1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] who do you believe? Fairfax

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Feb 5, 2019.

?

Who do you believe?

1. Fairfax accuser

33.3%
  2. Lt. GOV Fairfax

16.7%
  3. Blasey-Ford

33.3%
  4. Kavanaugh

58.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Just to level-set what we're talking about, here is Ms. Tyson's statement: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/06/us/politics/vanessa-tyson-statement.html

Regarding their 'interaction' she says:

What began as consensual kissing quickly turned into a sexual assault. Mr. Fairfax put his hand behind my neck and forcefully pushed my head towards his crotch. Only then did I realize that he had unbuckled his belt, unzipped his pants, and taken out his penis. He then forced his penis into my mouth. Utterly shocked and terrified, I tried to move my head away, but could not because his hand was holding down my neck and he was much stronger than me. As I cried and gagged, Mr. Fairfax forced me to perform oral sex on him. I cannot believe, given my obvious distress, that Mr. Fairfax thought this forced sexual act was consensual.

That's not exactly grabbing someone by the arm.

2. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I haven't been following this Virginia thing in intense detail. I was speaking in general.

As to what's spoilered in your post -- that's her version. Women often reframe these things so as to avoid being thought of as "that type" of woman. When, in point of fact, she may be "that type" of woman. But she doesn't want that known in public, for obvious reasons.

But alas, I forgot that we are supposed to "just believe".....after Brian Banks, UVA, Duke Lacrosse, ad nauseum......

Pence is looking pretty smart these days ....

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Again, why does she say anything at all in the first place if she doesn't want people to think she's "that type" of woman. This could have been her little secret forever. You're ascribing motives to her that make no sense whatsoever. Sure, it's possible that Fairfax has a different understanding of that interaction. Maybe he couldn't hear any protestations while she had something in her mouth. But you are bending over backwards to rationalize not just Fairfax's innocence, but her guilt. You're saying that not only was it not a rape, but that she is lying. And for what reason, I still haven't heard a logical explanation.

4. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I'm not saying I know one way or another, in this case. (How could I?)

I'm saying that with all these cases coming out in the past few years -- and many of them being debunked or declined for lack of evidence -- and with the increasing lunacy of the leftists/feminists/me-too-ists -- any of these charges should be taken with a huge grain of salt.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't seen much lunacy if any from the leftists/feminists/me-too-ists. Very few of the charges are ever debunked.

6. mick fry

mick fry Member

Virginia Lieutenant Governor Fairfax submits to polygraph test

First of all why is he taking not 1 but 2 anonymous polygraph tests and then saying he passed both on the “1st try”? Looks like he was getting in a little practice.
    [​IMG]

7. mick fry

mick fry Member

Not surprising this isn’t getting any attention.