1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Public Health Expert predicts sports events won't be able to return until Fall 2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Williamson, Apr 15, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Just in case, since you feel this way are you going to sign a waiver saying you won’t take up space in the hospital if you happen to get sick. It’s one thing to be safe and take precautions but you sound like you just want to open without any regard bc the government can’t tell you to not socialize and when you can open.

Ok then. if so and you don’t listen and you happen to get sick, don’t go crying to the hospital looking for help then. You good with that? It’s just crazy still to this point people need pretty much a death to their family member for them to understand this thing. It’s ridiculous

#161 YOLO, Apr 19, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    Batman Jones, Sajan and malakas like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

they should all sign this

[​IMG]

Easy, Jturbofuel, Sajan and 4 others like this.
  3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Actually, I understand the virus far better than you. I've studied the data, I've read the articles, and I've adjusted as new information has come to light. The virus simply does not pose a risk worth hiding from to people under 60 y/o without major health problems. More lives will be saved if we have an economy that can fund healthcare programs. Lockdown is ineffective at this point and actually prolongs the agony, now that the risk of exceeding hospital capacity has passed. I'm highly educated on the topic and do not arrive at these conclusions without significant critical thinking. Your position? Well, I'm sure you read a Vox article. Have a very nice day, friend.

Sep11ie likes this.
  4. jacoby

jacoby Member

Are you not aware that:

a) young people who had underlying health problems have died from this virus

and

b) young people/healthy people are the asymptomatic carriers that will infect the at-risk people anyway?

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

get this i know everything about this virus more than anyone else attitude tf outta here. you obviously don't take into account others. selfish confirmed.

it's hilarious how nobodies like yourself all of a sudden become doctors overnight. it just separates the type of people in this world. those that put a dollar on actual life. its pathetic. in such a case, you should go ahead and get covid-19 and then infect someone close to you. that's obviously the only way you'll learn something. or better yet once you're all out and about, maybe someone will infect you and then you can pass it onto your family and others. great idea. again don't go crying to the hospitals or posting here about how you guys got it

#165 YOLO, Apr 19, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    Sajan, jacoby and Reeko like this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Amen...

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For the love of God let’s get Andrew Yang in Office already. Perfect time to test the Freedom Fund.

Corrosion and jacoby like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

So if they reopen the country, the virus starts to spread like crazy, and u or 1 of your family members gets Covid-19, will u be singing a different tune?

I know several people that work on Covid floors in different hospitals. What they’re experiencing is insane. U must not know anything about that as u cry about the government telling u who u can socialize with.

Sajan, malakas and YOLO like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

it would be 1 thing if their stupidity would only affect them, but these dumb mofos will give it to other people and their families

they will be flooding the hospitals once they inevitably catch the virus

Batman Jones, Sajan and malakas like this.
  10. SORF

SORF Member

I have a family member that turned 40 last Friday, and she had no symptoms. She has been in self quarantine for four weeks after her city called everyone to stay home. She is a prosecutor for a major city. A local health agency in that city asked for volunteers for a medical case study for the coronavirus. She volunteered and took the test...she tested positive for the coronavirus. They theorize she has had it for 2 weeks. In the second week of March, she volunteer to handle court cases for the week prior to the shut down since she was single. Her dept. wanted to protect prosecutors with families from possible exposure in the courtroom. She was shocked with the results of her test...she felt no symptoms. She has had no fever during this time...and still doesn't now that she is instructed to take her temperature 3 times a day. She is now under doctor care while home in a medical forced quarantine for another 2 weeks. Talked with her today, and her spirits are good and she is handling it well. Some of the other prosecutors that volunteer for that one week in court are now being tested too.

The one thing she is happy about is that she did not pass it on to anyone else...she was exposed and developed the virus while she was in self quarantine. The doctors feel she will be recovered during the next two weeks. Then they will take samples of her blood for antibodies.

It has been one heck of a weekend. You're right Jacoby. She planned to see her parents next Wednesday...get them some groceries. That could have been deadly for them since they are in their late 60s.

In many ways I think her volunteering for the case study was a Godsend...the last two weeks are the worse with coronavirus. She knows if she should start experiencing symptoms, she can get immediate medical help quicker then other undiagnosed people when they experience the beginning symptoms.

11. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

This is simply not true. Infected (and mostly asymptomatic) people who are isolated get better before they spread the virus further, reducing total death and buying time to discover and improve treatments, which prevents even more death. The only argument against isolation/distancing is that the at risk, old and unlucky are not worth protecting. Everything else is self-delusion. Stop pretending you’re not a selfish idiot.

Easy, Sajan, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  12. TilmanFinancialWindfall

He's probably thinking the old and unlucky are not worth protecting. It's a sad time to see all these people out there with their MAGA hat protesting to have everything opened up, while shaking hands and hugging everyone next to them. SAD SAD SAD time.

I wonder if Tilman is out there or sent some of his workers out there to protest.

Don't worry, Tilman!!! TEXAS will be the 1st time to open up everything!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Welp thank god for free internet p*rn. My arms and wrists are starting to look like popeye's!

14. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Hope your wrist injury was during working hours while working from home.

File for Worker's Comp or disability?

15. SORF

SORF Member

Latest on my family member....two detectives assigned and work with the prosecutors in and out of the courtroom have tested positive for coronavirus. Probably more to come. :(

16. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Pretty good, but it should include a waiver, signed in advance, by everyone they'll come in contact with, too. Which is impossible. Which is the point.

People that want to go out unnecessarily seem to think they're only putting themselves at risk.

RudyTBag and Easy like this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

well those people that he comes in contact with, are in the same boat as him so they already should have there own and signed

18. riko

riko Member

Honestly I can see the argument from both sides here and everyone here makes valid points and arguments. It’s just a horrible situation we find ourselves in

YOLO likes this.
  19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I hate it when people in China rightly think we are a stupid country.

20. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

This isn't quite right. One can be stupid as one likes in deciding to drive drunk, for example. But one is not "free" to do so--it's illegal because it puts others at significant risk.

We're free to be stupid; we're not free to risk others' lives in the process.

Deckard and Easy like this.