1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

2. StrawberryJamm

Ariza, Beverly and Capela for Jimmy Butler

3. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

Feeling cautiously optomistic about our guys this year but I still think we need to get a little more dynamic on the wing. I'd like to pickup one of the following guys if their teams underperform early:

Gallinari
    Wilson Chandler
    Courtney Lee

Another guys I would LOVE to get on this team is Willy Cauley Stein. I don't know if the Kings are planning a twin tower lineup or if he is insurance against Cousins leaving but this guy is a ridiculous athlete. He is a legit 7 footer with small forward quickness. I was struck watching Capela this far in preseason by how he struggles against bigger centers. I have no idea what Sacramento might want for him but I would definitely make a move for him depending on what is required.

4. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

would u like rudy gay?

5. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

I wouldn't mind him as long as we don't give up any rotation pieces. He's easily the most gettable of the names I mentioned.

Another sleeper guy if he can ever get healthy would be Alec Burks in Utah. He's a youngish (25) 6'6'' wing with decent playmaking and shooting who is probably redundant with the emergence of Rodney hood. He hasnt been able to stay healthy these past two seasons but he's signed to a cheap contract relative to his talent at $10M / year until 2019

6. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

ok long question what guys would you give up for Danilo Gallinari what's the most u would give up for gay and the most u would give up for alec burks

7. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

I have no idea how to put together a package that Denver would want. I'd be willing to give up Dekker, Brewer and 2 seconds. If they twisted our arm maybe I'd part with Trevor and Brewer only. (I think Dekker sucks but some schmuck GM might take him off our hands later) Our offense would be insane with Gallo in place of Trevor in that Chandler Parsons role from 2014. This would require us to rely heavily on KJ but I'm confident he'll figure it out.

I'd give up only Brewer and the Harrel for Gay. I really would want the roster spot in a two for one. It's not that Rudy is such a bad player, he just has a very low trade value.

Burks, I could give up Brewer and Dekker. Utah could lower their salary and take a flyer on a young wing guy in Dekker.

Admittedly, these trades are probably lopsided in our favor.

8. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I'd love will barton.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Looks like Blake Griffin worked pretty hard on his jumper, looks a lot smoother right now, i'm not a great fan of him, but i have to admit that he's probably one of the most improved players since he came into the league, and i think he would be pretty amazing here with Harden and MDA, at this point he kinda reminds me of STAT with a better ouside shot.

Not sure if he's going to resign with the Clippers, probably yes but...with Anderson we may have a pretty good piece in a potential trade scenario or in a sign&trade next summer.

10. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

I'm a big fan of Gallo. Dude is beast. He does have history with MDA from the Knicks too, so hopefully MDA has thrown his name around. He's never finished all 82 games though. Fits the system though. Even on bad times never had a negative net rating.

11. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

I personally love Gallinari. Id probably give up Brewer, KJ, and a 2nd or two. For Gay I'd give up Ariza and a second. Burks is iffy purely because of his injury history.

12. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

idk about giving up kj he's really impressed me

13. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

This is definitely the final year for this current version of the Clippers. If the Clips do indeed blow it up I think a more realistic target for us would be DeAndre Jordan. He is essentialy the fully matured version of Clint Capela - a devastating roll man who blocks everything and grabs every rebound. After what happened to us with Dwight I hesitate to bring in another star player who would require us to drastically alter the way we play. We would never have to run plays for him and dude is a virtual iron man. Since becoming a rotation player in his sexond season he has only missed 19 total games over 7 years. Plus, he is from Houston.

I bet Capela + picks could get it done. The Clips get a cheap replacement and cap relief to pursue other players.

We would still be underdogs against those assholes in oakland but I'd go to war with this lineup:

Harden/bev
    Gordon/brew
    Ariza/kj
    Ryno/dmo
    Dj/nene

We would have a punchers chance since we would have a better bench, a definitive rebounding advantage, comparable shooting, and a star who is capapble of being the best player in the series.

14. tc0330

tc0330 Member

This might have been said already but....

Sign & Trade D-Mo, then package with Brewer for the Buck's Greg Monroe. He can play C and PF, and would help with defense. Then move KJ to Brewer's spot. Plus, Monroe healthier and will probably last longer.

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

What is up with all of the KJ McDaniel love? There is no fixing that shot. He is no more than a 10 minute a night guy in this league.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i'm ok with DJ here, and that's a solid roster/rotation, but in this scenario we still lack a second star/scorer to be able to compete imo, and not only against the Warriors. DJ + Blake would be another story obviously, but if they trade both of them it's because they're going to rebuild, in that case i don't think they'll have any interest in Ryan.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm not a fan of KJ, but you have to admit that he played pretty ok in these two games alongside the main guys.

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

We have no chance to trade for Gallo imo, we just don't have the pieces for the Nuggets...maybe in a three way deal, but yeah...i would like him here too though.

19. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Yeah Gallo would be a perfect fit in this offense, but we have nothing to offer. They probably wouldn't want to trade him anyways.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Should give Kings rights to Gentile or Llull instead. And can you post link to this rumor? But would rather keep pick/rights over Gay.