1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 114, Wizards 106

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2012.

Tags:
  1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Patterson does seem a bit more passive since coming back from the injury, but then again his jumpshot was terrible when he first came back and now it's back to where it was.

Patterson at this moment is still the best young PF amongst all other. It's only a matter of time for Patterson.

2. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

:) Next post!
    Yep... I do expect see he improve his aggressiveness in the mid season, but those little thing are making a clear difference between him and J-Hill... :grin:

3. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

I'm out of my mind =__=...

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Yeah, that's the way I felt last year. He has regressed this season. Don't know if the injury is still bothering him or what.

There is one key ingredient missing from Patterson's game that is likely going to keep him from being a star player. That is...a dominant personality. He's as quiet as a mouse and does not assert himself at all. I don't see LEADERSHIP in him. I see a very good follower, but not a LEADER. And the thing is, if he did have a more dominant personality, he's got the physical tools to become a dominant player.

Doggone it, Pat, come out of your shell, and dominate with your mouth and your play!

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Agreed. He looks coachable, hardworking, collected, but he lacks that one fiery element in his game that really pushes his game through.

I mean Patterson is a big guy, he is not the tallest PF but he is Chuck Hayes-est in size. I've seen him set powerful picks that knock players over. Now he just need to be more imposing and intimidating on the court. He can do that.

6. payaso

payaso Member

I'm waiting for the GIF of Parson's 360-degree teabag of McGee on his tip jam. That has the markings of instant classic meme.

7. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Who was the fine female in Section 101 row C with the guy wearing the Rockets t-shirt? :)

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Patterson has gone to the line zero times while playing a total of 204 minutes this season. This must be some kind of record for a big man.

I really hope he can become more aggressive on offense and take his game to the next level. I loved what I saw from him last season, but I was never convinced that he was ready to take Scola’s job like so many other posters were.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah I'm really disappointed with the bench. If somebody told me before the season started that 12 games in the Rox would field a bench of C-bud, PP, Dragic, Hill I would have said we wold have the best bench in the L. Instead, we have crap.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

^Our best bench player in Lee is injured.

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Man, I wish we would have destroyed the Wiz some more. McGee with that self alley-oop was pathetic.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeah, yeah, yeah, same story as last year. Bench sucks, bench struggling.

[rquoter]You mentioned the bench, it was mentioned as a strength before.

Yeah, we thought it was a strength but right now, not getting good enough play to call it a strength.[/rquoter]

[rquoter]Disappointment has come with..we needed and there is still time but we needed one of our young players to do an Aaron Brooks. Aaron took a big step forward last year. We needed one player to do that - either Chase or Jordan or Patrick or Courtney Lee or Terrence if/when he gets a shot - we need another player to step up like that. Again, there is still time but to this point, that has been the disappointment that we havent had the big step forward from one of our young players.[/rquoter]

14. gah

gah Member

Patterson does need to get fired up. He hasn't had one game this season where he'd prompt you to want him to start, and from what he's shown so far he has me wondering where did his upside go, this year he has looked like a finished product, and a back-up at that. Seeing these last few comments about him reminded me of one of the most infamous posts of the last season:
    Patrick Patterson is a backseat type of player.*

* I do not endorse the quoted statement but I'm starting to feel uneasy, I am going to watch footage from last year to remind myself how hyped I was about him.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Patterson still looks tentative and less bouncy than he was last season. I don't remember any high-flying dunks yet this year. His D is still solid and his jump shot seems to be back. Hope the rest of his game returns soon.

On the other hand, even when he was playing better last season, the one thing he didn't do well was scoring from post-ups. It may well be that he's just not going to be a back-to-the-basket player and is instead just a good athletic defender with a jump shot and the ability to finish garbage baskets around the rim (like a young Kurt Thomas or Kenyon Martin).

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is too early. I sensed too that he is struggling a bit.

17. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

#14 we coming!

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Was correct with my "Wall will go nuts" prediction, they won though.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

edit.