1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. hvic

hvic Member

black panther 8/10

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He got game. 8/10. I still dont know what which school he chose at the end? did Denzel get out?
    I coach 3 basketball teams on the weekends. Need to show these youngins all the basketball movies there is.

3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Had an overseas flight so caught some movies:

Thor: Ragnorak (SIC?) - really enjoyed the action and comedy. 8.5/10
    Logan Lucky- loved this movie. watched it again when I got home with the wife 9/10
    Spiderman Homecoming - nice take on the franchise and liked the kid who played spidey 8/10
    Three Billboards... - Sam Rockwell was awesome as usual. really good movie 9/10

4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Downsizing 5/10 - Don't waste your time, it's alright, but it can wait for tv.
    Black Panther 8.5/10 solid
    The Greatest Showman 8/10 Wifey's choice for date night. Good movie even though it was a musical. (High School Musical 4.0 though)

5. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Black panther 5/10

6. Buck Turgidson

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rewatched The Hateful Eight last night. Not as suspenseful obviously the second time around, but holds up pretty well. The cinematography is amazing, particularly the outdoor shots. The bulk of it is a theater play inside the roadhouse, very much a Reservoir Dogs sort of feel to it. I don't think this is Tarantino's best work, but still holds up well. 8/10. Love the Roy Orbison song over the closing credits, the Morricone score is also amazing.

eric.81 likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

The Death of Stalin. Fantastic, especially if you're a fan of Armando Iannucci (The Thick of It, In the Loop, Veep)

OTMax and Os Trigonum like this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Finally got around to watching Free State of Jones. Thought this was a terrific film, really don't understand the blah reviews it has gotten. Very surprised this hasn't gotten more attention, really well-done historical piece. 9.5 out of 10

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

show them the most inspirational basketball scene ever.

B-Bob, cheke64 and donkeypunch like this.
  11. GIGO

GIGO Member

Looks interesting. A prequel to this movie perhaps?
    [​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  12. OTMax

OTMax Member

Irreplaceable You (Netflix) 8 / 10
    Very solid story, different from most movies and loved the chemistry between Gugu Mbatha-Raw - who I'm relieved to say was far from 'eye candy' as sad as it is to have to take it into account - and Christopher Walken. The latter kills it with the comedy, as well as others in the support group of the main character. Just funny characters all around, witty and dry humour which I personally love. The crazy plot is a bit out there, probably unrealistic and therefore risky, but they managed to make it work. The main male character is the perfect aloof guy to play alongside Mbatha-Raw. He's a Dutch guy, played in GoT and did a solid job with accent and all.

Accident Man 9/10
    Not everyone's cup of tea, but if you're into dark humour, some insane gory scenes and crazy ways of killing people and just a movie that doesn't take itself seriously than you have to watch this! I'm not going to spoil anything, you have to see it for yourself. Just know it's a knee-slapper through and through and has a solid enough plot too to stay in line with the thriller type of film.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I'd love to see a video of people editing that scene. Curious what was said in the room at the time.

Jontro likes this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

i imagine a lot of self praising and high fives.

B-Bob and red like this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Watched Three Billboards today. Great movie, I didn't know much about it, which I think was a good thing. The plot's unfolding worked for me as it would have in the theater. Each actor seemed perfectly cast. And some dark humor along the way. 9 out of 10.

joeson332 likes this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Recently watched 3 Billboards and Shape of Water,

loved them both.

What a great year of great films.

joeson332 likes this.
  17. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Burn After Reading 8/10- been on Coen Brothers binge and reminded myself how awesome they are at this stuff
    A "wildly corny what is the damn point of this movie" that only the Coens could have pulled off. Surprised this movie didnt get enough attention.

eric.81 and Os Trigonum like this.
  18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Ha funny that this was one of the first posts on here and I just wrote about it today lol.
    Saw it first when it came out and didnt think much of it but recently rewatched it and loved it.
    Have to do the same for A Serious Man again.

19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Black Panther - 8/10.

20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

War for the Planet of the Apes - 6/10. Felt the pacing was slow and lots of logical flaws to let the apes win.