1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Raider Nation

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by moestavern19, Jan 7, 2001.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

When you look at the Raiders, and ask yourself, who do I defend?, the inevitable answer is 'I don't know'. The Raiders have no weapons. The Raiders lost because they don't have a weapon. Gannon is second rate QB who had a nice year. The Ravens have Boulware and Lewis. And on offense they have Lewis and Sharpe. They have weapons. The Giants have Strahan and not much more. I'm surprised they beat the Vikings, but it looks like the Vikings didn't even show up, so that was an illusion. I pray the giants win...

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

2. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

Glad to see that Ray Lewis got fined for that hit against McNair.

Lewis fined for roughing up McNair
    Tennessean Staff, Wire Reports

Baltimore Ravens middle linebacker Ray Lewis, the NFL’s Defensive Player of the Year, was fined $7,500 by the NFL for roughing the passer with a hit on Titans quarterback Steve McNair in the Titans-Ravens divisional playoff game Jan 7.

Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said he did not request that the league review the play, choosing instead to wait and see if it was singled out in the league’s regular review. It was.

"I’ve seen a lot of other hits on the quarterback that weren’t as flagrant draw fines," Fisher said. "There was a little extra involved in this contact. That’s what the league is trying to get away from."

Lewis pounded McNair to the Adelphia Coliseum sod. McNair suffered a sprain of the AC joint in his left shoulder and left the game briefly.

Baltimore went on to beat the Titans in that game, and won the AFC Championship Game on Sunday in Oakland. Defensive tackle Tony Siragusa put a similar hit on Raiders quarterback Rich Gannon in that game.

------------------
    Titan's fanatic!!!!

Counting down the days till January 27, 2002 (Superbowl 36 in New Orleans).

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Are quarterbacks even considered football players anymore? Jeez, they're just as bad as kickers now.

------------------
    "He was under more balls than a midget hooker."-Bobby Hill

visit www.swirve.com, coming January 20th, the top 10 films of 2000!

and, http://www.geocities.com/clutch34_2000 for great Rocket insight by some of your fellow BBS posters!

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

A second rate QB? What the hell are you talking about!!?? Rich Gannon is the Starting Pro Bowl QB for the AFC , He lead the AFC in rushing OVER Steve McNair and others , He passed for 29 td's and just 10 picks , Dont give that crap , Rich Gannon has proved he is one of the best QB in the league .

------------------
    I am not Steve Francis

5. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Gannon has had one good year. If he can sustain it, I will agree, he is in the upper echelon of QB's.

But, even the sun shines on a dog's a$$ from time to time. Gannon may have been that dog this year.

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

6. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Rich Gannon had a career year this year. He was one of the best QBs in the NFL for this season. I seriously doubt he can duplicate it next year. The Raiders had better go QB shopping, because Rich Gannon is not the long-term answer.

------------------
    "Blues is a Healer"
    --John Lee Hooker