1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2017-18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2017.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would love that, but we don't have the assets to pull it off.

2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

It would be a nice landing spot for Ryno and two first round picks

Such a deep draft this year. I like the opttions the Rockets have with their second round pick.

D-rock likes this.
  3. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Anyway we can get Kawhi Leonard? Man....talk about the greatest most disrespectful trade in NBA history and to the Spurs lmao. a man can dream

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

I've learned to never say never with Morey.

PG13 or AG trade package would set team up for future and the present.

kwakmeister likes this.
  5. saleem

Please come up with a potential scenario that will work. It can be a 3 team one too, if you wish.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Offer AG a poison pill max and have Magic sign AG then trade him and Simmons to Rockets for Ryno and 2 firsts.

7. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Shall we sign a center for backup in case of injuries?

8. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

We will not operate under the cap so we can't make an offer on a RFA, also he is not eligible for a poison pill Gilbert Arenas rule because he was drafted and on a rookie scale contract greater than one year. You have to have cap space and it gets tied up as though you signed the player during the matching period. The PP was a special circumstance for Lin based on how his rookie deal played out.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  9. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Would Suns bite on Ryan Anderson. Give them the #46 in the draft. Morey could just buy another one if he wanted. For Tyson Chandler and Jared Dudley.

Say if the rockets want to get back to the West Conf. or Win or lose in Finals . I think these 2 guys will get you more supporting role players you need with Pj , Moute, and Nene with that vet defense in mind. Plus you will need to replace Joe Johnson off then bench with Dudley, i'm sure hes gonna retire.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybqewndc

10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yaalaav7

To Pacers : Eric Gordon + Zhou QI

To Rockets : Bojan Bogdanovic + Domantas Sabonis

Can Afford to Let Capela Walk, and sign a good FA + Resign Paul at good contract. Bojan would be starter, Ariza can sign on as a defensive back for the MLE.

11. saleem

Chandler's contract expires in 2019. Anderson's goes till 2020. I doubt if this will work.

12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

The CBA doesn't work this way. The Rockets will operate above the cap and this is a bad trade. Any trade that doesn't turn Ryno into something else is at best a lateral move that requires the wrong assets and leaves the same problem.

13. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yasfqr27

Houston IN: LeBron James
    Chicago IN: Ryan Anderson + Chinanu Onuaku + 1st round Picks via Houston (unprotected)
    Cleveland IN: Eric Gordon + Omer Asik

Looks like Chicago, Atlanta, and Sacramento are good candidates to unload Anderson.

14. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Probable need to add another 1st or 2nd to Chicago, and the other to Cleveland. Also lowers Cleveland's tax burden. i like it.

Does Cleveland really need Gordon? The other t

t0mdotcom likes this.
  15. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Thanks! Yeah, I was actually thinking the same thing about sending another pick to Chicago. I figured Cleveland would want Gordon to either flip him for a pick or use him for another trade. The biggest thing I was trying to do was lower Cleveland's tax burden.

16. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

You're definitely on the right path with getting a 3rd team involved. Chicago is a fine destination too for Anderson.

Gordon is definitely getting something instead of losing everything in the case of Cleveland but man does that Cleveland roster wreak. Asik is nothing right now. I think I offer Cleveland Robin Lopez from Chicago instead. RoLo doesn't indicate tank hard. Asik does. Cleveland loses Lebron but gains RoLo and Gordon, that's decent. Chicago keeps the tank going with Asik and Ryno on the same timeline. Chicago could in theory make a run at a max free agent in 2020 then with 30 mill coming off the books. Dunn and Holiday can continue to develop. But that's literally dropping a full year. I really don't know where Chicago stands right now, they traded away their franchise player in Butler. What are they even trying to do?!
    Regardless, their roster blows right now. There are only a handful of teams actually contending and they aren't one of them, so they should be tanking.

Cleveland is also in a weird spot. So what, now they need to build around Kevin Love? That will be tough. Gordon gives you another dynamic player. Robin Lopez is nothing more than serviceable. George hill can run a ship but I was actually surprised at how low his assists were/are. Hill/Gordon/Smith.Korver/Love/RoLo is not a contender. Might not even be a playoff team. That unnecessary Kyrie trade screwed them. Love can't defend modern nba wings. Lue misused Rodney Hood, benching him, when he could have been a key contributor for the future of the franchise. Their youthful 'core' would be Nance Jr, Clarkson, Osman and Hood and you probably aren't getting Hood back. Can you build a team around those players? Lakers didn't. The best Lakers players were what, Ingram, Kuzma(surprisingly), Randall, Ball and Russell, and they shipped Russell out for hatin on Nick Young. So they were at best 5th and 6th choice and traded away. So your future is 2/4 of what the Lakers decided would not be their future. Then a Rook and a Hood who again might not even stick around.

So both franchises are in terrible shape right now. What should they do? Accumulate picks by taking on bad contracts and pushing out the players with positive trade value. In fact if I were Chicago, I would shoot for Wiggins. With the rumor that Minnesota doesn't want that contract, Chicago could get a legit 3 who may not be the dynamic player we thought he was going to become but he still has potential, still growing, only 23, and you can probably get him for cheap depending on how front offices truly rate him. The feelers we get through the media aren't necessarily accurate. Dunn, Lavine, Wiggins... basically Wolves East! Likely not dynamic enough to go far but still a good young core. Cleveland wishes their future was as bright as Chicagos, as dim as it may be.

t0mdotcom likes this.
  17. aroundtheblock2

I think they're more likely to trade Kevin Love out for picks than to rebuild around him.

basketballholic and kwakmeister like this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

cool thread. should be a sticky. :cool:

Bobsputin likes this.
  19. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

If the LeBron sweepstakes don't go our way, moving Ryno and some picks off to Brooklyn for Demarre Carroll would be sweet. Couple that with a DeAndre, Melo and Seth Curry signing, I think we'd be on our way.

Paul/Curry
    Harden/Gordon
    Ariza/Carroll/Luc
    PJ/Melo/Luc
    Capela/DeAndre/Nene

20. saleem

I would appreciate any potential names, along with a short analysis of some players that might be available with the 46th pick. Edit: Added the word with for correction purposes.

#800 saleem, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    ApacheWarrior likes this.