1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Problems with Charles Maund V W ...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Mulder, Nov 21, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

I was just wondering if those of you in the Austin area have had any dealings with the service department at Charles Maund on 183. Here is why I am asking:

On a Saturday not too long ago, I brought my brand new VW Jetta in for the first oil change. This was 2000 miles after it was due to be changed because I had to wait 6 weeks for an appointment slot to open up. Dropped it off saturday morning, picked it up after playing golf that afternoon. Checked the dipstick (just because I don't trust anybody...). The oil was as dark as before I took it in and it was a quart and a half low. Took it over to Jiffy Lube about 3 miles away. They checked it and said that the oil had NOT been changed. I called Maund and left a message the following Monday, no response. Called again and got a call back from the service manager who left a message. Called again when he said he would be there, left a message. Called VW of America and got a great rep who said that she would address the situation for me. She called back and left a message saying that I could go by Maund and pick up a check from the service dept. Went by a couple of days later, they had no clue what I was talking about . The service manager was acting like a horse's rear end saying "we don't give out checks." Called VW Customer relations from his office. Talked to a rep and she said that she would talk to the head service manager about the reimbursement for the oil change from Jiffy Lube. The service manager said "you are welcome to come watch us do the oil change next time". I said you guys willnever touch my car again. This sucks because the V W's come with TWO YEARS of scheduled maintenance free and now because of these jack asses I am going to have to find a dealership out of town to do the work or pay for it out of pocket. Has anyone else run in to situations like this with Maund?
    Please reply.

------------------
    The truth is out there.

2. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Well I bought my new Corolla about 6 months ago from Maund. Haven't had that problem with the oil change, but they are always very busy / disorganized / difficult to get a hold of in the service department.

------------------

3. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Mulder,

Have you checked with the Better Business Bureau? They would be able to tell you of any history of problems with a company.

I've also found that if you have a problem with a business and threaten that business with going to the BBB with a complaint; problems magically get solved.

------------------
    'Deeds, not words, shall speak me.'

4. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I'm not surprised. I think mechanics are as ethical as lawyers and insurance agents. Let's face it, they have a service that we can't provide ourselves. I don't trust mechanics. I've taken my car to Wal mart and had them change my oil, and I know fora fact that they didn't do it.

------------------
    "There are two players carrying the Rockets right now. Hakeem and Olajuwon." Isiah Thomas

5. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

What's sad is that the guys at Jiffy Lube told me that if any of their techs ever failed to do an oil change they would be fired on the spot. He also laughed when he saw the amount of time charged to VW by the mechanic, around 30 minutes. 3 times as long as normal!! He said "I wish I worked at that place. They must make a butt load of money."

------------------
    The truth is out there.