1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question about kids at Toyota Center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shawndme7, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

So Ive been to 2 games this year, 1 in NY when the ROckets came, and I watched a random CLippers game in LA. Both times I took my almost 4 year old son and just had him sit in my lap with my ticket. Both stadiums had a policy of kids 2 and over needed their own ticket - but I was able to get him in.

Im thinking about buying tickets to game 3 and coming from NYC so being able to buy 1 ticket would make this much more of a possibility.

in my experience the people at the door are usually young so they cnat really tell a 3 from a 2 or even 5 yr old.

Any advice?

Im just worried they beef security up for playoffs and we get stuck.

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

They're not going to ID your kid. Does he look around 2. Then you are fine. But it's up to the individual.

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

http://www.houstontoyotacenter.com/arena-info/a-to-z-guide

Children less than 36" tall generally do not need a ticket, provided the child sits in an adult's lap. However, some events will require children of all ages to have a ticket for entry. Please check in advance by calling 713-758-7580.

as long as your kid isn't 3 ft tall, your good :)

1 person likes this.
  4. body slam

body slam Member

Why try to cheat the system? Just by 2 tickets.

5. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

I would buy him a ticket.

6. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

My mom used to do that to me. I felt awkward as hell, doesn't set a good example as a parent.

But I turned out ok :)

7. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

8. dsid411

dsid411 Member

Yeah and I would hate to sit next to someone with a child in their lap. It would be very annoying.

1 person likes this.
  9. j3i

j3i Member

lol.. I remember having happy meals and kids specials well after the age limit. At least I got a bunch of toys.

10. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Oh Idk, maybe to save a 150 bucks. But go ahead, tell me how that money means nothing to you because you're filthy stinkin' rich. I mean, this is the internet after all.

11. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

Right. I mean Im paying a couple hundred for a flight for both of us. I gotta rent a car, get a hotel room for 2 nights. Im trying to save a little money where I can because my son can still sit comfortably on my lap. He loves the Rockets and knows all the players. When we were at the knocks game, he was getting into it with some Knicks fans who were like 20 years old and some of the other Knicks fans were loving it. But at the end of the day he still is just learning to watch the game.

Some people would say well if you cant afford the last $150 for the ticket why go? All Im saying is ive gotten him in before and its a place I can save money to give him a once in a lifetime experience. If it werent comfortable for him to sit in my lap I wouldnt go. Yes once he's 7 years old and has a better understanding of teh game I will buy him a ticket, no problem.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

I would call the # provided by Dave2000.

Me personally though... I can be a pretty paranoid person so I'd probably buy 2. Unless your kid is like 3-5... in which case it'd be a waste of $ since he won't remember the experience anyway.

13. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

And what if they stopped you at the door, you would have just wasted $150.

14. VanityHalfBlack

It beats having kids in an R-rated movie, those I can't stand!!!!

15. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I hate when people brings infants to the movies. Why put everyone else through that experience? Get a sitter....

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Did Earl Boykins get his own seats last year or did they just have him sit in Camby's lap?

17. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Good luck and hope you and your son will enjoy the game! Use the money you save to buy a Jeremy jersey. He's a good role model :)

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

I remember 15 years ago watching Titanic and then the paint-my-boobs scene came up and saw at least 3-5 kids walk out of the theater by their parents orders.

19. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I agree with this, break down and buy your son a ticket. If you can afford to be at games in NY, LA, and Houston I bet you can afford another ticket so you don't annoy others that purchased their tickets to watch the game and not to be bothered by two people sitting in the same seat beside them. I will be there at game 3 and although you and your son are probably very nice people I sure hope your not seated next to me.

20. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

It depends on the kid. An annoying kid in his own seat is just as annoying as an annoying kid in his dad's lap. OP seems like a good responsible dad so I assume he has a well behaved kid.