1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Do You Want to Play Chiefs or Baltimore?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by deb4rockets, Jan 14, 2024.

?

Who do you want to play?

Poll closed Jan 21, 2024.
  1. Baltimore

47 vote(s)
    57.3%
  2. Chiefs

35 vote(s)
    42.7%
  1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Wherever it’s not snowing. Doesn’t look to be unbearable cold in either place.

macho GRANDE and a time to chill like this.
  2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Chiefs.

3. a time to chill

I think we'd have a better chance against the Ravens due to the weather conditions. Kansas City will be 16° F while Baltimore will be 30° F. It's going to be cold either way but Baltimore will have slightly better weather. Hopefully, we don't have to play under windy or snowy conditions where we will have to run the ball more.

vince likes this.
  4. vince

vince Member

My sentiments exactly. Much like the Jets game where the weather threw the team out of sync.

At this point I’d rather they play in the better weather conditions, and let them earn their win that way.

Rocket River and a time to chill like this.
  5. vince

vince Member

In a bit miffed at the poll.

who’d I want the Texans to play?

Where is the option for both!!!! because after we beat whoever the opponent is next week, we likely play either Kansas City or Baltimore the following week.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  6. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Except Peyton Manning. He used to beat the Texans twice every year.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  7. conquistador#11

. I fear Met-death field more than any of the teams left. I'm not saying they can win easily. All I'm saying is they can give either team a good game. Stroud gives you more than a puncher's chance.

TexasRedd likes this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I was thinking the same thing
    I don't want any snow

Rocket River

9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

10. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Both are extremely tough opponents and on the road to boot. KC looked more vulnerable than Baltimore during the reg. Baltimore with some impressive wins down the stretch, but definitely a history of playoff underachieving during the Lamar years. Playoff Mahomes should always be feared and Arrowhead is quite the home field advantage, but I’m still going to have to say Houston’s chances are better against Kansas City given the fleas that have been on display all season for The Chiefs.

11. PatBev

PatBev Member

My heart tells me we blow out Baltimore and become America’s team

Tfor3, ROCKSS, percicles and 2 others like this.
  12. OremLK

OremLK Member

I was going to say Baltimore looked more favorable for a pass-heavy game in terms of the weather, but then I saw they're forecasting clouds and high winds there on Saturday. So now I don't know. KC is going to be cold AF, but weather looks clear and sunny. Might actually be easier on the quarterback overall.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

14. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

KC payback for canceling our playoff runs. I want to see Mahomes cry some more. Ravens are tough, L Jack always has a mind of an underdog. Beating Super Bowl champ is going to make Texans greatest of all Texans teams.

15. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I don’t even need to finish watching this Bills/Steelers game. We going to Crackmore.

also John Harbaugh taking a shot at Div rival Pitt by saying ‘We’re dialed into Houston” LMFAO!!!

Tfor3 and conquistador#11 like this.
  16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

We're playing the Ravens. This was decided after watching the first 5 mins of Steelers vs Bills. Steelers have nothing.

ROCKSS and TexasRedd like this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Pitts was never going to beat Buff. Playing Baltimore was never in doubt. Just make it a game rather than getting blown out in embarrassing fashion like the cowgirls or Miami

#37 YOLO, Jan 15, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2024
  18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Who would you rather beat?

Texans have history against both teams.. history of losing. Chiefs are 2-0 vs Texans in the playoffs, both historically embarrassing losses, and Baltimore beat the Texans' best team in 2011. We win there with Schaub healthy and advance to the Conference round. Schaub. lol. 2011 was very good outside of QB.

Is anyone uncomfortable about Baltimore taking our old players then winning a championship? Jacoby had legit Superbowl MVP argument. Ravens had a bunch of Texans. We get a washed Reed in return.

Who would you rather beat?

Good choice either way. I'm leaning KC due to a better recent history.

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Someone might as well start the Texans vs ravens thread

percicles likes this.
  20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

My problem with Jacoby Jones was how he muffed a punt in the playoffs and gifted the Ravens a difference-making TD. It was a really doofy play. I'm sure very few people here remember how good the Texans were that year.

Then he signs with the Ravens and blew up in the playoffs the following year helping the Ravens with the Super Bowl.