1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible Tilman Ferttita Twitter burner account

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ramotadab, Jan 8, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Leslie wouldn’t have a twitter account either
    Cause he was too cheap to get a computer

J.R. likes this.
  2. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

I loved Les for nostalgia purposes. Not afraid to admit it. He donated during Hurricane Harvey to our city. Tilman would ask for donations.

HP3 likes this.
  3. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

And what do you think? are we not understanding him? What's his MO?

If you look at Cuban, his Dallas ars as an owner is similar to his previous ventures. What does @Xerobull think? He maybe playing the long game and we are all fools. Or not. That's the concern

4. TilmanFinancialWindfall

The dude that is CEO and run it back will defend tilman

His wife and son would be other be possible creator of burner ac

Or KD just bored again

5. TilmanFinancialWindfall

He said he will only pay tax if we have a shot

So he's saying we got no shot

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Imo...
    Les was frugal... and wasnt gonna spend stupid money on a middling product... but when given the opportunity, he would spend if we were contenders and had a real shot...
    Tilman is cheap... He hasnt shown me a willingness to spend - even though we're sitting here as true contenders - when we should be looking to improve our odds at every turn... He paid Clint - but really its a reasonable contract... Paid CP3 - but then dished assets to work the overall bottom line...

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Which I understand. I honestly can't defend Tilman, which I refuse to do because I really don't know if he's good or bad within his first few years as an owner.

I truly do feel as though Morey not being able to land that big catch (CP3 and Brodie aside) to land that 3rd big star has impacted the willingness that Tilman has shown to absorb the luxury tax penalties.

I see them looking at it this way: If the difference means netting a Jimmy Butler as opposed to a Marcus Morris, I would say the tipping of the scales would be a lot less drastic with the latter. Which would garner less consideration from our owner to pull the trigger on such hypothetical deals.

Therefore these type of deals, that may have been avoided to acquire serviceable role players probably do make Tilman look cheaper than Les but you also have to account for the time that Les refused to tank to allow Morey to acquire valuable draft picks that would immensely help him reconstruct our roster. Because of him we've always been a shot behind the 8 ball when it came to a full rebuild. Plus the league has caught on, for the most part, to what Morey is attempting to accomplish with each trade negotiation. The extraction of one prime talented player for a package of minimal parts (1st rounders included) is no longer moving the needle as it did for Presti and the Harden deal. Hell that was probably the main reason behind Presti extracting so many 1st rounders/swaps with us in the Brodie/CP3 trade. They were just due.

All in all I feel like it all has come to a head for both Tilman and Morey, there's just no avoiding the fact that the rest of the league will approach any proposals with those two gentlemen with extreme caution.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Who cares
    It would only makes news if he doesn’t contribute

les can burn in hell

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Anyone who likes Les Alexander hates Houston and loves the fact our real championship trophies are in Florida with an old greedy b*stard

J.R. likes this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

Les sold the team for the sake of profit

All the other team owners are OG rich and own their team cause they can

steve Balmer doesn’t need to blackmail the city to make an arena

he can make Les his pet dog for money
    Cause Les loves money more than anything else
    @Reeko

if you like Les you are stupid

11. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

It was a noble gesture from a noble old man.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Name me one owner who didn’t donate to charity or disaster relief for their city?
    None

13. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I believe his thinking is, no team with James Harden (and Westbrook) should go over the tax to win a championship. He would be discounting his staff, players, and coaches.

Do you feel the team isn't enough to win a championship? I think we have more than enough. Why go out and get an additional 20 million player when we have James Harden - arguably the best player this century.

14. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

[​IMG]

15. tinman

Supporting Member

You know Michael Jordan could sell the hornets and get a billion dollars
    But he won’t
    Cause actually wants to be an owner
    And isn’t in it for the money
    He’s already rich

I know some of you are way to dumb to figure this out
    Or understand why the Buss family never sold the Lakers or moved their championship trophies to Florida

@Jontro

Jontro likes this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

He’s the owner
    He’s not some old dude in Florida

how about this ? You stop posting on Clutchfans until Les becomes owner again?
    Deal?
    Cause Les really wants the team back instead of swimming in money
    @J.R.
    @Reeko

17. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Chill

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Stop mentioning Les Alexander now
    And forever

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Les changed the championship jerseys and court to something that looked like it was inspired by a kids show off Nickelodeon or some sh*t

Les turned the HOUSTON Rockets into the Beijing Rockets who just so happen to play in Houston...he was more concerned with pandering to China than identifying with the city of Houston

then to top it off, this dude had the nerve, the audacity, the unmitigated gall to take the championship trophies with him to Florida...an abomination of the highest order

b-b-but Tilman had his face on a mural twice so he’s a POS :rolleyes:

The_Yoyo, J.R. and tinman like this.
  20. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Les Alexander @J.R. @Os Trigonum

J.R. likes this.