1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Still believe Morey has opportunity to steal talent while filling needs.

Josh Jackson was recent top 5 pick who is struggling for minutes with MEM. His latest off court issues (late to meeting) might even give assets to HOU to take him.

6'8 scorer who can create for himself plus high defensive upside. Jackson is also rim runner and rim protector to pair up with Russ.

Add 6'9 stretch 4 in Bruno and it is looking bright for Rockets. Bruno also a switch defender like Jackson as well as effective rim runner and protector.

jch1911 likes this.
  2. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Knicks Morris average 19 points

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Morey needs to make a small move now. Team is bleeding bad due to injuries, illness and load management. Tucker and Harden are gassed, especially on B2B.

Just need minor infusion of talent while continuing to work on another homerun trade.

Bring in Josh Jackson & Bruno from MEM or Keita Bates-Diop from MIN or Semi Ojeleye/Javonte Green from BOS.

treyk3 likes this.
  4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

josh makes too much unless it’s a buyout.

I like this mindset though.

DJ Wilson
    Richaun Holmes
    Bruno
    Christian wood
    Chris Boucher

any of these guys could help Capela and PJ reduce their wear and tear. None of them should cost too much in assets.

fattz likes this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Other names for this list:

Torrey Craig
    Jarred Vanderbilt
    Bol Bol

Max Strus
    Tremont Waters

DaQuan Jeffries
    Amile Jefferson

David Nwaba

Louis King

Henry Ellenson

Amir Coffey
    Jonathan Motley

Kostas Antetokounmpo
    Zach Norvell

John Konchar
    Yuta Watanabe

Harry Giles
    Hamidou Diallo
    Isaiah Briscoe
    Justin James
    Wenyen Gabriel

Luguentz Dort

7. fattz

fattz Member

Where do we sign for this trade?

AroundTheWorld and D-rock like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

fattz likes this.
  9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Rockets are with 4th seed Denver at 6 games back of Lakers (1st seed)

.5 games back of Dallas for 3rd seed (Doncic probably out 2 weeks with ankle sprain)

2 games back of Clippers for 2nd seed

Everyone needs to calm down about trade urgency. Nene eligible for trade around Jan 15th....probably when trade
    gets serious for Rockets.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

No urgency for big trade, but never too early to tweak roster with smaller acquisitions.

A lot can happen in 2 weeks.

BaselineFade likes this.
  11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

You certainly did your homework in post #426

fattz and D-rock like this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just hope we get that forward we need sooner than later. I mean we play the Clippers, Dallas, Lakers (twice), and Denver (3 times) between now and the trade deadline.

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

What’s Gerald Green’s contract value in a trade? ESPN Trade machine says 1.620 but I thought it was just above $2M.

Does Danuel House + Gerald Green for Bertans work? If it’s 1.6 then it doesn’t and we’d have to do House + Nene.

#433 Zoplicone, Dec 15, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Pretty sure both Gerald and Nene's contracts are worth 1.6 in trades. No point in moving House for Bertans though, imo at least.

15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

No. I’m pretty sure Nene’s is 2.5. I could have sworn BimaThug said Green’s contract was worth just above 2 Mil at some point.

Also what’s Thabo’s? Again it says 1.6 on ESPN trade machine but his salary is 2.5?

EDIT: Nevermind. BimaThug stated it was 1.6 not over 2. @Vivi Youre right about Green. Honestly I’d look to trade House since he may be our best asset and maybe because he’s signed for cheap longer we’d be able to get a slightly better forward who a team may not want to re-sign. You disagree that it would be Bertans which is understandable; I think we tend to overvalue House on here and when EG comes back think we’d be less likely to miss him if Mclemore keeps this up.

#435 Zoplicone, Dec 15, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Alright. I played around with the trade scenarios and this is the best wishful thinking I can come up with where the numbers work (They're both 3 for 1 trades which make it even more difficult, gotta find a third team to re-route a contract, but let Morey figure out this mess)

Nene + Thabo + Clark (2.564 + 1.620 + 1.416 = 5.6. That multiplied by 1.25 + 100k can get us up to 7.100)

House + Gerald Green + Isaiah Hartenstein (3.540 + 1.620 + 1.416 = 6.576. That multiplied by 1.25 + 100k gets us up to 8.320)

Nene + Thabo + Clark + a pick for Bertans

House + Green + IH for Crowder (I'd rather trade this package with Sacramento, they would value House because he's locked up for cheap, but this falls just a couple 100ks short for Bogdonavic. I feel like they value Bjelica more. They do have too many forwards and will eventually trade Bogdonavic this season.) (Don't think Chris Clemons can be used as filler right?)

Capela / Chandler
    PJ / Bertans
    McLemore / Crowder
    Harden / EG
    Westbrook / Rivers

It's a reach, yeah

Vivi and HP3 like this.
  17. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Our bench power is very weak, when you comparing with bucks and clippers. We need to sign back Faried, we needs a bench who can give at least 10 points per game. He is a good center. Tyson looks unreliable. This year competitors are very strong in the power forward and small forward position. Otherwise we just wasting money to build the double MVP combination.

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Green can veto any trade.

His trade value is 1.6 which is equal to a 2nd year players vet min while his actual salary is greater.

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Plus you’ve created a different roster not a better one. There’s not a lot of moves to make here. Heck buyout market might be best source.

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't like the idea of trading House …. he's such a good fit next to Harden and shoots the three at a really good percentage.

If you ask me , moving House for a marginal upgrade at the 4 spot is a lateral move at best.