1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question about NBA League Pass

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DreamMachine34, Oct 13, 2001.

Tags:
  1. DreamMachine34

Is the NBA League Pass a 24/7 set of channels, meaning that besides this upcoming season, they show older games to fill in the schedule? Or is that some other NBA package deal? Thanks.

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

No, they come on when the games start I believe...otherwise they have some nice easy jazz playin..

3. DreamMachine34

So is NBA League Pass the only NBA channel? I swore that was something else that showed nothing but old NBA games 24/7. Or maybe I'm just hoping I can catch some old games...

4. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

You're probably thinking of NBA.com TV. That channel comes with NBA League Pass when you order it with Direct TV, and it comes standard with Digital Cable. They show classic games, old NBA Entertainment Videos, old NBA commercials, current game-day highlights, and an NBA talk show called "the NBA Beat".

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

On my digital cable subscription, NBA.com tv was separate from the League Pass. I just got League Pass, but have been watching NBA.com TV since I got my cable back in June.

6. B

B Contributing Member

Ahhh, I remember not living in Houston and having NBA League Pass and NBA.com TV. NBA.com TV was a blast! Even if they seemed to show a lot of the old painful Rocket losses in the playoffs. For some sad reason I would pull for the Rockets, even though I had seen the game years ago and knew the outcome. They even show specials on players, like Hakeem, Barkley and Drexler. I used to just lay on the couch after playing a pick up game and watch NBA.com until I passed out. The Leaugue Pass channels show nothing if there are no games, though it would be cool if they did replay games during downtime (which is 80% of the time).

B