1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tags:
  1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I was reading a post about the attendance, and i was just wondering, how many games do yall attend each year.

------------------
    "Kenny, The Basketball scientist, Whoo Hoo."
    Charley B, on TNT

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I only get to go to a couple of games a year.
    I would go to more if I wasn't just poor hippie trash! [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the CC.Net Thread-Killers.

3. CHARockets4ever

Dang. There I was to buy tickets (at the gate) for the Sonics game last week...and all the really cheap seats were sold out. DANG IT! Then we almost wheeled and dealed with some scalpers outside. What's up with that? Isn't that illegal? OR isn't it? So we asked the security guy directing traffic and he said he knew the familiar face we pointed out and it was safe. OOPS, hope I'm not getting anyone into trouble. (My real motive is revenge ~ JK) Actually, I was fine with it because it was a cold, cold nite and I got to come back home and listen to the wonderful commentary of Bill and Calvin. They ended up losing too. Anyways, to answer your question, I can't believe it. I haven't been to any games this season. But I went to one last season and also an open practice. (wow, impressive, huh?) Hmm...that open practice was free. Darn I can't wait to finish school. For the past two years I was supposed to have graduated~ I keep promising myself one of the first things I'll get is a season pass! Now that's INCENTIVE. Do they offer some kind of po' folks discount or something? Seems the cost is sometimes the reason for a lot of us not attending...

------------------
    Charles, seems you've got your work cut out for you. I'm BEHIND you 100%!!!

4. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

If you want the cheapest seats, buy them ahead of time. Go to Fiesta or whatever, or call or www them up and will-call them. Seems like the cheapest seats ($10-$13) always sell out right before game time. The lines for buying tickets are always lots longer than the will-call lines to boot.

Buy cheap seats ahead of time, or leave them at will-call. You can always buy tickets ahead of time in person at Ticketmasters in Fiesta/Sears/Foleys/Etc.

On game day, the cheapest seats always sell out first, and everyone moves down into better seats.

5. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Last time I went to a game was in San Antonio . . . the Spurs, Rocks preseason game.

Prior to that, I've only been once, in 96. I had the opportunity once in 98, but I couldn't 'cause I had to finish my term paper [​IMG]

------------------
    "Any answer that can't be questioned is no answer at all. It's gibberish. It's the jabbering of startled monkeys flinging dung at the moon" -- Scott Christensen -- www.ewav.com

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

ev...er...y....game!

yeah!!

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

and Rockets2K,,,you know that is not true...you could buy a $10 and sit with us every game....maybe if you change your name to Rockets2001 you might be more forward thinking trash. [​IMG]

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't attend any games nor do I plan too. I went once, in '95 I think, when we played Phoenix in the regular season. We won. It cost me a small fortune (I was a college student treating a half dozen people). Anyway, I didn't think it was any great shakes and I enjoy the games much better on the TV. I might go for the sake of going out. But for the game-watching itself, I prefer the TV.

------------------
    RealGM
    Rockets Draft Obligations Summary
    http://www.gaffordstudios.cjb.net/

9. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

the seats right next to our are usually full, but there are usually some empties around. Last time we had a tagalong we moved down a row and across the aisle.

We moved down into the 4th or 5th row last night. I love it.

10. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

I am at every game since I am a season ticket holder. I even attend Rockets games in nearby cities as Dallas and San Antonio.

HeyPartner,

Where are your seats?

------------------
    Rockets Season
    Ticket Holder

11. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I usually only get to go out to 1 or 2, 3 if I'm lucky games a season. Last year I went to a preseason game vs the Grizz, and a game vs Sacramento. This year I've only gone to one, a preseason vs Seattle(got free ticket).

I'd say the best game I've ever been to is one vs San Antonio a few years ago, 97-98 I think, and Mario Elie slammed in a missed shot to win the game.

I find it very interesting that the Rockets have only lost 1 game since I have gone...against Pheonix in '95.

------------------

12. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

I live in Austin, so I make it to S.A. for a couple of games a year at the Alamodome. Tickets are dirt cheap ($40 for 12 rows up), but the seats themselves are hard, plastic, and small. Im pretty vocal, so I get alot of flack from the Spur fans, but F#$K 'em.

------------------
    "Chucky who?" Charles Barkley

13. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

About 4 or 5 every year, but that's in Utah, not Houston.

After the two games against the Rocks, I usually just kind of fall ass-backwards into a game because I'm invited by friends, etc. who also hate the Jazz. I could probably go to every game in Salt Lake since my Dad gets pretty much any tickets he wants, but neither of us really care a whole hell of a lot.

------------------
    Jazzkiller

14. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I try and go to a few games a year and am SERIOUSLY thinking about getting season tickets for next season so I can be on the list for the new stadium. [​IMG]

The last game I went to was when we first played the Lakers this year. Great game!! A friend and I bought the $10 tickets and moved down to the 3rd row up from the floor. PERFECT view and we won.

HP, are the seats next to you usually open? I'm picking up the Hakeem jersey from jamcracker tomorrow and was thinking of tagging along with you guys.

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris Fan Club - est. 99-00