1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pops Mensah-Bonsu to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaronMalakian, Jan 5, 2009.

1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Imagine if we drafted D. Jordan and he was in our minor league system working with our big man coach everyday? Look at bynum working with kareem everyday. Hire moses,gilmore,elvin hayes or even cd and just let him work with the bigs. You would be surprised the quality of player development .

2. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

worthless argument

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dude, you are the one who said that it would drag down the Rocket's organization, not me.

I just pointed out that it would have no financial bearing on the Rockets at all.

Seperate companies, seperate balance sheets, seperate board, seperate everything.

But wholly owned by the Rockets org.....

DD

4. DaDakota

Ding ding ding !!!!

We have a winner !!

Landry would have gone down last year and learned the system, probably been discovered earlier too....

DD

5. Classic

Classic Member

IHSV ;)

6. DaDakota

With Landry out the Rocket's really should take a look at this guy

His play with the Toros has been outstanding, he is so athletic, has a great midrange game, and honestly looks more athletic than Landry.

The Rockets have a roster spot, they need to sign this guy to a 10 day contract right now....

He is MILES better than Joey Dorsey....MILES !!!!

A man among boys in the D-league, he is at least NBA practice court material, and would be the most athletic big on the Rockets.....

SIGN HIM NOW !!!!

25.3ppg
    .614 FG%
    12.5 rpg

DD

7. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

Don't care about NBDL numbers. If Dorsey can be a top inside defender, then he's already better than Pops.

Pops is taller than Landry, but offensively less efficient.

8. DaDakota

I still go to the Toros games, and this guy is amazing, Dorsey came down to the D-league and basically stunk...I am not impressed by him at all....and I doubt he would even be in the league next year if his contract was not guaranteed.

Pops was injured in college, but I am telling you, right now, he looks FREAKISHLY good....

There are a few stand out players that you know can make the leap....Azubuike was one, Pops looks NBA ready NOW.....

The Rockets would be fools to not sign him as an insurance policy for Landry's ankle injury.......especially if there is no trade...this guy is an NBA player, no doubt.

DD

9. DaDakota

10. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I like your aggressive thinking about roster issues. I hate standing pat...

11. DaDakota

We have an open spot, Landry was in a boot leaving the Toyota Center, let's sign him to a 10 day, I mean he is TEARING it up down in Austin.....

He is about 1-2" taller and more athletic than Landry......and just as aggressive...

I like this guy a LOT.

DD

12. giddyup

Won't we soon have a spot if McGrady goes off to rest and recover. Who was the SG you used to like so much?

13. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

NBDL is ... a bad league. I've seen Pops in Europe, and I've seen him this year in ACB league (better than NBDL). In the ACB you have better players.

14. DaDakota

We have a spot NOW...we only have 14 guys on the roster.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SU_QLc7fUMg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SU_QLc7fUMg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ezra Williams but he is not quick enough laterally, but his jumper is MONEY...he is a great 3 pt shooter.....but I think he is end of the bench material at best, and Wafer is better.

DD

15. DaDakota

It is a developmental league....it can be good for a player to go get his confidence, but if you can't dominate there, you are probably not that great of a player.

Dorsey was average there, leading me to believe that his NBA career is probably looking dicey at best.

Pops is an NBA player in the NBDL, he should be on a roster now...preferably ours.

DD

16. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

Hey DD, When you gonna do another broadcast from your house, today and tomorrow would be a good time. Alot of people here enjoy it!

17. DaDakota

I am planning one today but with only one game to talk about and the Tmac situation up in the air, I am not sure......probably today though......but if I talk about Tmac, it could get ugly.

;)

DD

18. giddyup

Didn't mean to replace Wafer... meant to backup Wafer with McGrady now seemingly out of the picture for awhile.

Or are you satisfied with Head?

19. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

Don't even give TMAC any love just talk strictly deadline deals.

I really think that time is ticking the less likely there will be a big deal and if it comes down to the deadline i think we make a move for miller as a last resort. Either way i think artest will be gone. I could just see us trying to make a deal for carter and it stalling at the last minute and we get miller as a last resort thing

Artest and Head + cash
    FOR
    Miller and a pick

20. DaDakota

I think we are covered at the wing position with Artest, Battier, Wafer and Barry......enough so that we can simply sit Tmac....

It is why I wanted to trade Artest, we are overloaded with quality at the wing position.

The team could use a lot of things from a new PG, to a more creative attacking wing, to a front court player with athleticism.

Pops provides the latter in a big way and for basically NO risk....sign him to a 10 day contract now before the rest of the teams do after the deadline.

DD