1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2018-19

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 7, 2018.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

@saleem
    Gary Clark not being drafted also speaks volumes. Morey tends to get back a second rounder or two when trading out a first rounder. Morey more times than not turns the 2nd round picks into value. Qi pick was more of a favor to Yao Ming, in my opinion.

saleem likes this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope the Lakers will hover below the 8th seed by the Feb deadline, and get "desperate" for Carmelo, so the Rockets can get a good 2nd rounder out of them.

3. Ryris

Ryris Member

Rox In: Anthony Davis
    Rox Out: Capela, Ego, 4 1st rounders

4. mockster

mockster Member

Doubt they take it even though it’s a decent return for them but it’s still better then what lakers could offer.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Would you rather have KCP or Justin Holiday+RoLo? for Chriss+Knight+Melo+ 2019 first-round pick (lottery-protected)

FYI, KCP, RoLo and Holiday are all expiring.

-----

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...deals-for-carmelo-anthony-jeremy-lin-jr-smith

1. Chicago Bulls Receive: Marquese Chriss, Brandon Knight, Ivica Zubac, 2019 first-round pick (lottery-protected, via Houston)

Houston Rockets Receive: Justin Holiday, Robin Lopez

Los Angeles Lakers Receive: Carmelo Anthony

LeBron James is now totally, publicly onboard with the Lakers adding Carmelo Anthony.

"We'll see. I don't run the team," he said when asked about potentially teaming up with his currently exiled friend after Los Angeles' Dec. 18 loss to Brooklyn, per the Orange County Register's Kyle Goon (via CBS Sports' Jack Maloney). "There are obviously things that need to be worked out on both sides. But I've always wanted to play with Melo, and if the opportunity presents itself, it'll be great. So we'll see what happens."

This falls well short of a demand, but sometimes, as it pertains to James, a general endorsement is akin to the same thing.

The Lakers have resisted dealing for Anthony thus far, according to Stein. Maybe they should stop fighting it. They're 29th in catch-and-shoot efficiency on the season—24th since Dec. 1—and their half-court offense remains middle-of-the-road, per Cleaning the Glass.

Melo might be able to help them as a spot-up shooter off the bench, assuming he once again buys into reserve duty and starts hitting more of his wide-open threes. If the cost is this low, the Lakers should find out.

Chicago may not consider itself a salary-dumping ground. Zach LaVine's ankle injury, along with the team's general awfulness, should change that. Eating Brandon Knight's 2019-20 salary ($15.6 million) is worth a first-rounder. He might even offer some utility in a backcourt barren of reliable table-setters.

Houston should be similarly up for this deal. Justin Holiday is having a fantastic season and bolsters a shoddy wing rotation. He's not suited to chase around the biggest covers, but the same is true of Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, whom the Rockets are apparently pursuing more than anyone, according to Stein.

Holiday is longer and does more off the bounce by a hair. With that said, his efficiency has dipped, while Caldwell-Pope is shooting 37.9 percentfrom downtown through his last 20 games. If the Rockets are higher on him and inclined to favor luxury-tax savings, something like this could work:
      • Bulls Receive: Marquese Chriss, Brandon Knight, 2019 first-round pick (lottery-protected, via Houston)
      • Rockets Receive: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Michael Beasley
      • Lakers Receive: Carmelo Anthony, Justin Holiday, Robin Lopez
      Nothing changes for the Bulls, and the Lakers are substantially better off. They add some money to this year's payroll, but none to next season's ledger. Holiday is more offensively interchangeable than Caldwell-Pope, and Lopez is good insurance against Tyson Chandler's age and JaVale McGee potentially regressing out of his new normal.

Tristan_fiore likes this.
  6. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I would personally rather have Holiday and Robin Lopez. We could use some rebounding help and I like Holiday’s defense and length. Getting Beasley back would be huge as well.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I purposely left him off because I think he would but cut if moved here. One of the first things MDA did when he got here was have Beasley shipped out of town.

8. tc0330

tc0330 Member

RoLo sucks ass man.

id rather get KCP, same player as holiday but better imo, because hes 25 and not 29.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

10. MC31B

MC31B Member

I get the knee surgery with Lance but we have to buy low with the assets we have. And you are right about Myers Leonard. After watching nene kick his butt back into jv I'm no longer interested.

saleem likes this.
  11. macan

macan Member

wizards is a mess, let's see if we can steal someone for cheap

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

When you say "sucks ass," I take it by context you mean, "And not in a good way"?

13. tc0330

tc0330 Member

thats usually what it means

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

How about Marc Gasol?

Memphis is slumping and could fall out of the playoff picture.

He has a player option next year which he might decline and become a free agent. It is possible Memphis decides to cut bait at the trade deadline?

Gasol is on the decline, but is still a pretty good player, and he is a 37% 3 point shooter. I am not sure we have seen a legit stretch five around Harden, so it opens up some interesting possibilities on offense, and we all know Gasol is no slouch defensively.

No, I wouldn't move Capela, I propose having both. I get frustrated with Capelas inability to hit free throws and I think there is minutes enough for both, especially if we could play MG at spot minutes as a stretch four alongside Capela.

Thoughts?

15. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

First thing Memphis gonna ask for Marc Gasol will be Capela

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Gasol isn't worth Capela

saleem likes this.
  17. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Hopefull trade chatter picks up this weekend. It's been quite dead other than Ariza trade

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

True.

19. BigBum

BigBum Member

Trade expert Morey is washed up. It seems that all 10 new acquired players this offseason are unmovable.

Move Knight?
    Move Melo?
    Move MCW?
    Move Chriss? No

Move Zhouqi? yes

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

A pg please.