1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Preston Tucker called up

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by sealclubber1016, May 7, 2015.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

Baby Beiber-Sorry!

2. vince

vince Member

Here is to hoping to he can regain his bat, to force the Astros hand to be a legit DH option for years to come.

His last ML results were not too good.

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Jeez. Starting reading this thread trying to figure out when Springer got a concussion.

4. nineballnoob

nineballnoob Member

Me too.. Then I said "wait, we don't have Jed anymore" lol

5. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

hmmmm

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/PrestonTucker20">@PrestonTucker20</a> hey, breakfast on me</p>&mdash; Max Stassi (@MaxStassi10) <a href="https://twitter.com/MaxStassi10/status/756350824154931200">July 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

? I dont get it. :confused:

7. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

i cant wait for sports radio tomorrow. I might call in and rant about this as well. #freealexbregman

8. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Bregman congratulated Tucker on getting called up. He had the hash tag #GuyRakes

Preston Tucker responded by saying "See you soon #GuyRakesMoreThanMe"

9. vince

vince Member

Preston Tucker was a machine in the minors, and in the Majors he lost his confidence in making adjustments.

I'm pulling for Preston to succeed. But he got exposed in his last tour of ML experience. Maybe he maintains his confidence this time around.

10. conquistador#11

I like him just not who was I expecting. It's like tracy murray waving at the fans.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

Like Brett Wallace, Preston Tucker doesn't seem to fit in with this team, I think we've outgrown him. But he certainly can fill in at times.

12. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I am rooting for him and he has swung the bat pretty well recently. He hasn't improved his walk rate and he is striking out more than his time last year in AAA but as a DH or possible LF at MMP against RHP I think he will do well this time up. I am disappointed in Bregman not getting the call yet but it will happen. Maybe after the trade deadline now? I am still in disbelief as all signs pointed to him being up especially with the Gattis injury.

Tucker does deserve another chance as well as he is 26. Could also be trade bait for someone needing a LF/DH. Still amazed that Tucker has not been forced to learn 1B in the minors to improve his value either to the Astros or in a trade. I guess they have too many 1B's in AAA but maybe he has been practicing behind the scenes? I think first base is mostly covered now with Valbuena/Gonzales platoon. Still dreaming of a DH that can hit + .800 OPS. If Tucker can't do it then we have Bregman and even Tyler White waiting in the wings.

Poor Tucker is coming back up with little fanfare.

13. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Tucker isn't the call-up we need, but the call-up we deserve. :eek:

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The Astros have three under-performing positions: 1B, LF and DH. The Tucker-Reed move is "trading" 1B (Reed) for a DH (Tucker). The Astros still have two bullets left in their gun: Bregman and Gurriel.

The trade deadline about a week away. I wonder if Luhnow left it a little too late on making this move. Tucker has a week to show he can contribute, too short of time to be fair either way.

This move might be Luhnow tipping his hand that he is prepared to not make a deal for a DH and to roll with the farm into the playoffs.

15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Dammit, Springer getting a concussion scared the crap out of me.

16. conquistador#11

they trollin' errbody.

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Haha, my wife and I are going to the game tomorrow, and Springer is her favorite player. When I told her he got a concussion, she was pissed. I'm guessing her anger will be directed towards me now when I tell her I was a moron and didn't look at the date of the post.

18. PhiSlammaJamma

So Springer went on a date, hit a post, and now has a concussion...

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

If Tucker doesn't go 4-4 with 4 grand slams tonight, he's going to get booed.

20. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

I just finished making my "we want bregman'' sign for tonight.