1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

possible interesting decision after next year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pooh222, Jan 26, 2001.

Tags:
  1. pooh222

pooh222 Member

Even though this season is not over, it doesn't look too good that the Rockets will make the playoffs. I'm hoping somehow they can, but they've just been to inconsitant, and the West is so strong. Anyway, I was listening to the afternoon show on 610, and Charlie presented an interesting question. What if the Rockets don't make the playoffs this season, then come back next season and fail to make the playoffs again, should the organization think about letting Rudy go. If this unfortunate senario occures, that would be three straight years of not making the playoffs. I'm interested to know what some of ya'll think managment should do in that case. I have a feeling managment would stick with Rudy to the bitter end.

------------------

2. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

I don't think it's going to be even close to being an issue. The Rockets might not make the playoffs this year, but I do expect them to make it next year. If they keep playing the rest of this year like they have been so far, they'll end up at .500. That would be a significant improvement over last years record, & they would have done that with the center position being a total wreck this year & while changing the offensive scheme. Imagine how many of the losses this year would have been victories with just an average center that could rebound & play defense every night. After the Dream matter is settled, the draft, & any trades or FA acquistions this off season, this team should be loaded & ready to conquer the NBA. I really believe that.

Rudy's job is safe here. He bleeds Rocket red & he's proving that he's a GREAT coach. How many coaches are able to totally change their offensive schemes & do it this quickly? Rudy's going to be here for as long as he wants.

------------------