1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pointless [Rant] Eastern time zone sucks for sports

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ramu3, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

I used to live in central time zone and took it for granted when it came to sports , football night on sunday and monday started around 7:30 ish , but since living on eastern time zone the time has moved to 8:30 ish and ending at midnight.

Any other fellow Eastern time zoners feel that the time schedule kinda sucks for people in the east ?

I really envy pacific time zone people who get their football at 10:00 am on sundays !:cool:

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Yes, it sucks.

Of course weekdays could suck for pacific time-zoners, when east coast games start around 5/5:30. That's a little too early.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'd rather watch late than early. To be honest.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

That's because you want to make that the last thing you do during the day. If you had to watch something at about 5 or 6 (like when Rockets play the Celtics), you'd have to shuffle your evening chores or errands. :eek: I feel your pain, yo.

5. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Screw that. I live on the West Coast, and the early games on Saturday morning start at 9AM. That means waking up way too early with a hangover like I did this past Sat for A&M-Arkansas.

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Mountain time zone has it made. Not too early, not too late.

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I used to live in PT, I found Rockets games usually fell in at dinner time which was nice because i like to watch TV when I eat. But I found weekend games way too early sometimes especially Raptors games on CBC which can start as early as 10 am pacific.

Now I'm in ET, I found Rockets games usually comes after dinner, which cuts into my homework time which was annoying. Sometimes I have to stay up late to finish my work after NBA games.

As far as other sports go, I loved UFC start times in PT, It's right at dinner time and when the PPV finishes, you can still go out because it's not too late. Now that I'm in Toronto, I can't do anything after a UFC PPV because it usually ends at around midnight, I had to reshuffle my saturday nights because of how late UFC events are.

8. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

The main thing is i have to get up at 6:30 to go to work , so i need my 7-8hrs of "quality " sleep time.

9. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pacific Time is brutal. The two baseball playoff games were almost halfway over yesterday when I got out of work. And it's nearly impossible to watch soccer, which is second only to basketball with me, when the games come on at 4/5 a.m. out here on the weekend.

10. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

nope. Living in Pacific Time sucks. I mean, games from the NBA Finals would start at 5pm.:eek:

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

With 2 young kids, so do I. If I want to watch something live and uninterrupted, it's going to have to be after 9 pm.

12. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Eastern Time Zones suck but Eastern Promises was awesome.

[​IMG]

:confused::p