1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Putin's Useful Idiot At Work

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Dec 30, 2016.

1. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I don't even see a rational way to spin this if you're a Trump supporter.

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Rational spins? See support for child sexual abuse... It can be done.

3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. adoo

adoo Member

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Golden opportunity to normalize urolagnia.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

How dare out nation's law enforcement follow a trail of evidence when a corrupt foreign leader might be offended by the truth coming to light. My oh my. We are so bold!

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Muh facebooks told me it was a fake witchhunt. I shared it with muh closest buddies and gently reminded them of the real American tragedy of Seth Rich, in caps of course...

8. Buck Turgidson

Fake news. That is not a Trump or Putin hotel room, the only tacky gold covered stuff in there is Trump himself.

9. adoo

adoo Member

Former U.S. intelligence officials: Trump being ‘played’ by Putin

Two top former U.S. intelligence officials said Sunday that President Trump is being “played” by President Vladimir Putin on Russia’s interference in the 2016 election and accused him of being susceptible to foreign leaders who stroke his ego.

“By not confronting the issue directly and not acknowledging to Putin that we know you’re responsible for this,
    I think he’s giving Putin a pass,” former CIA director John Brennan said ”

“I think it demonstrates to Mr. Putin that Donald Trump can be played
    by foreign leaders who are going to appeal to his ego and try to play upon
    his insecurities, which is very, very worrisome from a national security standpoint.”

Former director of national intelligence James R. Clapper Jr. said he agrees with that assessment.

“He seems very susceptible to rolling out the red carpet and honor guards and all the trappings and pomp and circumstance that come with the office, and I think that appeals to him, and I think it plays to his insecurities,” Clapper said.

Trump told reporters traveling with him in Asia that Putin had assured him at a conference in Danang, Vietnam, on Saturday that Russia did not interfere in the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign, and he indicated that he believed Putin was sincere.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...being-played-by-putin/?utm_term=.04af233d5873

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

11. NewRoxFan

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

CIA Captured Putin's 'Specific Instructions' To Hack the 2016 Election, Says Report

When Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper Jr., CIA Director John Brennan and FBI Director James B. Comey all went to see Donald Trump together during the presidential transition, they told him conclusively that they had "captured Putin's specific instructions on the operation" to hack the 2016 presidential election, according to a report in The Washington Post. The intel bosses were worried that he would explode but Trump remained calm during the carefully choreographed meeting. "He was affable, courteous, complimentary," Clapper told the Post. Comey stayed behind afterward to tell the president-elect about the controversial Steele dossier, however, and that private meeting may have been responsible for the animosity that would eventually lead to Trump firing the director of the FBI.

adoo and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Maybe that 400 guy in his mom's basement does a really good Putin impersonation?

I'm just saying ...

B-Bob likes this.
  14. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

This is really a joke right, Putin say Trump should thank him and Trump calls to thank him? Alpha male, MAGA.

krnxsnoopy, adoo and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. NewRoxFan

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So the president is tipping off foreign powers about what our Central Intelligence is doing? Oh man. That's pretty bad.

17. Buck Turgidson

From what I understand, he passed along info re: potential terrorist attacks in Russia. As long as he didn't go into any operational detail (i.e. how we found out about it), that's a very good thing. Hopefully the Russians cooperate in the same fashion in the future.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True, I think I should have said depending on how he passed along the tip. If he did it without exposing anything from the CIA, then I don't have a problem with this at all.

19. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Remember when we had a president claiming that Climate Change was a much greater threat to humanity than a group of people who just blew up a mosque, killing 400 people?

Trump in strategy document to cite China, Russia as competitors

President Donald Trump will declare that China and Russia are competitors seeking to challenge U.S. power and erode its security and prosperity, in a national security strategy he will lay out in a speech on Monday.

“They are determined to make economies less free and less fair, to grow their militaries, and to control information and data to repress their societies and expand their influence,” according to excerpts of Trump’s strategy released by the White House.

The strategy, a product of months of deliberations by the president and his top advisers, does not repeat former President Barack Obama’s 2016 description of climate change as a U.S. national security threat, aides said.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I garauntee you the scarcity of resources and migration patterns that will occur in the next 6 decades from climate change will have a much larger impact on national security than Muslim extremists.

Tip jar bet?