1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Maybe once (if) Hornets are eliminated, he can be signed after being bought out. That was my thought this off-season.

da_juice and saleem like this.
  2. vator

vator Contributing Member

Obviously this a highlight game for him, but this was just last season. He'd be sneaky good on this team.

jch1911 and jcmoon like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

How's his defense these days? Another +33 year old.

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Westbrook / McLemore / Nene

for

Teague / Dieng / Covington / 1st.

Harden / Rivers / Clemons
    House / Gordon
    Tucker / Thabo
    Covington /
    Capela / Dieng / Chandler

5. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

This is one of the worst trades I've seen on this site and that's saying something

6. larsv8

You must think Westbrook is still good?

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  7. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

It doesn’t really matter what we think. James Harden believes Westbrook is still good, and that’s all that matters.

remarrexxar, ThatBoyNick and Naismith like this.
  8. DVauthrin

Why do you want the Rockets best defender guarding bench players? That defeats the purpose of having an all-NBA-caliber defender on your roster.

9. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Last I checked he's still top 10 player in this league and is averaging close to a triple double for the 4th straight season these players don't grow on trees

jch1911 and D-rock like this.
  10. larsv8

I would disagree with you there.

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't - Just because you don't start doesn't mean you don't play starters minutes.

The main thing is getting a bigger body at the 4 … and I really don't expect that bigger guy to be guarding 2-3-4.

Hell , if you insist , start Tucker at the 3 with that bigger 4 …. bring House off the bench and slide Tucker to the 4 when that other guy takes a seat.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

I might be very well wrong since i didn't watch him much in Charlotte, but even in his prime in Utah and Atlanta he has never been a very good defender, more like average and definitely better than Ryan, but still, that doesn't say much, especially now that he's 33...as a buyout i'd still sign him though, i think he can still help a bit.

jch1911 and D-rock like this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Westbrook for Lowry

Feel like this would put us a lot closer to winning a ring.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't think WB is good but I don't like that deal either. Can't afford to take Dieng, Teague sucks as well. RoCo is nice but Teague isn't good enough to be our pg, and we need a great pg for Harden to rest. A 3rd team would be needed.

15. larsv8

Teague expiring + pick for whatever you need, or stopgap Teague and use Dieng + pick to upgrade this summer.

There was some hope Westbrook might get better in a new situation, but he hasn't, his effectiveness is in sharp decline. We need to get value before people realize he isn't good anymore.

da_juice likes this.
  16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Get some good herb in this week? WTF.

D-rock likes this.
  17. DVauthrin

I am not questioning whether Tucker would get heavy minutes coming off the bench. My concern is who he guards during his 25-30 minutes per game. All of his minutes must involve him guarding one of the opponent’s best scorers, not bench players. If D’Antoni is creative, it could work because Brad Stevens and the Celtics have found a way to use Marcus Smart that way.

Also, I agree it would be great if the Rockets can acquire another small forward or power forward with length to reduce the load on Tucker, and put him in fewer situations where he’s severely undersized.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lowry's one of the best 3PT shooters in the league, one of the best defensive PG's, a good passer while also being a low turnover guy. That's everything that we need at our pg position IMO. Westbrook is none of those things, he's the worst 3PT shooter in the entire league, he's mediocre on defense, and while a good passer he's a high turnover guy.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

And yet Westbrook is still the better player.

mikol13 likes this.
  20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Sure because you say he is.