1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

pro life movement mobilizes to rescue separated children at the border

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jun 17, 2018.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you are going to keep comparing dissimilar things you might as well be talking to a wall. Conversation will go nowhere.

2. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Again, I've never said otherwise. I will say until they start using their voice from a place of decency, then there isn't a point in discussing the issue with them. Let's start with decency and humanity, and then see where that takes us.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Are you under the impression kids were not put in detention centers before? What do you think happened to illegal immigrant kids 10 years ago?

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They aren't dissimilar kiddo, and you just saying that they are isn't proving that they are. I'm comparing how the US deals with citizens caught breaking the law to how the US deals with how the US deals with Illegal immigrants caught breaking the law....tell me how those are dissimilar things if you truly believe that.

I mean, your argument is that when illegal immigrants are caught breaking the law that they should be treated one way and that everyone else should be treated a different way.....and if illegal immigrants are treated the same way as everyone else it becomes "cruel"

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If asylum isn’t granted, then yes.

Though there are reportedly cases of immigrants being deported without their children.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/17/us/immigration-deported-parents.html

7. tallanvor

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

First off, it is Snopes which is absolutely credible. Secondly, illegal immigrant children were held with their families. Where do you think they were held?

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

While that's unfortunate, isn't it their fault for trying to exploit the system? In 2009 the number of fraudulent asylum applications was "at least 70%", with the explosion of asylum applications, that number is likely higher today.

Just so we're clear, as of today, if they were legitimate asylum seekers that did things the right way, they wouldn't be separated.....if they were just illegal immigrants who were caught and THEN claimed asylum, that's on them, they aren't legitimate asylum seekers.

10. Senator

Senator Member

Do you think building a wall with cameras and sensors is a solution to this?

Or do you think the families should be apprehended and sent back, without separating the children as the parents are tried?

To the illegals that do make it, should their babies allowed to be US citizens despite their parents being illegal - and why should this be allowed, if you believe it.

Remember, the US is 21 trillion in debt. We are not obligated to give handouts to those intentionally breaking the law because they have inhumanely jeopardized their children's lives.

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The wall isn't a solution. Apprehend those seeking to illegally enter and send them back.

I believe anyone born in the U.S. is a citizen and should be a citizen.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Remenber as you journey through the internet - A meme is not a substitute for love.

13. tallanvor

In a detention center, like they are now. Or as you call it ' locked in cages'

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

They were held together. That's all I'm asking. I think most people would be satisfied with that. Trump's idea to start separating and locking the children up is cruel.

15. Senator

Senator Member

So do all the illegals migrating to the US - and it is their #1 incentive for making the journey. There is absolutely no other logical incentive for this rule to apply.

It is up to the democrats to agree that illegals should be sent back with their children , instead of not budging on the issue and expecting them to magically integrate into the economy as unlicensed humans.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So held together in cages is fine, just so long as they get to be the only people allowed to remain with their families when caught breaking the law....because it's cruel to treat them exactly like you would anyone else. Glad you are still attempting to make this point despite being crushed on the point long ago.

17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I love this nation. I'm not going to fault someone else for wanting their children to be U.S. citizens. I'm not really concerned about that in the slightest.

Most illegal immigration comes from people who land at the airport and overstay their visas. Those illegally crossing the border aren't the majority.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Whatever fault they may have in not seeking asylum in the proper way does not make them being deported without their children an acceptable outcome. The system needs to be better than that.

Sweet Lou 4 2 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well sure, I agree that they should be reunited with their children before being deported. I just also accept that stupid things like that will happen in any large bureaucracy, it's inevitable. You work to fix the mistakes when they happen, but you accept the inevitability of them.

It would make it a lot easier if you could cut down on fraudulent applications for asylum back to where there are only 1400 or 1500 of them a month rather than 10K+ new fraudulent applications for asylum every single month....but I guess you can't control the fraudulent actions of others.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you agree with the new policy of separating children from their parents at the border. Interesting.

It's very similar to what has been done in history. Germans did the same to Jews when putting them into concentration camps - children were separated from parents. I never thought that seemed legit, I guess you do.