1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the second half of the Lakers-Nuggets Game 5 -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 103, Kings 89

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Rokman

Rokman Member

Does anyone know when Courtney Lee is due back?

2. houseofglass21

Dalembert was beasting tonight

3. sfayner

sfayner Member

Monday

4. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Our bench is a huge issue. I like that McHale keeps Lowry or Martin on the floor at all times. This is essential with Lee out and I've been preaching it since he went down. However, Martin cannot be on the floor at the same time as Bud (especially not the both of them with Hill). If you are going to play Bud you have to flank him with good wing defenders so he can guard the least effective player. His D, mainly his effort, is absolutely embarrassing.

Once Lee is back this won't be a problem. I'd like to bring up Morris, too and role with --

Lowry/Dragic
    Martin/Lee
    Parson/Morris
    Scola/Patterson
    Dalembert/Patterson

As our rotation. This will get it done.

5. Rokman

Rokman Member

I am in complete agreement on this statement and posted the same thing earlier on the "When is Bud going to be 3rd String. . ". It's time to cut the fat and allow the real talent and smart, hustle players to get on the floor and set the tone for this team. Right now we have a losers tone and the guys who are causing it are all of the 09ers!

Hill, Bud, Thabeet, Williams and Flynn (5 PLAYERS!!!) are just 3rd rate talent. Sad to say. How do you screw up that bad in decision making??? Though those acquisitions seemed like genius/upside moves by Morey when he made them I think we realize that each of those acquisitions ended up being for inconsistent, undeveloped and unmotivated players.

I think the rotation above is the meat and potatos of this team and are the only players that are going to consistently (more or less. . . Cough!Cough!DALEMBERT-MARTIN Cough!) show positive results on the court.

6. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

Our bench scored a total of 12pts for the night. thank goodness for the efficiency of our starters

7. bro2044

bro2044 Member

sorry to ask guys, I'm sure its right under my nose and I'm not seeing it, but where is a good link to download/view tonights game?

dont say League Pass, lol, not buying it this year. Usually I see a "Link Here" on the Game Thread, but since thats disabled for post-game I wasn't sure where to look tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks. Looks like it was a good win.

8. bro2044

bro2044 Member

and of course 2min later I search for torrents and find the game easily. delete. ha.

9. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Courtney who? I mean, it's not like he's going to make a difference. Will he?

10. bro2044

bro2044 Member

pretty good player on both ends of the court, why not?

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He's only our best bench player.

12. Spankie

Spankie Member

Lol, McHale said this about Dalembert: “Sammy was really lively tonight, not just on the fact that he was 9 for 11 and he had16 rebounds, he was bouncy. I mean, he was just blocking shots and moving around. He just had great energy tonight. It was just fantastic. That was just kind of the Sammy we've been hoping to see.”

:L

13. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

Why can't the Rockets be Bouncy every game :confused:

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Can someone upload that super long last second 3 by Lowry in the 4th?

15. houseofglass21

+100000000

These are the only players on the Rockets that deserve any playing time. Bud and Hill are benchwarmers and Flynn and Thabeet are nonentities. Jury is still out on T-Will.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

It's still weird that our second round small forward is a starter while our lottery small forward is in the D-League. I guess Morris has the bigger ceiling and a lower floor, but it's weird.

17. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Yes I hear you. Although in the past I've never seen Mr. Lee make any impact for Rockets wins. :)

18. cod

cod Member

Too many haters.

Luis had 4 block attempts. I'd guess if he were confident to go for those that says a lot about the Kings in that game.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bouncey Whales? :confused:

20. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Bouncy just screwed himself if he's not careful.

Now that WE KNOW what he can do, he'll have to bring it like that all the time or get hammered here on the board. The game was easier for everybody with him beasting.

Btw, am I losing my memory or does Lowry seem a bit more rambunctious this year?

Also, there was one play after the half that was a thing of beauty. The ball movement looked almost musical…smooth, as if directed by something else.