1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

pro life movement mobilizes to rescue separated children at the border

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jun 17, 2018.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I love this place. You surely do learn a lot about people!

conquistador#11 likes this.
  2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Women were also separated from men before going into the gas chambers on the premise it was a shower. Until we start pumping them full of Zyklon B the comparison is about as relevant as Trump and Hitler both breathe.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Yesterday on Newshour the PBS local talk show they were saying these kids could be permanently separated. Apparently thats speculation and i have confidence our government won't lose these kids.

That being said the rush to put the policy in place has caused structural problems.

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It's speculation based on good reasoning.

The government has no plan and has shown a don't care altitude toward reuniting these families. That work is being done by outside groups, lawyers and volunteers.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...ump-executive-order-family-separation/563264/

John Sandweg, a former acting director of ice, told me it’s entirely possible that children and parents will remain permanently separated. Not only could a parent and a child be deported at different times—sometimes years apart—but the passage of time and complexity of geographic distance make it difficult for parents outside of the United States to locate their children. For families who do eventually find one another, reunification will likely take time. “In a significant number of the cases, the child ends up in foster care,” Sandweg said. “Frankly, it can take weeks for HHS to locate a family member as well. The younger the kid is, the harder that is."​

5. conquistador#11

this is what happens when the history channel goes away from history and puts stupid pawn shops and shark shows and ice trucking instead of showing History.

It wasn't until Hitler's advisers, who were competing and one upping against each other, trying to impress fuhrer, that Himmler came up with the final solution. It didn't happen right away.

Before even running for prez, Trump: "Illegals carry tremendous infectious disease"
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ican-immigrants-tremendous-infectious-disease
    Earlier this week: "Infest" and he wasn't talking about a gang.

I don't know what he has to say for people to see that disdain for illegal immigrants is real and worrisome, like a character from a terrible robert rodriguez film.

#125 conquistador#11, Jun 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    Amiga and B-Bob like this.
  6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You think our government would lose a bunch of kids for what to keep them here?

It doesn't want them here remember, you can't have it both ways

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It’s partly to inflict pain on the family, and also just carelessness due to a “I really don’t care” attitude when it comes to their welfare.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's just your bias showing. The reason why those types of things happen is due to the inefficiency of large bureaucracies and especially with those related to the US government. You attribute malice because you desperately want to believe that's the case but that kind of thinking undercuts your credibility. You'll always find that kind of incompetence when dealing with the US government, it's not malicious, it's the incompetence of bureaucracy.

It's just another lesson that should help "big government" people to learn the error of their ways.

cml750 likes this.
  9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

That's not what I think. It doesn't matter what I think. I'm talking about what's going on and what's possible. I have shown the reasons why a former ICE director believe it's possible for some of these children to be permanently separated.

What do I think? I don't think the government is actively trying to lose any children (doubt they are that cruel, or that stupid). But I think it's not a priority for them at all given how they didn't consider the consequences prior to mass separation and how they haven't focused on reuniting these children since the EO. As I said, the government have a don't care altitude. It could easily be worse, but I'm not going there at this point given what I know.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It sounds like you squat when you post, just like your hero allegedly does in the early morning. There's an unpleasant odor surrounding your posts here. You, however, aren't governed by time, like trump can be (trump has a very short attention span - do you?). You have a similar level of morality, as well, in my humble opinion. You will likely take that as a compliment.

I hope you are enjoying yourself. I would hate to think that your immoral posts here reflect what kind of person you reallly are, but if you get off on it, there's nothing to stop you. I doubt if you mind Mr. trump and those surrounding him, like that bizarre Fascist creature, Stephen Miller, relishing immoral behavior, so you fit right in. Enjoy!

11. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i dont think you do understand that "robbery isnt trying to cross the border" or you wouldnt be trying to make this analogy.

a trump supporter/defender (and former obama supporter/defender) who wants open borders...you really are a piece of work!

you have mental problems dude...you say "moral outrage maybe justified" and in the very next sentence you say "the moral outrage is just noise". which is it?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#131 jo mama, Jun 23, 2018
    SF3isBack!! likes this.
  12. jo mama

as i just showed, you have multiple posts in this thread where you are trying to have it both ways.

13. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Well now the kids get to go to jail with their parents. The easiest solution is don't break the law when coming here.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

******* stop calling me a Trump supporter.

I look st every issue separately ln its own. Thanks

As fwr as robbery and crossing illegally they are both crimes are they not?

Please let go whatever issue you have with me and Obams. It has nothing to do with what i think about Trump. I dont get how you criticize me thinking independently about them. That's what people should do but we get it. I liked Obama and i defend Trump. So what?

Yes i believe in open borders but the issue isn't what i believe, the issue is the actual law

#134 pgabriel, Jun 23, 2018
  15. jo mama

you say you are not a trump supporter, but you are one of his biggest defenders on here.

trumps single biggest issue is border security and here you are calling for open borders. whats up with that? most democrats and liberals dont even go that far!

and as i showed in the posts of yours i quoted, you are literally contradicting yourself from sentence-to-sentence. ive never seen anything like that on here before so kudos, i guess.

you keep defending trump as he systematically erases obamas legacy and legislative achievements. if its really about issues and policy then why would you do that? as an obama supporter, why would you defend someone whose main goal as president is to undo what he did? the fact that you are both an obama defender and a trump defender shows that you dont care about actual issues and policy, but would rather just be a toadie for authority figures.

#135 jo mama, Jun 23, 2018
  16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I am not contradicting myself. First my initial problem with this particular thread was the pro life stuff.

No i don't believe what is happening on the border is tragic and its the law and that is my only point

I don't defend Trump trying to repeal the ACA or leaving the Iran treaty

Please drop it, tired the stupid back and forth because i can think independently

#136 pgabriel, Jun 23, 2018
  17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

wow bro, you are the ultimate in high brow.

18. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Sorry, I was on a hiatus so I didn't see this, had to go down to the border and look after some kids that were separated from their parents.