1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I would love to get Noel here. Just don't think we have the right pieces to make it work outside of Ariza.

I think our team is pretty much how we will see it come the start of the season. Don't expect any trades.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'd package Dekker and KJ for Aaron Gordon. This gives Morey more leverage in D-Mo negotiations. Then sign Gentile. Gentile is a big wing that can shoot and Gordon could be Amare-like under D'Antoni.

3. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I'd happily trade Harrell or Dekker for Tim Hardaway Jr. Would add additional wing/guard depth and would thrive in our offense.

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Maybe a three teamed with Orlando? Something like ariza/bev/2nd for hezonja/ Aaron gordon/scrub/1st. Reroute hezonja and Gordon along with montrez/dekkar/future 1st/orl future 1st to Denver for gallo/scrubs.

It would end up looking like ariza/bev/Dekker/montrez/1st/2nd for gallo/scrubs we cut.

Orlando gets tougher defensively and more committed to winning the east right now.

Denver looks to move faried also and starts a rebuild with young players and tons of picks.

5. dawesome

dawesome Member

The players that I personally would trade: Harrel, Dekker, Beverly and Brewer. They are okay players but their skill level are limited. We have seen them enough. Off course there are other non rotational players but I believe they will be cut, sent to dleague or traded by the time the season starts.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well honestly what kind of players do you think you will get for guys like these? Bev and Dekker are coming of injury, Harrel hasn't really made any impact and Brewer looks overpaid. I'd rather keep them around because at least they already have chemistry with Harden, rather than trade them for scrubs who will have a learning curve again. I'm not really opposed to just keeping them and then using the expiring cap space for something good, for example Nene just signed a vet min contract this year I doubt he will settle for another vet min next year if he plays great this season.

7. basketballholic

If you want Noel keep rooting for Embiid. The better Embiid plays and the healthier he appears the greater the chances are that Noel is moved and soon. Philly really does not want to go into the regular season with all three guys.

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Noel would be an amazing fit here. But we don't have anything Phili would want and Morey's connection is long gone there. Plus I think they would look to trade Okafor first.

9. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

yea ik as much as I love capela having nerlens noel would be terrific

10. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Would've loved either Okafor or Noels here, but with Capella and Nene having done a solid job for us so far in pre-season, I can't see either happening.
    Given the protracted talks with DMo and Beasley now gone, that leave really only Anderson at the 4. Anyone else think given what's going on at Miami that Morey is working on a move for Bosh?

11. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

highly sought morey might only check on that if he gets waived but still a big risk

12. valorita

valorita Member

As a Lin pessimist, he would acutally be a good secondary playmaker for our bench unit.
    Do would Ish.

13. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Word is Miami will not waive him until Feb. 7th (one year removed from when he played his last game for Heat) because insurance would kick in to pay his salary. They still need an independent doctor approved by NBA & NBPA to say Bosh's bball career is over.

14. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

S&T DMo and Brewer for Gay
    Cut Brown, Taylor, Hairston
    Trade Harrell and a second for PPat
    Trade Ennis for a pick or cut one of Ennis or Payton

Bev/Prigs/Payton
    Harden/Gordon/McDaniels
    Gay/Ariza/Dekker
    Anderson/Patterson/Wiltjer
    Capela/NeNe/Onuaku

15. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I really would like us to trade for Gay, although it doesn't appear likely. But if we did, I hope would could trade some combination of Brewer, Dekker, Innis, Payton, Brown, picks and/or overseas stashs for him. I think our team would then be solid enough to be 2nd tier in the West with the Spurs and only be behind GS imho.

Harden/Bev/Prigs
    Gordon/KJ
    Gay/Ariza
    Anderson/DMo/Wiltjer
    Nene/Capela/Harrell/Onuaku

I think our 10 man rotation of Harden/Gordon/Gay/Anderson/Nene/Bev/KJ/Ariza/DMo/Capela would compete with the Spurs for second place in the West. Harrell and Wiltjer could get spot minutes in case of fouls or injury. The same with Dekker if he isn't involved in the trade. Onuaku and Wiltjer could also spend time in the D-League to get minutes and develop. I would even be willing to add in Harrell if necessary to get Gay in the trade.

Whomever we don't trade for Gay out of Brewer, Dekker, Innis, Payton and Brown, I would keep in that order to fill out the 15 man roster.

The problem is DMo also and his expecations for a contract. I wish he was just here for a 1 yr deal on the QO to prove he is healthy and deserves a larger contract next year. But he would be great insurance against other injuries also in the 4 and 5 position to step in a starter. I would prefer him over Patterson.

16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

There is only 1 ball, how is everyone going to get shots? Gay would have to come off the bench, and he probably aint in it to win it lol...

17. FANfrom86toNow

Tell Curry, Klay, Durant and Green that there is only 1 ball. Which one of them are you sending to the bench and second unit?

18. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

lol rudy gay and eric gordon coming off the bench would be FIREEE

19. FANfrom86toNow

I mean, I do agree that they would. But that puts a lot of pressure on them to produce like a number 1 option also. Whereas, if they are playing with Harden, it almost makes our offense unstoppable for long periods of time because of so much fire power. And Harden most likely still play 38 minutes a game under MDA, unless we are blowing out the weaker teams. When we play elite teams, Harden for sure will get his full 38 minutes, if not more, under MDA.

I don't think Gordon or Rudy would thrive running the second unit, although I don't think they would be bad. I think having them on the floor most of the time that Harden is on will make us deadly. (Of course we don't even have Rudy, and probably won't get him)

20. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

if we did our lineup of death would be harden-gordon-gay-anderson-nene

FANfrom86toNow likes this.