1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pops Mensah-Bonsu to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaronMalakian, Jan 5, 2009.

1. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

smaller as in i dont think he can bang with the PF's in the paint. this guy seems like another athlete who relied on his athlecisim instead of refining his skills.

2. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Clear out Landry for this no name?

No thanks.

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Thanks for the clarification worzel. That's what I thought but I wasn't positive.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is tall and athletic. Can he rebound,box out or block shots? We do need height,speed and athleticism but if he can only run and dunk then it's not going to be enough. If he has a shoulder injury or is coming off from one,then he is not needed at all.

5. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Post of the year, so far! Awesome!

6. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

You mean like Slowmile Swift ?

I think this guy is more intelligent than Swift.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Heck yes he is....he speaks 2 languages....English and British.

DD

8. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

He is a shot blocker, but i have not seen no real videos or stat lines besides his blocks in 1 paticular game for Barcelona where he rejected 3 or was that an average i need to go back check could be more like 3.3 a game or was it 1.8 not sure lolz.

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

There's a guy in the d-league that i've watched a few games of named Courtney Sims. He's 6'10 about 230lbs-240lbs and hes atheletic, good rebounder and shot blocker and scorer in the d-league. I wonder why he hasnt been put on someone roster, especially the rox since he's killing the d-league with 22pts 11 rebs and 2.7 blks. I know he cant do that here, but i would like to see him play the backup center spot more than landry or hayes. He looks like a natural shot blocker.

10. leebigez

Landry cant be traded for a yr without his approval. he cant be traded to the team that signed him to a offer sheet for a full year.

11. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

He's gotten a couple of tryouts but hasn't stuck. I think one was with the Pacers.

I don't remember much about him other than he played at Michigan.

12. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

You can't put this guy on the court at the same time with Yao and Tmac. Pops is an open court player. I think he can flourish with the 2nd unit: Brooks, Wafer, Landry etc.

13. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

From what i have seen on film is he can do everything Swift can so it's like signing Swift all over again except for no MLE lolz. I have not seen no jump shot or anything else besides dunking and a couple blocks.

He can run, jump that is all i seen.

I trust the staff enough though if they was on him there has got to be more to it.

14. leebigez

there are alot of guys that didnt stick early on. The guy has a skill that the rox can use and as we see, its all about the team and chance. Mikki moore was out the league, then NJ gave him a shot and he played well. I'm just saying that I've watched like 4 games this yr including last night and the guy can be a soild 15-18 min backup for yao. I thought Woods wouldve been a solid backup but he got better money overseas.

15. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

Landry used to be a no name too

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Does he have a mid range jump shot, cause I think thats what we get that is most important from Landry.

17. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

Athletic wise, he is better than what Landry used to be prior to the injury. He dunks everything close to the basket with authority.

His jumpshot ranges from inconsistent to nil. He will be a great addition if Landry can get us something better, plus he is bigger

18. Convictedstupid

Idk....This guy only has an inch and few pounds on landry. His D might be better than landry's but I dont think this guy has a sweet jump shot like landry has developed.

I hope we dont trade anyone if we aqcuire him. Well anyone at the PF position atleast. I guess I like the chuck wagon too much :\.

19. txtodd

txtodd Member

Yea, dude's name has 'Mensa' in it

20. inler

inler Contributing Member

i'm hoping the last open spot is for mike harris