1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Police Officer Misbehaving

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by edwardc, Jul 28, 2015.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Watch the video.

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Florida Cops pull over State Attorney lulz.

'What agency are you with?'

'I'm the State Attorney.'

OOPS!

amaru likes this.
  3. edwardc

edwardc Member

Busted pulled her over bad state tag really then the windows come on man.

el gnomo likes this.
  4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

https://scholar.harvard.edu/fryer/p...-analysis-racial-differences-police-use-force

This paper explores racial differences in police use of force. On non-lethal uses of force, blacks and Hispanics are more than fifty percent more likely to experience some form of force in interactions with police. Adding controls that account for important context and civilian behavior reduces, but cannot fully explain, these disparities. On the most extreme use of force – officer-involved shootings – we find no racial differences in either the raw data or when contextual factors are taken into account. We argue that the patterns in the data are consistent with a model in which police officers are utility maximizers, a fraction of which have a preference for discrimination, who incur relatively high expected costs of officer-involved shootings.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Probably best to wait till at least some information as to how this happened comes out, it wouldn't be the first time a story like this happens and it ends up being completely justified.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Somali-American cop? He is TOAST. Cop of color killing a white woman.........he might as well report to prison now. Only Cops killing people of color get off (well...99% of the time).

Rocket River and edwardc like this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah....so we can be sure that it won't really make news one way or the other and there certainly won't be riots if his actions are deemed justifiable.

10. Newlin

Newlin Member

Too bad the officers had their body cams turned off. Even the Mayor found that odd and unfortunate.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ouch, that really could hurt their case. Have they said yet why they opened fire? I saw another story like this where the cops were called by someone and they ended up shot and it was due to that person pulling a knife on the cops. I wonder what their story will be.

12. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

This Somali cop that shot the Aussie woman in cold blood had a prior complaint for assault and false imprisonment. I can't wait for the police's explanations of what happened. This case is way too bizarre . You have an unarmed Aussie woman who just moved to the states to marry her fiancé. She is a beloved yoga teacher, anti gun and anti violence. She called 911 about some disturbance around her house, cops showed up and she was talking to the cops from the driver's side and was shot multiple times by this Somali cop from the passenger's side. What the hell is going on? If this fukker shot her from where he was at, he could have easily hit his partner too. It does not look good for this POS cop, I know it's early but my hunch is it's a cold blooded murder. If that is the case I hope this fukker will burn in hell. Since she is an Australian citizen, this will be a major international incident. Police department all around the country will take notes who they will let in their department the next time.

13. Newlin

Newlin Member

No info yet on why the officer open fire. I need more details. The woman was in her pajamas and approached the police car to talk to the police. I don't know if she was actually talking to the police yet or not.(I just saw a news report where the Mayor seemed confused why the women was killed).

The officer that fired Will probably say he viewed her as a threat and maybe it was dark or something. It will be interesting to hear what they say. Maybe they don't turn their body cams on until they leave the car or something. But this is exactly when the body cams could be useful.

Edit: she was talking to the officer on the drivers side when the officer in the passenger seat shot through the door and struck the woman. The body cams are on a continuous loop that can capture the previous 30 seconds when the officer turns on the camera. But, I guess neither officer turned on the camera even after 30 seconds of the shooting.

#73 Newlin, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You are always defending police officers don't you? This is completely unacceptable and like every other cop that does crap like this he should be jailed. I just find it funny that a lot of the pro-police guys are only up in arms when a black man does something. What you seemed to get out of this is hypocritical and disgusting.

Oh wait that's right, you're the dude referring to black's as "Obama's children."

#74 LosPollosHermanos, Jul 17, 2017
    Rocket River and el gnomo like this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Mohammed the black muslim cop shoots pretty white Australian girl asking for help...

[RECORD SCRATCH]

16. edwardc

edwardc Member

It will be that he thought her cell phone was a gun.

#76 edwardc, Jul 17, 2017
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Really? That's what he's going with? I'm not sure that'll cut it, but I guess we'll see.

18. edwardc

edwardc Member

That what i'm thinking he's going to say that's not a fact just my thought.

19. generalthade_03

Yeah that's right...one of Obama's children shot a pretty white girl and now he must burn in hell. Happy now! Go back to your safe place and try again you race baiting
    punk.

20. generalthade_03

I'm still waiting for you and your BLM comrades to rally against this Somali pig that shot the pretty Aussie woman. White Lives Matter.