1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question about PCs internationally

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by candlegreen, May 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

.... sad to ask since I work with computers myself...

Anyone have first hand experience if computers worldwide uses the same type of ports? I'm thinking microphone/ headset/ speaker/ usb/ esata/ etc...

I know DVDs and stuff doesn't work the same way in terms of TV/ etc....

Please let me know if this is confusing, I just assume it's the same for computers outside of the outlet that I know is different because of voltage and the outlet plugs....

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I know that when I was in Korea and Brazil, the PCs/Laptops that the Koreans and Brazilians used were exactly the same (hardware wise) as the ones I use. The DVD players work the same, but the DVDs themselves are regionally coded so a DVD from the USA may not play in an actual player from another country. Generally though, you can set your PC/Laptop to a particular region code X times before it gets "permanently" set to that region code.

1 person likes this.
  3. candlegreen

Thank you. I'm looking at a wireless headset type of deal. That does help a lot! Appreciate the time taken to write that.

4. huypham

huypham Contributing Member

I used to work at HP. Those are all international standards. Wouldn't be able to create in bulk if they weren't.

You'll be fine.

1 person likes this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

laptop keyboards can be different. but ports? don't think so. you can remap the keys, but the labeling of the keys would be wrong.

1 person likes this.
  6. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

The ports are all the same. You should be more considered about actual power supply and not surging out your system due to voltage differences.

1 person likes this.
  7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah, 220v vs 110v is all you need to worry about.

1 person likes this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This is a big issue when you travel through Eastern Europe. Crazy surges sometimes.

1 person likes this.
  9. candlegreen

Oh won't be a problem. Trying to find gifts for people that are helping out for my upcoming wedding. Figure I'll try to get a wireless headset or something similar that either has a usb dongle connection or something that's comfortable. It's what I expected but I just wanted that extra .1% sure since I've never really worked with PCs overseas....

Thanks for all the responses!!

1 person likes this.