1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. TipsyDixit

TipsyDixit Member

Alternate crazy idea:

First set of trades:

HOU gets: Covington, D. Theis, Noel
    BOS gets: Capela
    MIN gets: Thabo, J. Green (from BOS), Roberson, G. Williams, MEM 2020 1st (from BOS), HOU 2020 1st
    OKC gets: Nene, Poirier

https://tradenba.com/trades/bM0MYPBbu

Second set of trades:
    HOU gets: Baynes
    PHX gets: Theis, HOU 2021 swap rights from CP trade, 2021 2nd, 2023 2nd

AND WE STAY UNDER THE TAX

2. Joe Smith

Joe Smith Member

The Rockets roster is unbalanced, they have far too many 6 foot 3 inch types that are redundant, other teams have 3 and 4 legitimate 6 feet 8 inch athlete small forwards on their roster. I would trade Capela, he has peaked, and even when he was at the top of his game, he disappeared in the playoffs against the GSWs. But Capela's defense has visibly slipped, the Rockets don't have enough shooters to spread the floor to create as many lob attempts when Anderson was shooting deep threes, so Capela isn't worth his contract. Also having Capela and Westbrook on the floor together really hurts spacing for James Harden's drives. Throw in Tucker's lack of offense and I would be depressed if I was James Harden looking at this roster. Just wait until the playoffs when teams actually play defense.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

1st rounder, two 2nds and Hartenstein for Baynes epxiring and Iwundu is way too much bro, send a 2nd to Phoenix and we're good, Iwundu is decent imo, but not really needed as long as we have House and McLemore, maybe even Frazier.

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

7-1 Wingspan on Iwundu and he's from Houston.

D-rock likes this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, but what i'm saying is, is he better then House and will suddenly start at the 3? If he's not that guy, i don't see a reason to move some of the few assets we have left for a guy that Mike wouldn't play anyway. I'd rather kepp and/or use those picks for something more valuable and roll with House, McLemore and Gerald if he's coming back.

treyk3 likes this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'd give up a 2nd Rounder for Wes but not much more.

Vivi likes this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's already better.

treyk3 likes this.
  8. ac in austin

ac in austin Contributing Member

My dream

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=reuubdh

Use our two firsts as necessary to Minnesota and/or Orlando.
    Another trade of a second or two for Noel into a trade exemption and hopefully a Marvin Williams buyout.
    Run much more Tuckwagon but with Covington and Aaron Gordon instead of House and McLemore.

This would require Tilman going into the tax so probably impossible even if the teams agreed.

Westbrook/Rivers/Clemons
    Harden/E. Gordon/Frazier
    Covington/McLemore
    A. Gordon/Tucker/M. Williams
    Noel/R. Williams

D-rock likes this.
  9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

https://tradenba.com/trades/YqcHO_ahp

Russ/Rivers
    Harden / Eric
    Oubre / House
    PJ /
    Baynes/Williams

Get Bolden with a 2 RP and exception

Russ/Rivers
    Harden/Eric
    Oubre/House
    PJ/Bolden
    Baynes/Williams

I think that's a championship team.

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I like Baynes and Oubre but I think Phoenix is really thinking they got a shot at a playoff spot this year. They are only three games out of the 8th spot so they actually might be buyers at the deadline.

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think Smart is the better fit there. Baynes is gone this offseason and Oubre is biting into Bridges minutes (they need to decide who is the SF going forward). I think Bridges and Smart may be better fits next to Booker. This trade also allows Saric to get more consistent play time next to Ayton.

Smart has a toughness that Booker needs next to him.

Only thing I'm not sure about on this trade is whether Boston gives up multiple picks for Capela and if they are even willing to trade Smart, who is a fan favorite. They tend to underpay for trades and refuse to give equal value.

steddinotayto likes this.
  12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I've danced around the idea of Boston moving Smart in the trade machine myself but I think, with that team right now, he's as invaluable as Tony Allen was for the Grit n Grind Grizzlies. If that's the case I don't know if Boston would part with Smart (and picks) for Clint.

treyk3 likes this.
  13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The Suns aren't trading Oubre and Baynes for Marcus Smart. That's kind of crazy, really... even recognizing the non-stats value that Smart brings. Oubre is like a year, year and half older than Bridges and the way better player. They'd probably do Bridges instead of Oubre.

Ariza for Oubre is like one of the bright spots for that organization the last few years as a transaction.

Maybe you get them to bite if you move the picks over to them instead of the Rockets. You have it looking really nice for the Rockets, lol. And I REALLY value Capela, but you're basically trading Capela for Oubre, Baynes, Robert Williams, the Celtics 1st and the Memphis 1st the Celtics own. That's almost robbery levels, again even valuing Capela A TON, as I do.

So neither Suns or Celtics do that deal.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I have wondered if the Rockets tried to trade Gary Clark for Iwundu, but then the Magic said "nah." And then watched the Rockets release Clark and the Magic pick him up.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Smart on paper fits in Phoenix next to Booker, but the Suns would've to embrace Booker as playmaker and trade Rubio, otherwise it doesn't make sense for them to make that move. And that's assuming Ainge is willing to move Smart, i think he is in the right trade, but that's just my guess.

16. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

It seems like the Rockets are focused on two areas PF and SF. Don’t think they trade for any Guards or Centers at this point. I don’t think it’s realistic to think they trade Capela, Harden, or Westbrook at this point in time. Players I would like to see them acquire:
    Markieff Morris
    Jaylen Brown (highly unlikely)
    Dario Saric
    Aaron Baynes (is a Center but rumored to be available)
    Glenn Robinson
    Jeff Green (UFA)
    Malik Beasley
    Torrey Craig
    Andre Igoudala (buyout)
    Kelly Oubre Jr.
    OG Anounoby
    Jonah Bolden
    Nerlens Noel (also rumored to be available)

Obviously some of them are more likely than others. Some probably aren’t even available. Not even sure what the Rockets would realistically offer for the ones that are available.

clutchdabear and JoeBarelyCares like this.
  17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

A forward who hasn’t played significant minutes in the NBA is not what we are going for or what we need. We don’t have that much time to just throw someone like that into the fire. We’ve done it before with Pat Bev, but there are very very few examples of that working out.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Better defender and facillitator than House too.

DeBeards and BamBam like this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would still want Robert Williams + Keita Bates Diop/Josh Okogie incoming.

DeBeards likes this.