1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

pro life movement mobilizes to rescue separated children at the border

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jun 17, 2018.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

[​IMG]
    “They had the audacity to seperate me from my child.”

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, they do. For decades people judged it was cruel to separate innocent children from their families and didn't do it. All it would take would be a phone call from Trump and they could do that again.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

First off, these are individuals who did not seek asylum legally . The legal process for seeking asylum would be to go to a port of entry and plead your case. If you do this you will never be seperated from your kids regardless of the outcome. These are individuals who did not do this and were caught illegally in the country and tried to ask for asylum after. Secondly, all of these people are allowed to return to their country of origin with their kids. They choose this path of asking for asylum knowing they may be seperated. That's humane to me.

Decent would be to stop this illegal immigration to begin with. The things that happen to these people in the desert are awful and the detention centers can't hold this many people .

#83 tallanvor, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Don't "lock her up", deport her back to her country along with her mother.

5. bongman

bongman Member

OP should have added the sanctity of "family" too. Aren't pro lifesr mostly against same sex marriage to preserve family values?

6. tallanvor

As opposed to what? They aren't legal citizens. What is it you think we did with these kids before? Let them roam free in the us?

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, you just have a problem with detaining them until they are deported apparently.

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

My problem is with the needless cruelty of separating their children.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Then DACA happened and a lot disagree and are within their rights to.

Close the loopholes

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Again, point to a scenario where people would be detained for violations of the law and NOT be separated from their children and then we can talk. For whatever reason you ONLY think this is "CRUELTY" when we're talking about illegal immigrants.....it's just standard procedure when it is done to anyone else for any other reason. I know you didn't come up with the talking point about "cruelty", so if you haven't fully thought this out I'll understand. Hopefully your next set of talking points is better thought out.

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

DACA has nothing to do with electing to remove children from their parents.

Close the loopholes or don't close the loopholes. That's a different issue. You don't use cruelty to children to negotiate. You said before you weren't supporting that tactic. Have you changed your mind?

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It's been shown to you why the two situations aren't comparable. You can keep pretending they are, but that's your own strange fetish.

13. tallanvor

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I know it doesn't but it has left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths who feel like using children for sympathy is unfair

Close the loopholes

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not competently it hasn't been. If anything, you just simply said that the two situations weren't comparable without explaining why you seem to think that.

When people are caught breaking the law they are detained and separated from their families, when an entire family is caught breaking the law, they are detained separately. The ONLY scenario where you want this to change is when it comes to illegal immigrants facing deportation, you are completely fine with it in every other scenario which just kills your attempt at a moral argument.

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I’ve written what I think should be done.

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

If someone is more worried about using children for sympathy than the cruel separation and putting children in cages, is so far off base, they shouldn't really make a difference.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It is currently and has always been the standard operating procedure when dealing with all other people detained for all other crimes.....I know you want to paint this as if we're talking about Nazi death camps, but you'll just make yourself foolish if you keep going down that path.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

But they do have a voice just like you