1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PRC tries to reign in Taiwan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sishir Chang, Mar 8, 2005.

1. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

Sishir, I blame your bias on your different cultural upbring (note, I was careful not to label it as propaganda, which I easily could have). As for world standing, China isn't going to give a damn about it if it means letting Taiwan separate. Don't you doubt the resolve in which the Chinese people possess in taking back the province (and yes, it is just a province).

The CCP made a promise to the Chinese people that they WILL do everything to keep its territory integrity intact. There are people who already are making the CCP squirm after they ceded some territory to Russia, Kazahkstan, etc. Now if they let Taiwan separate, they WILL NOT SURVIVE from the political fallout. That's not necessarily a bad thing as one thinks, but in the lack of a better party, it's disastrous.

If you think killing millions from the Taiwan War (if there should be one) is bad, think of the tens or even hundreds of millions to be killed when the CCP invariably collapse for letting Taiwan separate and some (let's just say) hardliners have their finger "on the button."

And what makes you think the Chinese don't criticize the government on everything from human rights, to the weather to they are not getting paid enough?

And I love how you insinuate that the "pro-China" posters get out of hand when in fact it's the "anti-China" posters such as Deckard, Cohen and Sam that accused others of being racist b*stard human-rights abusers when they don't bother reading other people's posts... and (more conveniently) as soon as they run out of wiggle room from their lack of argument, all the while trying to justify putting Native Americans on tiny reserves and boasting of "white men's burden."

#181 MFW2310, Mar 24, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

This thread have really gone to the dogs. We can disagree on ideas but there really isn't any need to call names is there?

3. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

Well, isn't that funny. You call somebody a racist, then try to hang racist remarks in which THEY DIDN'T USE on them, while expecting them to sit there and take it up the ass. Then you claim that they are out of control. Oh boy, you really got me there didn't you?

As for not calling you a moron before, well no problem, I'm calling you one now. You did a good job proving it.

4. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

I think it's fair to lock this one up.

5. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

kpsta;

Saddly I think I have to agree.