1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. lionaire

lionaire Member

Only a week and two days left. @cyberx need some intel plsss

D-rock likes this.
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Isn't cyberx tied in to the Lakers? We might not get a visit very soon.

lionaire likes this.
  3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Justin Patton cleared waivers.

If we have to trade Hartenstein in a package this week to make salary work, he'd be a great flier.

6-10, 7-3 Wingspan. Was taken 16th overall in 2017 but was part of the Butler trade. His career never has gotten a fair chance. Great vision for a big man. Seems to be improving his three point shooting.

vator, Vivi and D-rock like this.
  4. Fantasma Negro

Really poor rebounder and gets into foul trouble easily, so basically he's Hartenstein

Zoplicone likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Need to bring him in.

Runs the floor like gazelle and plays above rim with pogo stick 1st & 2nd jump. Bery good perimeter/switch defender, strong rim protector and excels in pick and roll. Harden and Russ would love him.

Ceiling is Chris Bosh, floor is Brendan Heyward.

More likely he ends up like Marcus Camby.

#965 D-rock, Jan 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    DeBeards and vator like this.
  6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

What?!?

Marcus Camby is a 19 year NBA vet. Was 2nd pick in the draft, was a walking double double and elite shotblocker over his career.
    Justin Patton just cleared waivers.

I highly doubt the guy is ever as good as Haywood even was!! He has to prove he can make an NBA roster before his floor is 800+ career games, and 1100+ blocked shots!!

Fantasma Negro, xiki and joshuaao like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Give the kid some time. Drafted 2017.

I will eat crow if I'm wrong. Patton's potential would be unlocked in MDA system and playing alongside Harden/Russ.

Patton is already better offensively than Capela. Post game, 3 ball and mid range.

DeBeards likes this.
  8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

My point on your comparisons is that the guys you had him as easily becoming were playing already at that age - 100s of NBA games between them in their first 3 seasons. This kid has 9 total, and has been traded like 3 times and waived... .

I'm all for taking a flyer and trying to develop someone. In the NBA, opportunity is everything. But Hartenstein eats this guy for breakfast at both GLeague and NBA level. Perhaps he could be good? Or perhaps there is a reason he's a 12-8 guy in the GLeague?

joshuaao likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

When was the last time you saw Harty put up 45 points in G League?

Watch the vid above, google the kid, come at me after.

DeBeards likes this.
  10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

But on the whole he is averaging like 12 and 8. With 3 assists and 3 blocks in 27 mpg.

Harty in his 6 g league games put up 21 and 14.5. With 4.7 apg but a piss poor 0.7 bpg.

As the other posters have noted, might be worth a try, but your kind of crazy optimistic here.

joshuaao likes this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

The only thing i know about Patton is that he was drafted in the middle of the first round but missed all his first season because of a bad injury he had coming out of college, i don't really know what other issues he had later though, the fact that he could never get minutes in Minnie last season might be telling though.

Watching those highlights it seems like he's a skilled player for the spot he plays (probably the reason why he got drafted so high) but not really strong and athletic, i can see him having problem in the nba where the game is way more physical, maybe that's the reason he didn't make it so far.

D-rock likes this.
  12. rockets13champs

I don’t think we’ll hear any sort of trade news for atleast 1 week.

CK Johnson likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harty's G League averages are better than Capela's G League averages, does not make him better player. But neither player capable of exploding for 45 points, even in GLeague.

Patton's game is better fit with James/Russ than Harty.

DeBeards likes this.
  14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

With all due respect, Hartenstein scored 42 points (Jan 2019) - so um, he is certainly capable of exploding for 40 in the GLeague. Heck, he had a double double in the first quarter (!!)
    He crushes the little runts down there

He had 19ppg and 15rpg last season with 2bpg. (26 games). The big game wasn't a 1-off fluke for him. He dominated there on a regular basis.
    21-15 this season (only 6 games).

For sure, different skill sets mesh with different players. Sure, there is a possibility that Patton could be a decent/good NBA player. But the indicators aren't really there. You don't get traded 3 times, waived, and not picked up off waivers, if you are a 14 year NBA player (eg, the floor of Haywood that you gave him). It's a reach! That's why we're piling on. Just say you find his potential intriguing. Personally I think we need to be more worried about somehow adding a 6'8+ big wing to the rotation!!

joshuaao likes this.
  15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'd probably move a first if Markeif's brother Marcus was coming back. He's putting up 20/6 shooting 45% from three on over 5 shots a game. Not an A+ defender, but solid enough and probably made better by his days in Boston. Familiar with Houston and briefly Harden (not sure if he liked that stint in retrospect, but who knows).

Not sure how to get the salaries to match though. And even still, suspect Knicks would hold off for something more helpful to them

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

6'8 plus wing(s) more important for sure. But Justin Patton, Harry Giles, Jonah Bolden even Noah Vonleh would be better fit for Rockets than Harty.

And Harty is either being packaged for trade and/or not trusted enough in Rockets system.

DeBeards likes this.
  17. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Move dead weight attach a first rounder and get you a player like Crowder. He would be most effective, and could be a key piece in championship run. Im sure Memphis would just need a first for him. If the Rockets miss out on convington because it seem philly hot on him, and rockets sink the ship and not get anyone it will be disappointing. Crowder great young vet, who can take rockets to new heights in weeks. Plays the PF/SF, defensive player and scorer.

Rockets may could resign Green once they all get bought out.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=wj2p36n

18. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

They need to use the 2022 pick next offseason when the 2028 pick is available. That’s their last Hail Mary play to get a young third star in at the 3/4.

19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

We gotta stop talking so much about Isaiah. The dude’s ceiling is being a serviceable back up and even that doesn’t look like it’s going to be happening here.

He’s taking up a roster spot but I guess it’s ok since his contract is tiny. But he certainly isn’t viewed as an asset by other teams for those with wishful thinking.

Those preaching he should be playing more need to go back and watch last nights game. He had to be yanked. Having a few decent games with minutes playing alongside Harden will not keep him on a roster. And for those saying he’s still young, Capela was playing in the playoffs at that age.

D-rock likes this.
  20. TipsyDixit

TipsyDixit Member

Listening to the Dunc'd On Mock Trade Deadline pod and they mentioned the Suns wanting to potentially unload Aaron Baynes because he is expiring. Baynes can shoot and provides a player similar to Steven Adams that Russ is used to playing with. Plus, he sets great screens which this team is lacking.
    So I propose two trades:

Suns get: Hartenstein, Nene, GG (has to be convinced to waive the no-trade, which he would because he likely cannot come back during the season), 2020 1st
    Rockets get: Baynes
    https://tradenba.com/trades/QvZ6-INtj
    GG could be replaced with Thabo, but I would not want to deplete wing depth.

Then, to help wing depth trade with the Magic for Houston native Wes Iwundu. Our trade exception from the Brandon Knight trade is still available:

Magic get: 2021 2nd, 2023 2nd
    Rockets get: Wes Iwundu
    https://tradenba.com/trades/VQLGhvPsK