1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Prior's Elbow Woes

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by MadMax, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

:D :D

PS. I happen to hate or rather dislike the Cards more these days. Even with Prior and Woody, the Cubs ain't going nowhere. Now let me go to my voodoo room and cast a spell on the Cards.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

ya know...i've ALWAYS hated the Cards. even before we got put together with them in the Central.

but at least i respect them. i don't like them...but they're good. and when they lose, they say so. they win, they do it with class.

i have zero respect for the cubs.

3. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Shocked, completely SHOCKED I TELL YOU, that Prior and Wood are injured.

I'm going to blame some random petting zoo animal, because it surely can't be related to their manager pitching them into the ground.

4. MadMax

i was surprised to hear michael barrett and nomar blame drayton for prior's problems. :confused:

5. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

That is exactly how I feel.

I don't like the Cards, but I respect their organization.

Cubs deserve no respect -- come on, they're the "Lovable Losers"

They have a history of sucking, which they celebrate.

6. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

this is all fun and games to y'all, but i've got a friggin' fantasy team to think about. randy and prior are supposed to be my two keepers. i put up with a completely crap year from randy following four consecutive cy youngs 2 years ago then prior gets injured for almost the exact same length of time last year and similarly disappoints though randy rebounded in huge fashion (though with a lot of L's). now i'm poised to have them both tear up the league and this happens again.

yeah is there any chance someone could incapacitate this b*stard. i've gotta hold my breath every time prior takes the mound and hope he doesn't throw up some huge pitch count number in the 130's or something. TAKE THEM OUTTA THE DAMN GAME YOU F'ING MORON! lets see, every time young pitchers pitch too much, they get hurt. you pitch your young pitchers too much and they get hurt. how about you put 2 and 2 together and stop doing it.

this is great for the 'stros but i'd just as soon get through one damn year in any of my sports leagues w/o one of my top 2 picks having a debilitating injury (kurt warner from 3 years ago and rich gannon from two years ago i'm looking at you). i don't really have a must keep hitter so this'll be a tough decision.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I hate the Cards too, but I have respect for their organization.

I don't hate them nearly as much as I do the Cubs. Mabye its because of WGN and the Cubs games on tv. Or it's just the fans who think they own MMP. I don't know. I just don't like them. I and I wish them another season of suckitude.

8. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

By the way, since we're among friends -- here's a good Cubs Hater site: h**p://www.angelfire.com/il2/cubssuck/home.htm

It hasn't been updated recently, but it's still makes me smile. I especially like "Lee Elia's Rant."

9. fya

fya Member

As much as I hate the cubs, prior and wood don't deserve these inujuries. Baker and co. are ruining their franchises. When is Z going under the knife?...............

10. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Wood getting hurt isn't really that surprising - he's been massively over-pitched with violent mechanics probably since grade school, and it didn't stop with the Cubs. Baker didn't help, but the Cubs really haven't done that much to ease the stress Woods puts on his arm either. So him having nagging problems goes straight into the WAFS category.

Prior is surprising. He had textbook mechanics out of college. He pitched with such ease and savoir-faire. If someone told me he was going to have nagging arm injuries a few years ago, I would've told that person they were nuts - no one would be stupid enough to overuse a pitcher to the amount that it would take to injure Prior.

But then Dusty Baker came along. Dusty, who for years has persisted in a dogged attempt to make Livan Hernandez's arm fall off in the middle of the game - and BAM. Prior goes down. Mind-boggling, really. It might be the greatest accomplishment of his career, you know, considering the situation.

Wood had that spectacular rookie season, where he was pitched into shambles, and had to miss nearly two years recovering. The next Cubs hot-shot pitching prospect, they surely would handle better, right? But they didn't. They didn't. It's just amazing.

When people look back, and winder why the Cubs lost for so long, it won't be some sily goat curse, it'll be r****ded decisions like the ones that injured Prior and Wood.

11. MadMax

which is funny...because before he became the cubs skipper, i thought dusty baker was a freaking genius.