1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Quit the Yao bashing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jakedasnake, Jan 6, 2005.

Tags:
  1. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

OK...these trade scenarios everyone is coming up with are r****ded and about as realistic as pamela anderson's body. i think i read one about trading yao and spoon for cat and cato? honestly! exert your heads from your A and realize we have a good product in yao ming.

2. Eva123

Eva123 Member

EXCELLENT POST.

3. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

not the most thought out post, but I kinda enjoyed reading it.

4. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Are you telling us that those fabulous boobs of Pamela's are not real?:D

5. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Yao stays.

McGrady stays.

So Decreed This 6th Day of January, 2005 by Leslie Alexander.

6. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Wow, someone on this board actually has sense. Thank you for making this post. :)

7. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

Yao is going nowhere. Van Dummy on the other hand...

8. Houstonrocketss

Hmmmmm truth hurts when Yao plays like hell and Deke pretty much kept us in the game against Phoenix banging the boards...

Yao is soft he plays with no killer instinct....

9. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

jakedasnake is da man!

10. rwienert

rwienert Contributing Member

Houstonrocketss has zero knowledge of basetkball.

Here's one of the many facets of Yao's presence that you're overlooking.

He draws a double team basically every time he touches the ball, sometimes he draws it before the ball is thrown into him. Those wide open 3's that were available for Sura, Barry, and Wesley were a direct product of Yao being on the court.

At times, the Lakers would give up the wide open 3 and double down on Yao before he could get the ball, leaving a man with the ball wide open on the perimeter. Someone has to be able to knock that shot down.

11. Houstonrocketss

And you have ZERO knowledge on how to SPELL "BASKETBALL"

Truth hurts...see other thread on those who agree:eek:

12. rwienert

Sorry for the typo. Didn't realize this was an English lit class, could've sworn I was on a message board on the internet.

The over under on
    Houstonrocketss's age is set at 9. Betting is officially open.

You should go to bed, you're obviously up to late and have become very cranky.

13. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

We are being blinded by our team's colors.

Every analyst is seeing something we won't admit.

Even TMac said Yao was a Rik Smitts player.

It is not Yao bashing, I love Yao. I want him to play well.

But he is not playing well.

He is not playing like the 2nd best center in the NBA.

He has limitations that may not change.

1. He is too slow and awkward.
    2. He is too passive defensively
    3. He doesn't have quick enough feet defensively
    4. He is not a good post scorer do to slow footwork

I think his awkward and slow foot work are really being exposed.

He has not shot well in the post. I don't know if he can turn his shooting around. I think he will in time and be a better player.

But I don't think it is bashing to be objective about his impact on the game at this time.

He is not a go to player.

14. rwienert

I think everyone is overreacting. Rhester makes a good point about yao's limitations. But I think Yao can improve in all these areas.

Yao will never become an explosive athlete, but I think he can learn to anticapate better. It seems that this year has confidence has been shaken a little. I think he'll overcome all of this and eventually become the best center in the game. That doesn't mean he'll be Shaq, but he'll still become a very good low post scorer and a superstar.

Consider this: Tonight Yao overcame a very poor 1st half to finish with 25 points in the game. That's not so bad is it???

15. rhester

Yao's 25 pts. didn't affect the outcome of the game.
    Yao's slow awkward play may never change.
    Yao may not improve. There is no guarantee.

16. rwienert

his 25 pts were a big part of the rockets cutting the lead to 8. would you rather he have done nothing at all in the 2nd half???

If his points didn't affect the outcome of the game, then theoritically none of the rockets points affected the game because they did still lose.

You're right though. There is no guarantee that Yao will improve. But my feelings on Yao getting better can be best summed up in a simple statement that anyone who has been a rockets fan for more than 5 years should remember. Simple: "I believe"

#16 rwienert, Jan 8, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  17. rhester

I didn't mean his point meant nothing

TMac scored well in a lot of losses last year.

Sometimes your points don't affect the outcome...
    You are scoring but not imposing your will on the game.

Really we are a two horse show TMac and Yao and if they don't impose their will on the game we are going to win many games.

For the most part Yao came alive in the 2nd half but we needed two halves from him tonight.

TMac wasn't involved enough.

Sura Barry and Wesley shot too much.

We didn't defend.

Don't think Yao showed well tonight because his 2nd half run was negated by his 1st half stink and poor interior defense all night.

18. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Without Yao I think we are last year's Orlando Magic......not a long post, but thats all I have to say.

19. rwienert

I wouldn't say they shot too much. The shots they took were wide open looks. I would say that they missed too much however. With two players who can draw double teams like Yao and T-Mac, you absolutely must have guys who can knock down wide open shots.

The difference in the game last night was that the Lakers role players were able to knock down their wide open looks when our defenders had to help on Kobe. Caron Butler killed us with open jumpers in the first half. In the 2nd Lamar Odom knocked down his open shot, and I believe on 3 straight plays, Brian Cook hit 3 straight open looks.

If our role players can't make the opposition pay for agressive double teaming, then the rockets won't win many games....

20. Rheologist

Rheologist Member

Can anybody confirm Tmac said this? If so, well, I do not think Yao is gonna win a championship together with Tmac. Has Steve ever said something negative about yao publicly?