1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2017-18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2017.

1. LjGarci

LjGarci Member

Shabazz Muhammad is seeking a trade anyone?

seeingredtx likes this.
  2. basketballholic

He's a quality defender. And can both make plays and shoot it a little bit. Fourth guard. And the contract fits.

3. aroundtheblock2

Rockets don't have the pieces and Shabazz Muhammad is having the worst year of his career.

D-rock likes this.
  4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

only because he isn't getting many minutes. The Timberwolves off season pick ups have taken his minutes away and less shots

i'd take him

5. fattz

fattz Member

I am almost positive that AG on the open market will yield more then late first round pick & pj and non rotation players for Orlando. Hopefully I am wrong. Just off the top of my head Utah would through a better package and are in need of a power forward next season after Favors gets paid elsewhere.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

I agree. It may also take Capela, or 2 first rounders.

Biyombo, Speights & AG for Capela, Ryno, Onuaku, rights to Llull, first round pick(s). Then flip Black, rights to Gentile and two 2nd rounders to Mavs for Nerlens Noel.

Harden/Green
    Paul/EGo
    Ariza/Luc/PJ
    AG/Speights
    Noel/Nene/Biyombo

That is a deep, long and athletic rotation. Offensely and defensively improved.

Jazz, Cavs, Mavs, LAL are all interested in AG.

7. aroundtheblock2

And whose minutes would he take? We have PJ, Luc and Ariza at SF. Not worth the trouble of a trade.

8. tc0330

tc0330 Member

If we could get Aaron Gordon AND Afflalo , I wouldn't mind giving up Eric Gordon and Anderson up as I don't think Ariza would be enough. Only reason, i think Aaron can replace Gordon points wise, give us the rebounds Anderson is "supposed" to be giving us, and give us more improvement on defense. PLUS, Aaron is only 22 years old, so we could play him 30+ minutes/night and get a substantial return while Afflalo helps reduce the pressure off Hardon and Chris.

fattz and D-rock like this.
  9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i'd get him for an offensive punch, he doesn't have to have huge minutes, just provide something different.

he is a SG by the way

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

I don't see us making any trades really

11. fattz

fattz Member

I am not a Noel fan, do you think his hand is ready to lead us down in the paint. He gets bounced around in the paint a lot like Capela. I think we need an anchor more than a pogo stick. IMO when Nene is in we just look better as a team b/c of his strength. AG and Speights are long and athletic we need a strong solid big boy to play with them —> Rolo or WCS type

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

His hand is supposed to be fully healed now. I think the pogo stick is what we need in postseason moreso than Bogut type player who can’t switch, defend PNR/perimeter or guard small ball line ups. Nene is our beef. If Capela goes down, the Rockets offense changes - there is reason why Big 3 line up has only lost one game and Rockets are 2nd best team in NBA.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  13. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

If Lebron somehow doesn’t come. Which he is...

PG should be someone the Rockets should make a strong run at.

Good times in Houston

ApacheWarrior and Why not? like this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mo Speights -1.5 million/1 year
    Jonathan Simmons - 6 million/ 3 years
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Both are playoff ready Vets. Both have made major impacts on high quality teams. Mo gives us a shooter and bench PF/C, and Jonathan Simmons gives us unbelievable diversity, and a guy that I think could take over for Ariza at SF long term. He can play the 2-3-4 on both ends and he is the athletic freak we need running the floor against GSW. He is also a Houston native.

We can make the salaries match with Tarik Black and Troy Williams, saving them about 15 million over the next three years, and lowering their cap by about 4.5 million this offseason. They are the worst team in the NBA and I would kill to snag Jonathan Simmons from the Spurs. Again, HOUSTON NATIVE.

s3ts, ApacheWarrior, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  15. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

He lived down the street from my cousion and we would always go and watch his HS games because him and my cousion were hood buddies. Small world.

16. fattz

fattz Member

Bogut is an easy get that cost next to nothing much like Green just added and needed value. His picks and “dirty play” will make him a local hero if he becomes a Rocket.

17. Why not?

Why not? Member

Massive 12-Player Swap Sees Lebron to Houston!

Okay, okay... Lebron isn't getting traded right? The greatest player of our decade? RIGHT???

Maury has already said that he doesn't want to move anyone in the rotation (except Ryno lol). This deal keeps our core as intact--as possible--and gives Cleveland SOMETHING in return for the DEFINITELY leaving Lebron. In this scenario, he waives his NTC only for us. Welcome to the paradise of your twilight, Lebron, H-Town baby!

The deal: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8b3jbpa

We get:
    -Lebron James

Cleveland gets:

-Kemba Walker
    -Ryan Anderson
    -Nicolas Batum
    -Nene ( :()
    -Michael Carter-Williams
    -2020 Houston 1st Round Pick (Unprotected)

Charlotte gets:
    -Isaiah Thomas
    -Jae Crowder
    -Iman Shumpert
    -Zhou Qi
    -Troy Williams
    -Chinanu Onuaku
    -2018 Cleveland 1st Round Pick (not the Brooklyn pick) (Top 10 Protected)
    -2018 Houston 2nd Round Pick (Unprotected)

Why we do it: Because it's time to bring the O'Brien Trophy back to Houston. Les you thieving b*stard! :mad:

Why Cleveland does it: Gilbert is selling the team, he doesn't want to rebuild. He wants as much commitment as possible so he can sell the team with as much long-term value as possible. The trouble is, at this point, Lebron's value is negligent. His NTC makes him impossible to trade, but anyone can see that the team is crumbling apart and moves MUST be made. This is their last-ditch attempt to get something at all for Lebron and allow him to save face by being traded rather than leaving by choice. Kemba is a pretty exceptional consultation prize and should help keep this team stay competitive in the east. Nene will give them C depth and Ryno can fill K-Love's shoes while he's injured. This Cleveland team is still deep even without Lebron. And a likely buy-out of Dwayne Wade ;)

Why Charlotte does it: RESET BUTTON. Michael Jordan said he wouldn't trade Kemba unless it was for an All-Star, well enter Isaiah Thomas. Charlotte is bad this year... real bad. With the talent that they have they should be in the hunt for the playoffs, but the team just isn't clicking. They want to blow it up without totally destroying interest from their fan base. Both IT and Crowder obviously aren't fitting in Cleveland but could perform better in a different situation. The biggest bonus for Charlotte in this move is the cap alleviation anyway, because the only thing worse than being bad is being bad and expensive. Marketing ploy to put Zhou Qi in Space Jam 2 to make extra $$$ in China :rolleyes:

Little Bit likes this.
  18. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Scenario: LeBron tells Cleveland that he will leave in the offseason and join the Rockets...the Cavs decide it's best to trade him now so they can get players in return.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9eht9ho

Rockets get:
    • LeBron James
    • Dwyane Wade
    • Marcus Morris
    Celtics get:
    • Kevin Love
    Magic get:
    • Ryan Anderson
    • Chinanu Onuaku
    • Rockets 2020 1st Round pick
    Cavs get:
    • Aaron Gordon
    • Terrance Ross
    • Jaylen Brown
    • Marcus Smart
    • Aaron Baynes
    • PJ Tucker
    • Tarik Black
    • Troy Williams
    • Zhou Qi
    • Rockets 2022 1st Round pick
    • Celtics 2020 1st Round pick
    Rockets do this because they get LeBron and D-Wade, and Marcus Morris could replace PJ Tucker's role

Celtics do this because they get Kevin Love and LeBron would leave the Eastern Conference, so they would be the heavy favorites to get to the Finals

Magic do this because they get the return of Ryan Anderson. This will give them spacing and shooting as their younger guys develop.

Cavs do this because they get two good young players in Jaylen Brown and Aaron Gordon and two first round picks

19. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I like the idea of a trade but both trades have major problems. First, too many players involved with insufficient roster spots. Also, Cleveland lost money last year. Luxury tax is calculated at the end of the season. If possible Cleveland is going to want to get picks in return but also save on luxury tax. NBA trade machine can do math but logic's not its strong suit. It's critical they dump salary on someone else. They may want to do a Kemba deal but I am not sure.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Would be a solid add as a 4th PG.

[​IMG]