1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2017-18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2017.

1. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I wouldn't do this trade. Call me stupid or whatever, but that's too much chemistry being lost in what could be the best season in Rocket's history as far as regular season wins go. And to me, they don't have enough leverage to demand that much in a trade for those guys with the way they are playing so far this season. Even the games they are winning now, they are only winning because the other teams are sucking at closing them out.

2. FANfrom86toNow

I don't know what Washington and or Toronto could offer that would be our offer and not make them a weaker team bench wise. I know OKC has nothing to offer, so I don't count them in it. But we could also add in a 2nd or overseas prospect if we really thought he would help with a Title run this year.

Definitely agree with the rest of what you said also.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

You really believe Noel's value is that low now?

saleem likes this.
  4. basketballholic

He has no birds rights. I'm questioning whether he's worth that.

5. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Z-Bo is a terrible fit man for OUR TEAM. Who cares what he does on one of the worst teams in the NBA. There are 3 reasons he and Vince Carter were signed in Sac town. 1. Nobody else offered more. 2. Relationship with the fired Memphis coach / new Sac coach that wanted vets he trusted to mentor and change culture. 3. Sacramento needed to meet the minimum payroll on a 1 year deal. This is pointless because we do not even have enough in scrub salary to match Z-bo’s 12 million. If waived, we would pass on his slow non defense ass. No need to respond.

6. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Huh? You’re saying you’d give Memphis our scrubs and a G-leaguer they waived (Troy Williams) and that would be value to them? Ok. The Wizards could offer trash too and draft picks we wouldn’t part with. If given the choice Tyreke would turn us down for the Wizards just like Jameer Nelson did for the Pelicans. Why be our 10th man when he could be the Wizards 6th man and position himself for a bigger payday?!

saleem likes this.
  7. Jake Stewart

Jake Stewart Member

I know this might sound crazy but what about bringing Dwight back if he is willing to accept his role with this team.

Make it clear he is only here for Lobs, Dunks, rebounds and Defense. Would he go along with not really being apart of the offense?

He is a big that can play defense and block shots.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  8. FANfrom86toNow

There are two elements to that trade. First, what's the best offer Memphis can get? I just simply asked you what the Wizards can offer? I haven't looked over their roster of what they would be willing to give up for a Evans RENTAL (when they know they don't have a real shot for a title this year). Second, if given the option assuming the offers were close together from both teams, which would Evans choose IF Memphis asked for his input, because he really has no say so. Looking at it from an opportunity to win a ring, obviously he would choose us regardless of the minutes. But you are right, if he is looking for a chance to showcase his talents more for a bigger payday, then maybe he chooses the Wizards. History says that no matter how good he is playing this year, he hasn't done that on a winning team and most likely won't get offers much bigger than he got this past off season.

Bottom line, I would like him here as insurance and he would probably get 5 to 12 minutes a night in our blowouts and be ready to step in IF we needed that insurance to kick in for any reason, or just to rest our stars getting close to playoff time.

9. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Tereke will get paid more than 3.2 Mil next season if he keeps doing what he’s doing. He’s probably the leader for 6th man of the year. The Wizards can offer Jason Smith or Tomas Satoransky for salary filler and picks which are the real value. It’s December man... the Wizards feel they’re just as good as anyone in the East when healthy. John Wall’s injury slowed things down. Last season was the same slow start for the Wizards. By the second half of the season they went toe-to-toe with Boston and lost in 7. Most feel here in DC they’re a bench away. Tereke would make a huge difference for them.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

You're nuts man, Noel won't get traded for scrubs. Cuban would laugh himself to death at that offer.

saleem and RocketsTerps like this.
  11. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

lucas nogueira = Capela insurance.

#211 RocketsTerps, Dec 16, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    jch1911 likes this.
  12. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

is Faried worth looking at? or tyson chandler?

i know their contracts are worth the **** but they need some high flyer backup at center

13. FANfrom86toNow

It all makes sense now, you are in DC!

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I do like him. What would be the incentive for the Raptors to trade him, and what could be the cost to get him?

15. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

He’s their 3rd string center. They just drafted a rookie center that looks very promising in Jake Poeltl. I’d give them a 2nd rounder& Troy Williams for Bebe.

#215 RocketsTerps, Dec 16, 2017
  16. saleem

What if they ask for more? There could be competition for his services too.

I'm not sure how good Hartenstein might develop into, but I think it may be necessary to add him along with Troy Williams, and a future second rounder to get Lucas.

#216 saleem, Dec 16, 2017
    RocketsTerps likes this.
  17. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Yep. It all makes sense that you just joined clutchfans in 2014. You must be young. I’ve been a Rockets fan since Moses Malone youngin’... Terp’s repping the Rockets like John Lucas, Walt Williams, Stevie Franchise, Terence Morris, Tony Massenberg etc.

18. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

It might require a future first rounder. He’s worth that. I doubt there’d be too much competition for him with the likes of DeAndre, Gasol, Tyson Chandler, Len, Noel, Monroe, etc. available.

EDIT: Utah could use a big like Bebe as well. Favors and Gobert are down again.

19. saleem

Thanks.

RocketsTerps likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

May as well just give Larry Sanders a look.