1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

1st trade

3 team trade:

NYN: Tucker, House, Tyson, 2 Rockets FRP

MIN: Dennis Smith, Kevin Knox

HOU: Covington, Okogie, Wooten

2nd trade

Rivers to PHI for Jonah Bolden + SRP

Sign DJ Stephens

Russ/Okogie
    Harden/EGo/Clemons
    Stephens/McLemore
    Covington/Bolden/Thabo
    Capela/Hartenstein/Wooten

Still have Nene, Green, Thabo for smaller trades.

DeBeards likes this.
  2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You and I have talked about Holmes, Bogdan, etc before so how about this:

Minnesota receives:
    PJ Tucker
    Houston 1st

Sacramento receives:
    Clint Capela
    Houston 2nd

Houston receive:
    Robert Covington
    Bogdan Bogdanovic
    Richaun Holmes

JamalP. and Vivi like this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, that's why i said one and a half year, full next season and then he'll be in his last year (assuming the Heat exercise the team option and don't let him go to get more cap space, which is antoher reason why i can see them moving him now), which means at the deadline he might be gone if they don't know/think they can keep him.

You make a good point about him being an asset both in terms of value and salary, that's true, i just don't see stars who will be available this summer, seems to me it makes more sense for the Heat to go all in free agency at this point, they'll have a chance to go out there when Giannis and other big names will be available with something like two max slots open.

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

https://tradenba.com/trades/DZW9twwz-

Rockets Receive
    Winslow and Noel

Thunder Receive
    Dragic, Olynk, Leonard and Herro

Heat Receive
    CP3 and PJ Tucker

Why Houston does it? PJ seems to be over being in Houston. Winslow loves Houston. Noel adds depth at the 5.

Why OKC does it? CP3 was untradeable just two months ago. They get out from his contract while they can and they get a great runningmate next to SGA. This is a great move and they can cut salary now or later as all three of these non Herro's are immediately tradeable.

Why the Heat does it? C'mon! They get their second or third star (depending how you view Bam) and they get PJ Tucker, who is that star's best friend. They truly have a shot to win the East with this move.

New Rotation in Houston.

Still the need to get another 3 or 4 for depth but Winslow can play either efficiently and eases the rotation a little bit.

WB/Rivers
    Harden/Ego
    House/BMac
    Winslow
    Capela/Noel

#744 treyk3, Jan 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    steddinotayto likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Love Winslow too but he would be undersized PF. 6'4.5 (maybe 6'5 now) barefoot with 6'10 wingspan.

But point is moot, Winslow is out 2-4 weeks with back injury.

DeBeards likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

MIN is looking for a starting point guard.

Thats where all the D'Angelo Russell and Jrue Holiday talk is coming from.

DeBeards and steddinotayto like this.
  7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He's officially listed at 6-6 on NBA.Com

He's taller than PJ with a smaller wingspan but he plays defense with a similar tenacity and he will definitely help Harden on the double teams with his playmaking ability.

Kuzma is a defensive black hole and unless we are adding him to this team without losing any depth, we have no shot of improving but taking out PJ and adding KK this season. Maybe in the future but for now, Kuzma is a negative on defense.

8. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Wait sorry, I mistyped. They have him under contract until 2022 not 2021 is what I meant. So two years after this

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think the trade is fair for all parts but i don't think Minnie would do it, although they could still trade PJ to another team for another 1st and maybe more easily i think so, maybe they could be on board afterall, is that good enough for us though? Maybe yes all things considered, cause:

Capela > Holmes
    Covington > PJ (if anything considering their age)
    Bogdanovic > 1st rounder

The only big problem i see here is that Bogdan wants to have his role and get paid, and both those things aren't happening here...i think, he wouldn't be able to start cause he's not a defender, and Tilman isn't going to pay him...unless we give up Eric in the summer but that's a big if, i don't really know if we want to trade him, if there's any team interested...i would expect so but who knows. I also wonder how much is Bogdan going to get paid, i have a difficult time thinking about this but like always, it only takes one team to overpay and you know what will happen at that point.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

6'6.5 in shoes

https://www.nbadraft.net/2015-nba-draft-combine-measurements/

Would take either Winslow or Kuzma right now and consider our team improved.

DeBeards likes this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah exactly, which means full next season (1 year) plus the last season assuming they exercize the team option and decide to keep him after the deadline (why i said half of a year, could be another full season, like half or even nothing if they decide to open up more cap space and release him).

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Imo, Winslow would be better for us simply cause he's a better defender then Kuzma, he's still not PJ but he can play defense, Kuzma just can't. At the same time, if we can get Kuzma and a Covington kind of player, that wouldn't be a problem i guess, it would be basically replace PJ with Covington (let's say) and House/McLemore with Kuzma.

treyk3 likes this.
  13. sogood.

sogood. Member

D-rock likes this.
  14. steddinotayto

They definitely need a PG but I don't think they have enough assets to get a PG at that level, even with Covington. They could/should aim lower at like a Rozier or Graham from Charlotte or Jason Hart from NO. I actually think Hart would be a pretty good fit next to Towns and Wiggins.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

MIN is willing to give up Covington + picks to get all star or near all star level PG.

Seeking a 3rd "star" to placate KAT.

DeBeards and steddinotayto like this.
  16. steddinotayto

I just don't see Rosas giving up multiple picks and Covington for Russell. Yea it's paramount that they pacify KAT but man....what a price that would be.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Would really love to know what Rosas is willing to move for Russell, personally, i don't really think he is as good as a lot of people think, i might be absolutely wrong but even if you pair him with Towns, they won't win ****, Russell isn't even as good as Irving if you ask me. They would need a better player, especially someone who can actually lead the team and Towns, which is something just not available imo.

18. steddinotayto

It definitely would be hard to find a buyer for Gordon at $20mill/season. But Gordon + a few min contracts could net you a player like......

[​IMG]

On the last year of his contract lol.

Vivi and HP3 like this.
  19. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Yeah I don't buy the Kuzma to the Rockets rumor.

If I was to rank what we should prioritize via trade it'd be:

1) Defense, specifically at the Forward (3/4) and Wing (2/3) spots.
    2) Size - also at the Forward/Wing spots. Goes along with #1. We've been missing versatile 6'8"-6'9" types since LMAM/Ariza left.
    3) Scoring outside of Harden/Russ -- most likely from those same positions.

The likelihood of us landing a guy who addresses all 3 is unlikely, but Kuzma, a 6'9" score-first forward, doesn't address point #1 at all, which is the most important priority (even if he addresses #2/#3). And defense becomes even more important if we do have to move Capela (or even Tucker).

--

There aren't too many ideas out there that don't involve 3-4 teams because some of the teams that could use a C are in direct competition with us (LAC, DAL etc.)

I haven't thought about moving Tucker because he's 34, fits well with us, is a locker-room leader, and likely doesn't have a ton of trade value. That said, I could see another contender (preferably in the East) wanting to overpay for him as their last piece.

Vivi likes this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Agreed, but assuming we wouldn't mose much in terms of picks, we could still try to get a defensive minded player after getting Kuzma, again, on paper, i don't know how doable that really is, but if we would still have like a 1st rounder, a 2nd rounder, Hartenstein...a guy like Crowder for example would be easy to get, probably wouldn't even require to trade all that package. At the same time, i wouldn't be exactly thrilled by having Kuzma and Crowder at wings, not sure why, just my feeling i guess.

Sen89 likes this.