1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Profiteering G-7 Summit To Be Held At Trump's Miami Golf Resort

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Oct 17, 2019.

?

Do You support Trump funnelling events to his properties to make money?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  2. No

41 vote(s)
    97.6%
  1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Because people make this stuff personal. All i said in the first response was i dont care but i understand why people do and i get at least four responses about how im an idiot.

That being said i can be obsessive no doubt

2. Nook

Nook Member

Oh no... he put the tip in, that is coitus my friend.

Andre0087 likes this.
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

you're making a general argument about money. i'm making a specific argument about trump. it isn't that rich people can't violate the rule, its that trump isn't doing this for money IMO as much as he just wants to show his property to other leaders

4. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Immediately thought of...

[​IMG]

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

As a rule of law kinda place, we make our rules to be applied generally to everyone, and treat people all the same when they violate those rules. So when Trump puts himself in a conflict of interest by proposing to sign a contract with himself, it doesn't really matter what his "true motivation" is. It is unethical whatever the motivation. Btw, I really don't even believe the assertion that he doesn't care about the financial benefit. Aside from the personal benefit, I don't think he wants to see Doral in the red, and he definitely doesn't want news stories about how his businesses are in the red. But even if his sole motivation was to show off his resort to his G-7 buddies, it's still an unethical practice. Even if Doral paid the US Government for the privilege, it'd still be unethical self-dealing. If he really wants to show off the place, he should invite those same folks over as a private citizen not in the official capacity as a member of G-7.

adoo, DaDakota and FranchiseBlade like this.