1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible Trades for a help at the PF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by stevel, Dec 6, 2004.

1. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

Weatherspoon for Kenny Thomas?

KT is over paid, but he is a decent rebounder with some shooting range. Spoon's contract comes off the books after next season. I would happily take KT right now personally, as he is better than what we have. I can't see how we are going to get a good big man unless we take a garbage contract in the deal.

We could also try to see how desparate the Knicks are to get rid on Norris's contract. Maybe Sweetney and Norris for Howard and Nachbar, or the the TE and Nachbar? Throw in a future first to facilitate a deal?

In fact if possible I would pull both trades above, and try to fleece Seattle as in another post: Radman and James for MoT.

Yao/Deke
    Sweetney/KT/Radman
    Radman/JJ?Bowen
    T-Mac/JJ
    Sura/Barret/Norris

You might be able to package Lue and Bowen for

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

te knicks aren't giving sweetney up for anything right now. and i don't want kenny's "i should be a go to guy" attitude back.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Juwan Howard for Jerome Williams.

4. stevel

Actually, KT doesn't have an I should be a goto guy attitude. I have worked with him before. He does think he should start though, and on our current team he would. He can shoot with some range, and he is a better defender/rebounder then any of our current 4s.

Much of what I have read regarding the Knicks, is they don't want to trade Sweetney, but they desparately want to get rid on Mooch. KThomas is playing the bulk of the minutes up there anyway. Hell, at this point I would trade Howard or Boki for Williams or Marshall.

5. stevel

In a New York minute!

6. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Perhaps we need to look at the unthinkable ... move Yao Ming to PF and play Mutombo at center. Yao would be slow for a PF but he has the range, shot, rebounding and shotblocking we need from a PF. Deke, on the other hand, can rotate faster from a defensive standpoint to cover Ming's mistakes. The question is -- will Deke's legs hold up for the season?

#6 thumbs, Dec 6, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2004
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Can we get Glen Robinson from the Sixers, they are not using him any longer.......

DD

8. stevel

While I'd love his shooting, he seems to be a bit of a problem everywhere he goes.

9. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd take the Mooch back if we also got Kurt Thomas. They can have any of our trade "assets". Zeke - Let's make a deal! We could pull those Moochie billboards out of mothballs. He can do the bus advert with J Hawk again, but this time with new "pal" scowling Kurt. Perfect.

10. stevel

Yao would foul out before half time trying to cover 4s. He already has a hard time guarding quicker 5s.

11. bigben69

bigben69 Member

weatherspoon for Garnett

12. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

We get ripped in that deal. :D

13. stevel

I forgot to include I would only take Mooch back if he gorws the 'fro. He played pretty well when he had the fro, then he got the big contract and shave his head - he has sucked ever since. He must be like a B-ball version on Samson.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

can he wear the inflatable clutch bear uniform?

Rocket River

15. stevel

Antoher trade that might help use getting a 4:

Lue/Howard/Gaines for Croshere

I know the Rocks tried to sign him as a FA, and, again, he is far better than what we have. He is averaging alomost 8 boards a game and he has good shooting range. Indy may do this because they need players until everyone gets back.

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

a little reminder for ya...

Mooch didnt shave his head till he got traded(iirc)...an d he was sucking it up for quite a long time before that.

sorry....we got rid of him, dont want him back.

oh yea....and the rumored Seattle trade is a bunch of hooie from a home made site....I cant believe you would believe for a second anything that comes out of a site that looks like a 13yr old made it.

17. stevel

I'd take him back in a heart beat so long as he brings a rebounding PF or 2 with him. Mooch DID shave his head while here. It may have been after the deal he got, but he did do it here.

As far as the Seattle deal, I just threw that in as a sweat deal if it happened. I have never been to that site. I only look at a few website, and all have credible info. I am just frustrated because I am very unhappy with our current group of players. I think SOME kind of change is in order.

18. fiathland

fiathland Contributing Member

It's no good to trade out Nachbar.He is still young and could be improved.
    By the way, it has been proved to be a bad action to kick out eddie griffin. Take a look at how good he is in Minnesota.

19. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Why would you want another softie?

Nachbar has unsuccessfully tried to get minutes for years now. Don't you think that if he performed, he'd be on the floor?

If a good offer came along for Boki, the Rockets wouls have to consider it.

20. stevel

Wellif Ncahbar doesn't start playing better he won't be here next year anyway,SO if we could package him for a 4 then you have to do it.