1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

QB Vince Young out of the game and out of money

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by tinman, Sep 18, 2012.

1. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that was a red flag that the whole article sounded like it was just making stuff up. The reason he bought every ticket is because he wanted to be alone? That sounds like the sort of attitude one would have when they woke up in the morning. Just decided they didn't feel like dealing with people that day. But by then there is no way you could buy up every ticket.

2. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

To be fair, that wasn't the first time I heard about the Cheesecake factory addiction.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://blog.chron.com/jeromesolomon/2012/09/how-much-money-does-young-have-none-of-your-business/

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Skyrimowns = Jerome soloman?

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I thought the media's reaction to the Schilling story was interesting as well, especially considering his extremely hypocritical actions. But as every four years reminds me, for some reason many in this country expect more personal responsibility out of our poor and minorities than they do from our rich.

7. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

what?

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't care about his money, I just cared that a bunch Of Nuthuggers wanted to draft him and set our franchise back a decade (look at the titans now)

10. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

just like David Carr set the Texans back a decade

the Titans have a new young QB, and he impresses me. I think they will be fine in a few years, they have to get rid of C2BUST

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Because Curt Schilling wasn't sought over by FIVE teams during his draft days (second round, I believe?). :eek: He didn't lead his junior college to a national championship. He also didn't take pictures with naked dudes while drinking Patrón?

Black athletes, you say?
    Anyone, whether black, brown, white, or green, should consider themselves lucky to have the talent to start an NFL career and go so far as to earn money with salary, advertisements, etc., doing the things they love... but shouldn't throw it away.

12. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

thats still a LOT of money to blow

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

LOL. There's a huge difference between what happened with Schilling and what happened with Vince.

People tend to look upon an investment gone wrong or business deal gone bad with a slightly kinder, more sympathetic eye than they do somebody who just pisses away money on tequila and cars.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

that's speculation that's what VY blew his money on.
    As far we know it's been TGIFs and Cheesecake Factory. Which is contributing to the local economy. What's wrong with that?

VY is being pointed out cause he's the flavor of the month, but look at nba players like Kenny Anderson and Antoine Walker, they blew about 100 million.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

People that wanted to draft him were Texas fans.

There's nothing wrong with people who want the hometown hero to come home.

The Texans are probably the best team in football right now.

But the reason the Texans are here is because Houston realized that it sucks not having the NFL for so many years.

The Oilers were the original Houston football team. A much better name and much better history if you include the team's accomplishments in Nashville.

Houston Oilers. Houston Oilers. Houston Oilers #1.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, one lost millions of taxpayer money despite his beliefs that people should be able to get by without government assistance. I doubt VY is going to be on food stamps anytime soon.

17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The Titans have been set back a decade? :confused:

Heck, it wasn't that long ago that the Titans were the #1 seed in the AFC.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Titans sucks and wanting to draft a guy way too high because he went to your school is stupid.

19. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

thats what i was about to say

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8...urt-schilling-video-game-company-focused-jobs

Rhode Island voluntarily lured 38 with the promise of money in exchange for jobs. Not exactly "government assistance", at least as you're using the term (i.e. a handout). It was a business deal, and a really stupid one on the part of Rhode Island. So, they're not blameless in this ordeal, either. But the point remains, if you're trying to build something worthwhile, even if you fail, people will be a little more understanding than if you dig your own grave with nothing but luxuries.

There's nothing wrong with it, except for the fact it's stupid to do that to the point where you're broke.