1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 114, Wizards 106

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2012.

Tags:
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Win over the one-win Wizards. Cool...I guess.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

ahh, i forgot it was an early start on MLK....are the games still being uploaded this season?

3. cujo

cujo Member

Not the most exciting and significant win, but it's a must win against a team they are supposed to beat. Be happy.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

while Parson's outside shot isn't there he is contributing in other ways. I especially liked his follow dunk right after the Wizard pulled the dunk contest pass off the backboard dunk... Parsons swooped in with a response.

Dalembert, Martin, Scola all looked good. And Lowry was good at getting folks involved along with his late dagger three. But keep in mind these are the Wizards, a wretched team. Wall sure is fun to watch though.

5. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

We need more players named Sam.

Samuel Dalembert is a real plus. Sam Cassell was a fan favorite and vital contributor to the championship years. Sam Mack's Rocket career was short but very sweet. We even had another "Sam" at center -- Ralph Sampson.

6. bro2044

bro2044 Member

im surprised that people watching the games don't see Martin just giving up on plays. I don't dislike the guy, I think he's a great scorer and fun to watch when he's on - but he's not a hustler, so its tough watching a bulldog lilke Lowry out there, and then see Martin having the ball knocked out of his hands and he BACKS OFF from the guy and it gets stolen. I think in his mind he literally thinks that there's nothing he can do now and he lets a play go, but the reason he isn't an All-Star is because he has this slight "give-up" button that better players don't have.

and I like him! He did play well today, I just wish he had that little bit more to give in those split seconds when he could make a difference.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Geez... 25/8 with 3 steals and showing increased effort on D and idiots still whine about him.

8. bro2044

bro2044 Member

yeh, he seems to time those really well. He's already had like 5-6 follow-up dunks this season at least. He defends well and isnt afraid to push and do something when it really counts. He could work on his shot, but I really like him on the court.

9. jfidd11

jfidd11 Member

Mchale's 2nd unit is horrid!!!
    3 games in a row a double digit lead is squandered by the 2nd unit. Dragic's +/- has been negative in the last 5 games. -19 today

i like tragic but the lineup we put in, PPat Hill Bud Dragic and Martin is not working, at all

10. risemeyer

risemeyer Member

I was hoping that we would get a big enough cushion to rest our starters and put our bench in so we would be rested for the DET game tomorrow. Bud had a decent game, almost the same numbers as Parsons, (minus the assits)

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

A win's a win. Have to show up and take care of business against the teams you're supposed to beat, and we did that.

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

When you combine bad defense with wildly inconsistent offense, it is typically a recipe for disaster when he is on the court on both sides.

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Good game, watched on League Pass, so I got the Wizard's commentators. It was kinda weird. They kept comparing Dragic to Steve Nash, lol. And they compared Kevin Martin to Reggie Miller(?), lol.

Good win by the Rockets, nice to beat the teams we're supposed to beat. Dalembert played great, hopefully he gets more consistant.

14. bro2044

bro2044 Member

wow...idiots? That seems a little uncalled for. I siad he didnt play a "great" game. Sorry if my slight to him was that he didn't play a GREAT game.

He shot a little under 50%, missed almost all of his 3s, had 4 turnovers, and just unnecessarily gave up on at least 3 plays.

He did get 8 assists, that was pretty awesome. He rebounded pretty well and did get a few good plays towards the end.

So yeh, might be careful with the name-calling. "Great" game...? Its subjective, but no idiot responding here.

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

A win is a win is a win. When you play a dog team that's down and out, you kick it and kick it hard.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

His overall efficiency was fantastic because he was getting to the line and knocking down his FTs. The FG% argument is stupid because of this. Every player "gives up" occasionally, even Lowry. Martin showed good effort all game and besides his three steals he had other disruptions on defense as well where he knocked the ball out of bounds or caused problems for Washington with his quick hands. That's what we need to see more from him on the defensive end and I was happy to see it and I'm happy to call it a great game from him.

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

And yeah I'm tired enough of Martin bashers to call them 'idiots'. Everyone needs to stomp down on this scapegoating of our best players hard before it gets out of control. We get it, we don't have a superstar, that doesn't mean it's okay to hate on our best roleplayers.

1 person likes this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

A win is a win, but man are the Wizards fast.

DD

19. bro2044

bro2044 Member

then be happy.

call it a great game.

I dont care, I have my opinion and shared it. Just dont take it a step further by ridiculing someone else who brought up points in their defense. I didn't say his FG% was bad. I just said it wasnt "great." Right under 50% is good, not great. and what sucks is originally I wasnt trying to "get onto" KMart, but a couple posters took my post to mean more than it did (not GREAT, but good game) and suddenly you have people trying to stir up sht. I watched the entire game and saw good moments and terrible moments. His stats are nice and padded, but I think he could be a great player and play great games if he didnt give up on plays that ARENT OVER.

I dont care that tons of NBA players give up on plays - wtf does that matter? I don't like when they do it either, but Martin does it much more consistently than a player like Lowry. and I'm not talking about being 15ft away on a fastbreak and the opposing player is going in for a dunk - I'm talking about a guy who is RIGHT there and after a split second decides to stop and do nothing because he has decided in his mind that for THAT play he's been beaten - whereas a player with competitiveness and effort in their mentality would make the stab to try to make a difference.

I'm glad he is on our team and can be a difference maker. I'm glad he had a good game. I was really happy with his production last season and hope he improves on this seasons start.

20. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I am not a Martin basher. at all. I'm tired of people saying Scola sucks, but I dont bash them and thats someone bashing him. I didnt do that...

if you use your brain before your mouth starts working then maybe you'd come to these conclusions before posting.