1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 114, Wizards 106

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2012.

Tags:
  1. sfayner

sfayner Member

speaking of Scola bashing: good offensive game, as usual. But blocking out, rebounding, and defense were very bad. He kept letting them get rebounding position on him, time after time. Wizards had a ton of offensive rebounds thanks to him.

2. bro2044

bro2044 Member

it kindve bums me out that his rebounding has taken a hit. The last couple of seasons he would have so many 15-15 games that it kind've overcame some of his defensive shortcomings in our eyes. I love the guy, but yeh he's not rebounding as well, so his problems with defense and position are becoming THAT much more obvious. thats okay, Dalembert came alive, and Lowry woke up some, and Kmart/Parsons/Scola all played pretty well throughout! Man I wish our bench was better. Once Lee is back it'll help, but so many of us thought Hill and Bud would be better... and geez they're not. Ppat is coming back, but still not doing what he was last year yet.

Dragic is just confusing.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes, the +/- for Lowry vs. Dragic is in stark contrast. Am actually kind of disappointed with Dragic, he looked so promising at the end of last season.

4. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Great to see Martin scring from the FT line 2 games in a a row. I hope he conitnues to improve, cause he is still not the same K-Mart.

My man Dalembert. We still need a legit backup center behind him if we want to be competitive.

The bench sucks. Dragic and Pat have been below average but I expect them to pick up. I would like to see us acquire a starting caliber SF so Parsons can come off the bench. With the additon of a back up for Sammy we can have a pretty solid bench.

Dragic, Lee, Parsons, Pat, Legit backup C. Parsons and a solid back up for SammyD would give the bench a new and much improved look.

5. cod

cod Member

It's Scola bashing alright. He's been playing well on defense in the last two games.

Pat has been the one who's had it bad on defense in the same two games.

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

The second unit is now playing Bud and Martin together for extended minutes. They don't mesh. And they will continue to get slaughtered out there. The unit doesn't mesh. You have all guys that look for shot first, combined with 2/3 of the perimeter D being horrible and Hill being terrible at the 5. It is time for TWill to get minutes off the bench.

7. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Free Lin!

Oh wait...

8. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

It is strange -- both this season and last, when he gets a chance to start he plays like a legitimate starter, but when he comes off the bench he plays like McHale accidentally sent in one of the ball boys.

1 person likes this.
  9. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I don't know about that (the TWill getting minutes thing) i agree Martin and Chase should not play together, but, with Lee coming back, I don't think it will be a big issue in the future. Parsons playing alongside Martin and Lee playing alongside Chase seems like a solid rotation and set of pairings.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Maybe because the starters are better players?

DD

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

For the season, the Rockets are +8.2 per 48 minutes with Lowry on the floor. They are -15.9 per 48 minutes with Dragic on the floor. In fact, in 13 games, the Rockets have outscored the opposing team only once with Dragic on the floor. Its not just a Dragic problem, though. There bench as a whole just not getting it done. Patterson hasn't come close to meeting expectations, Hill has been terrible for the most part, and Courtney Lee has been missing.

12. bbllr3431

bbllr3431 Member

It's not just the fact that there better, but if you watch Dragic he's not getting his team involved. Lowry makes a conscious effort to distribute to get everyone touches and make them feel a part of the team. Tragic ruins the chemistry by jacking up shots, driving into the lane, and throwing the gameplan to the trash heap. If he makes a concerted effort to run the offense I think the backups will look a lot better.

Hill really disappointed me also. In the scrimmages in preseason he looked so fast on defensive rotations. But he's not moving his feet and cutting down the lanes at all. I love Tragic and Hill but there just not living up to their potential

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, this is true, Dragic is more of a looking for his own shot guy, and while Kyle is trending that way, he is still more of an assist first guy.

DD

14. bbllr3431

bbllr3431 Member

Ill give you that. Ive been a supporter of Kyle from day one but there are moments he takes a WTF shot in game but all in all he tries to get everyone touches at the very least. I've noticed when Daly, Hill and Bud get touches they get a lot more into the game. But when they're not getting touches and kyle and luis run that high pnr 2 man game they seem out of it. Am I the only one who sees that or am I just imagining it?

15. Spooner

Spooner Member

Dragic is shooting 458% from the field so far, while only turning the ball over around once per game. That is GREAT for your backup point guard. He is also playing pretty good defense, and his 3 point shot is falling at a decent rate. If anything, I think the +/- is more indicative of how the rest of the bench has performed with Goran.

16. bbllr3431

bbllr3431 Member

Kyle's taken 3 shot attempts more this year than last. However his percentage is up to 44% and he's playing 3 more minutes a game. So I think its warranted for him to take more shots DD.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Most teams will go to a 2-man game based on pick and rolls in the fourth quarter. The Rockets did it with Adelman as well. I guess its about giving more control to your best playmaker and preventing other players from screwing up or, you know, breaking the play by not being in the right spot.

18. cod

cod Member

Dragic would have more assists if Hill could finish.

19. supdudes

supdudes Member

Man just watching WAS and NJN stink it up...

Maybe YI will blossom in DAL :cool:

20. nadman89

nadman89 Member

All of u speaking of a backup center , why dont we ask morey why didnt he try to acquire Marreese Speights! for a 2nd round pick!!