1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ranking]Presidential Greatness

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rashmon, Feb 19, 2018.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This douchebag has been regurgitating the same shtick for 8 years now .

How many times has this nut case repeated "He could have been my son" line to create a ridiculous talking point based on no merit at all?

#41 fchowd0311, Feb 20, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    edwardc likes this.
  2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Ad nauseum?

3. fchowd0311

I wonder how many times he can regurgitate one line over and over to call an 8 year term "the most devisive presidency ever" before he realizes how stupid he is?

Thousands of posts blasting Obama for being devisive and he can only repeat one line.

Obama's presidency is devisive because millions of idiots like Bobbythegreat are offended that a black man had the audacity to think that our law enforcement isn't infallible.

But our current president calling NFL players "sons of b****es", that ain't divisive.

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I like Obama as much as the next guy but his response to the police shootings rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't think he condemned them strongly enough and his support of BLM was divisive.

5. fchowd0311

Can you provide nuance? I remember in his Dallas shooting address he explcitly stated how the dude was a racist targeting cops and that protestors need to understand the position of law enforcement. What more does he have to say?

I never get explicit quotes from people who say Obama is divisive besides "he could have been my son".

edwardc and dobro1229 like this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The whole "could have been my son" has been so blown out of context by Obama critics (for reasons only they know).

I think of the following iconic image...

[​IMG]

7. No Worries

If you slice and dice the above rating, Republican scholars rate their bottom five Presidents as

40. Trump
    41. Andrew Johnson
    42. Pierce
    43. W H Harrison
    44. Buchanan

5. Reagan
    23. G W Bush
    29. Nixon
    30. Hoover
    38. Harding

4. FDR
    8. Truman
    15. Clinton
    16. Obama
    19. LBJ
    24. JFK
    32. Carter

Donald Trump Is America’s Worst, 2nd Worst, or 5th Worst President

#47 No Worries, Feb 20, 2018
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

republicans are only being partisan with their bottom-five ranking of trump...

No Worries likes this.
  9. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

You must have Trump Derangement Syndrome. Whether or not he regurgitates one line is just a he said, she said situation. A real nothing burger.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

He never condemned the group that called for frying pigs like bacon.

11. fchowd0311

That is absurd. Do you know how many social media accounts of 2 second intervals of people saying inflammatory **** on both sides? You think the POTUS has to comment on everything?

And this is the issue with social media. It makes fools like you think every issue is systemic. A 3 second clip of a chant is worthy of a president making a formal address?

That makes him the most divisive president ever? If that is the best you can do, you've failed to defend your premise quite horribly. Honestly, nothing more? THAT'S IT?

#51 fchowd0311, Feb 20, 2018
    edwardc likes this.
  12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

You are not paying attention of you think this groups rhetoric and conduct has not been condemnable. I don't feel like continuing this dialogue with name calling. Let's just agree that I am a fool and we disagree.

13. fchowd0311

We can definitely agree on this. You agreed with a claim that Obama is the most devisive president ever. You've heard the phrase "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" right? Your extraordinary evidence to the claim thar Obama is the most divisive president in American history is him not addressing a 3 second clip.

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

When did I agree with that claim bro? I don't believe that I did and don't believe that he was.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

When the Tea Party and the so-called "Freedom Caucus" took over control of the GOP, there really was nowhere for Obama to go with bi-partisanship at least in the House. The Tea Party (funded by the Koch brothers, and others) was created as a reaction to Obama being elected, and fear mongering with right wing media that Obama was a secret Muslim communist coming to take your guns away, and make your kids gay. It created an ideology that could not be reasoned with, and could not function as a proper wing of the government.

So I don't blame Obama for his positions being firmly planted and essentially giving up on bipartisanship at least in the House when it came to legislating (leading to ALOT of Executive Orders many found unconstitutional).

So in this way... the term "divisive" isn't accurate, but partisan is fair.

However.... socially, and culturally to the American people saying that Obama was "The Most Divisive President Ever" is complete hot garbage. Barrack Obama IS BLACK. Of course he understands and supports groups like Black Lives Matter because Black Lives do matter to him. His wife is black. His two kids are black. Yes... black LIVES matter to him. Sorry that makes white people who watch FoxNews religiously uncomfortable, and makes them feel like Obama was out to get them.

Now put yourself in the shoes of someone else-

If you feel like his light support for that group makes you feel uneasy, imagine what black people feel about Donald Trumps open support of White Nationalists, and the Alt-Right. Put yourself in the shoes of Black and Brown people when it comes to Trump saying Mexicans are rapists. That there are "Very Fine People" shouting "Jews Will Not Replace Us".

Then come back to me with a straight face, and tell me again that Barrack Obama was the "Most Divisive President Ever".

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

If he realized it, it would stop. Yet it comes at a rate that would've made DD proud in posts per day.

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And why would he? He fully supported them, at just about every opportunity he did everything he could to legitimize them despite the fact that they were always pushing false narratives.

It's unfortunate that so many people in this forum are so emotionally invested in the former president that they can't admit his faults. Their status as emotionally compromised fanboys kind of takes them out of the adult part of the conversation.

19. No Worries

2 years too late on that. After the 2008 election, Repubs stated that they would not lend a single vote for anything on Obama's agenda.

edwardc and mdrowe00 like this.
  20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Deckard likes this.