1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Spurs 101, Rockets 95

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 11, 2012.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He took one shot, he was not called upon to shoot....

DD

2. rocketsmetalspd

He should take upon himself to impose himself on the game. If he wants to show his worth and I believe he has the game to do so but more often then not his playing passive.

3. DaDakota

He is not that kind of player, you have to call plays if you want him to do that...

DD

4. xAliceInChains

You know this isn't streetball, they actually have plays to run

5. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

If we can keep this win% going we should be doing alright in the lottery.

6. rocketsmetalspd

No kidding but all I am saying that as a player that he has been in the past he should know that him coming off the bench was in order for him to bring some O to the second unit according, that is according to McHale's reason for starting Parsons instead of Bud.

7. DaDakota

Maybe McHale should put in an offense then eh?

DD

8. Dei

Dei Member

Alright, we lost!!! PING-PONG!!!!!

9. juanm34

juanm34 Member

About the same amount Tony Parker does.

10. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

11. nemac

nemac Member

Interesting...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LLWjQ7nZTkI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How about Lowry, Dragic (Lee), Parsons, Patterson, Dalembert?

12. Ditty

Ditty Member

GG Rockets, have a good little team full of role players, but like I told a Rockets fan after the game, that if yall could get a superstar yall would defintley be a top 5 team in the conference. I still think the Rockets would sneak into the playoffs.

My Spurs played okay, not impressed, was a back to back with no Manu, but Leonard, and Splitter are looking damn good especially defensively on Martin, and Scola. Hope they can keep it up when Manu comes back. Spurs still need a defensive PF who can knock down some mid range jumpers(Kenyon Martin when he comes back from China :grin:), and maybe an insurance center(Pryzbilla) to compete in the West.

Will be making the trip with a couple of buddies of mine to Houston next Saturday for the game. Had a blast last time with all the Spurs fans there, hope for another good game like tonight.

1 person likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Interesting to hear from you. Do you really think Spurs can win it out? I mean the mean competed well at home but they lose to teams like the Bucks on the road in first place. TD has been playing better lately but he still won't give you 20 ppg.
    So long.

14. HombreDeHierro

Kevin Martin is a negative value player when he isn't getting calls or hitting his stupid fadeaway layups

15. dartherus

dartherus Member

Agree.

16. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Sadly, you'd best get used to watching the Rockets; they're basically what the Spurs are going to be in about 2 years or so. Duncan's beginning to follow the same career path as Dream in the late 90s and is due for a fat, cap-killing extension, Ginobili is going on 35, and you're going to be left with a bunch of good role players (Blair/Splitter/Leonard/Anderson), one all-star PG (Parker), and I'm sure your front office will continue to get some decent guys in the mid-late 1st round to keep the team out of the lottery.

Having watched Kawhi Leonard, I'm more than a little concerned about his jumper; I think he's got a very noticeable hitch in it, even in the 15-18 foot range. Every time he put it up, I counted it as a defensive stop, which is something I haven't though about a Spurs wing player in a long time; their rotations and spot-ups are so textbook perfect most of the time.

I know he's a gym rat, and he does some freakish things on defense, and he'll probably figure it out soon, but likely not in time for what is definitely shaping up to be the Spurs last chance at the one for the thumb in the Duncan Era.

17. houseofglass21

All the people saying Hill was playing good. Hill was the reason the game went to OT with his boneheaded plays late in the 4th. Dalembert should have been put back in there much earlier. Dalembert had our best play of OT with that slam.

Really Lowry and K-Mart are to blame for the loss with their stupid driving the lane and throwing up wild shots and expecting a foul call.

18. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I believe the team is a little fracture when I saw Budinger pass to Jordan Hill outside FT area in the final seconds of the quarter, really?!?!? Martin was standing next to him. I'm going to say this till I'm red to blue, if Lowry is our team's leading scorer for the game, we lose most of the time. He really needs to look for his teammates, if this continues the team will become even more fracture. In the end, the Spurs wanted this more because they lost the first matchup and if Duncan plays a lot it means business.

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I think we're overtaxing Scola because he is our only post threat. Last year, he had Chuck to keep the defense honest (Chuck developed some nifty moves in the paint). This year only Luis is the inside threat. Thus the defense is loading on him and he's reduced to shooting jumpers in the endgame.

PPat doesn't play with his back to the basket either.

20. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

So you are blaming a guy who only played 13 min and took 1 shot... great!:eek: