1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

pro life movement mobilizes to rescue separated children at the border

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jun 17, 2018.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Immigrants won’t kill our culture. Immigrants are our culture. F$&@sticks like Acehole will never admit that. The restaurants you eat at. The cheap fruit and veggies you get at the store. The lawn you’re too lazy to mow. The sh&@ you dump on the road that gets picked up. The shower you want remodeled for half the price a Lowe’s contractor will charge.

The life we live today especially here in Texas. The lifeblood of our affordable middle to upper middle class lifestyle is on the backs of those so-called criminals and their children being able to seek asylum, overstay their visa, or cross illegally.

I’m perfectly okay with holding up the rule of law and providing border patrol and ice the resources they need to keep the border secure and lawful, but I am not okay with treating it as if this is some sort of infiltration of organized murders and rapists that are a threat to our way of life and “muh culture”. This is a self inflicted humanitarian crisis and it’s not based on the law. Stop using the law as a crutch here. It’s policy as said verbally from Sessions, Kelley, and Stephen (hobgoblin) Miller. They admitted they changed POLICY.

Motherf$&@er.... these immigrants you are rooting to be tortured, torn from their parents/kids, they ARE your culture you entitled racist POS.

leroy, peleincubus, Amiga and 3 others like this.
  2. dobro1229

Just FYI, the average USD price to build a new home in Sweden (a country that looks like the one you guys want this one to look like) is 625K.

The "Muh Culture" you guys love so much is available because of these immigrants. How in the world do you think David Weekly and DR Horton are able to build and sell good sized homes here in the US for less that 250K?

Take the emotional & the moral issues off the table, and just talk about the economics of "Muh Culture".... You guys are self defeating idiots if you really are that desperate to get rid of brown people coming into the country, that you'd sink to this level of crimes against humanity. You are only hurting your own pocket book in the end. (at least you might lose some weight though not being able to afford going out to eat though)

Hope you are ready for Trumps America where it now will cost half a million dollars to build a home in Texas because you'll have to pay folks that look more than you and me the money we'd need to help build that home.

Sounds great! MAGA!!

FranchiseBlade and peleincubus like this.
  3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

This is sadism masquerading as security/justice.

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Where is the outrage when American parents go to jail and are separated from their children?

5. dobro1229

Please tell me about this time when a bunch of American parents were arrested for a misdemeanor and 2000+ children were put in cages.

Your right though.... I remember the time when I got arrested for a DWI and I got sent away for months, and instead of sending my 3 year old to her mom, grandparents, or a foster home they put her in a cage and only allowed her to see the light of day two hours a day.

Totally remember that. Sorry I was wrong and you were right. Law and order. MAGA!!!

B-Bob and DonnyMost like this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You mean when they commit violent crimes or harm other individuals' property because in most other cases people receive a fine or community service and aren't seperated with their children.

Your problem is you equate a desire to escape a horrible living situation equivalent to a violent felony thus in your mind, it's okay to remove children in either instance .

In other words you lack empathy .

#46 fchowd0311, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    Anticope, DonnyMost and dobro1229 like this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Going out to eat?? How many restaurant kitchens have you been into? There would be NO ONE to cook the food.

B-Bob likes this.
  8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Like I mentioned before, i think they are endangering the welfare of their children which is a felony. They are catching break by only getting a misdemeanor.

If the laws were different and they weren't breaking them, then by all means allow them to do what they need to do. I didn't make the laws. I have thought about living in another country before but my first action wouldn't be breaking their laws upon arrival.

If you think immigrants deserve special treatment compared to legal residents, I dont have a problem with it. We just have varying opinions. I won't attack you personally on an online message board for having a different opinion. I am pretty tolerant.

9. dobro1229

I worked for years in high school and college at restaurants and the answer is 100% no one at all. Restaurants are not cheap to run, and have razor thin margins.

The cost of produce alone is likely to close down many restaurants over the next couple years. Ever restaurant here in Houston is getting their cheap produce for the price they need because of Hispanic immigrants here in TX or shipping up from Mexico at ultra cheap prices.

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It would be there if the children actually were separated from their families. They aren't almost all of the time.

If an American parent goes to jail, their children aren't locked up in cages. They also usually aren't even separated from their family. They will live with the other parent, or grandparents, or aunts, or uncles, or adult siblings. They are also allowed to visit their parents. It isn't a comparable situation at all.

dobro1229 and DonnyMost like this.
  11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Families seeking asylum are endangering themselves? Remaining in the situation they are in would also be child endangerment, no?

There has to be a more humane way of treating asylum seekers. The message here seems to be “let’s treat these people like ****, inflict as much punishment on them that we can get away with, and deter anyone else from trying to seek asylum here.” This from an administration claiming to Make America Great Again.

Amiga likes this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

So you believe we should charge Sessions, Miller, and/or Trump with the Felony of endangering the welfare of children? They are the ones doing this to them not the parents.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's not about deserving special treatment. It's about understanding the predicament many of these families are in which doesn't deserve having their children ripped from them.

Just like how I don't think a pot smokers deserves a prison sentence, I don't think a parent who thinks their sitiuation in their "shithole" country is so bad that it's impossible to raise a child in who wants to take the risk of going to a modern first world country deserves to have their child ripped from them .

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Being separated and having your children caged for some period of times vs. violent at home.... what do you think they would do?

Operation streamline didn't work to deter. This probably wouldn't either.

If you really want to deter, you got to step it up to another level. As I said, allow this and the next step is far worse.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Laws should be followed in a lawful state, but there are time you said fk the laws.

But first, the laws didn't said children of asylum seekers need to be separated at the border. Zero tolerance is a policy choice by this Admin.

But if the laws do said that, do you blindly allow it? The nazi used the Nuremberg Laws to pursuit their goals. Those that said its the laws and ignore the human right violations...

What is going on is punishment inflicted on the children in an attempt to achieve the goal of deterrence (and of anti-immigration in general).

16. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Stripping naturalized citizens of citizenship. A double play on two their main plays racism and voter suppression. Well they aren't totally anti-immigrant as after all Trump made it clear he wants more Norwegian immigrants.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

When i respond to these threads im trying to look at both sides.

All im saying is Trump promised his supporters to be tougher on illegal immigration. Kids and parents staying together out of sympathy while crossing illegally in the eyes of Trump supporters is a loophole that allows illegal immigration. To them all emotions aside, this is closing a loophole.

For Trump opposition, the best response is closing the loophole.

We know what Republicans think about DACA and to them allowing the families to stay together is another DACA

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Then those supporters who support the chance are unreasonable.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Thats fine but they have sayso just like you and they can't be avoided.

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Sure they do. I've never suggested otherwise.