also a drunk, but he did things for Ritchie that went above and beyond, more than their mother.

Ritchie needed a drummer for his solo performance...there was Bob to play the drums. Ritchie needed signs to promote himself..there was Bob using his drawing skills to make bien firme signs. Ritchie needed to record the album there was Bob spending the day in the studio. Ritchie was too depressed over a white girl?(we've all been there) Bob took him to Mexico to get him laid. Bob was the big brother we all wished we had.

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Ready or Not - 5.5/10. I dont see how it got such high reviews on IMDB and Rotten, but think of it as a not as funny "Cabin in the woods"

Adam Brody is a pretty good actor and Samara Weaving is a mix of Jaimie Pressly and Margot Robie.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  9. conquistador#11

I'm sold! Will check it out. She caught my eyes in the film "babysitter" which some dork here gave a 7/10 just b/c of the females.

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

p16925944_v_v8_ab.jpg
    I just finished watching this new Redbox release. As expected, it was very moving. The acting was great, and it kept me on the edge of my seat many times, as well as moved me to tears many times. 9.5/10

11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I agree with the love it or hate it comment, and am not sure where I fell when I saw it. It definitely does have that weird Hitchcock feel, and the acting was great. The cinematography was very dark inside the lighthouse at times, which I really hate, but the outside scenes kept me watching. Those artistic photographic moments kept me watching, even though it was almost too slow and weird for my taste with all the sitting and talking. Yeah, I can see it having that cult movie type of following. I hated the ending.

FrontRunner likes this.
  12. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

It was bizarre all around, wasn't it? It reminded me of some of the old movies I watched as a kid in black & white--only edgier.

It wasn't easy to get into; in fact I checked two or three times the first twenty minutes to see how much time was remaining, and then I told myself I would watch half one night and half the next. But I got into it for the reasons you mentioned. Plus I was determined to figure out just what in the heck was going on.

I'm still not sure if Pattinson's character was simply crazy or what. I look forward to watching it again, largely because it's so very different! And because I'm also a sucker for atmospheric black & white images.

RudyTBag likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

You described exactly how I was watching it!!!! That is so weird, but it was me to a tee....haha. I mean checking the clock, debating just quitting watching it and everything. I felt the exact same way about the ambiance, and images. I too, just couldn't stop watching before saw where this bizarre plot was going to lead me.

14. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I usually don't check the clock unless a movie is extremely bad. It was just... sooo hard to get into for a while there! But I'm glad I stuck with it.

I'll try something outside my wheelhouse if the visuals are good, and they certainly were in this case. We're doing a movie night out tomorrow, then Shadow; which doesn't look like all that from the trailer, but the cinematography is supposedly great. It's also almost all black & white with the exception of some skintones and a splash of color here and there, at least from what I've read.

#8334 FrontRunner, Jan 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    deb4rockets likes this.
  15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

You might find this interesting.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/18...hind-the-scenes-robert-pattinson-willem-dafoe

FrontRunner likes this.
  16. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Thanks! That was really interesting.

I downloaded an hour-long podcast with the director and cinematographer the other day that I'll probably listen to this afternoon. I guess you can say I'm in The Lighthouse cult.

deb4rockets likes this.
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I had to look to make sure. But she is in the outsider. She’s an excellent actor. I may watch that just because of the impression she has left in the first four episodes of that show.

deb4rockets likes this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have been circling that movie for a while, you explained it way better than the blurb or the previews.

Will watch.

Entropy likes this.
  19. JW86

JW86 Member

Bad Boys for Life 8.5/10 - It’s been 17 years and they managed to keep the essence alive while maturing and showing emotional development and an angle they didn’t show before. Much credit to the writers! Also glad no Michael Bay, this was not the movie for him. I couldn’t go higher than 8.5 as I felt some forced recycled jokes and mannerisms, but I guess they had to throw it in for the fans. Very impressed. Also still hilarious and enough action like the previous ones. Last thing: runtime! Just about 2 hours, perfect. No reason to make it longer than it needs to be.

conquistador#11 and arkoe like this.
  20. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Irishman: Eh, maybe 6.5/10...Rehash of same gangster stuff we've seen a million times before...I wasn't pulled in like other movies, but I found myself saying man, are they old lol...

Entropy likes this.