1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PlayStation 4 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Jun 15, 2013.

1. CXbby

CXbby Member

Word of mouth is spreading for Doom. IGN video review gave it a 7.1, the video is getting 7k dislikes.

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

This is the one unknown at the moment. Willing to bet it won't but hoping to be wrong.

3. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Any brehs that were fans of Chrono Trigger, Phantasy Star, or Lunar growing up this game will scratch that nostalgia itch for you

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/juKE8FvMky0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Only $14.99 seems like a steal for this one. Its got me pretty hype. I'm gonna guess they release it during Sony's press conference at E3. Has cross/buy with Vita, and also coming to steam for you PC bros

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Like 2 days after I traded in NBA 2K16, it's available for free on PlayStation Plus.

I win at life.

5. cdain3

cdain3 Member

6. Poloshirtbandit

So how long does NBA 2k take to install? It's only letting me play quick games and says it's copying files. It's been doing this for 4 hours.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't even like RPG's but Chrono Trigger went hard.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah the actual copy process took almost a day on my system.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah mine was copying at 20% for a long ass time. I eventually turned off the PS4. I'll let it run as long as it needs tonight though.

10. marky :)

marky :) Member

If I go home tonight and get PS+ will it let me download 2k16 for free or did i have PS+ previously?

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think anyone with a PS+ account can download it for free this month. I don't think it matters when yours was started or active... but it wouldn't hurt if someone else chimed in who knew for sure.

12. marky :)

Will probably try it tonight. If i remember correctly there was also different ranges for how long you had ps+. Does that matter which I get? I'm assuming as long as i have ps+ i can DL it.

13. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

You can download it at any time this month as long as you are a plus member. If you join on June 30th you can still get it.

You actually don't have to download the free games each month either. You can go online to the PS store and just purchase them (for $0) and add them to your library. You can download later.

I go in at the beginning of each month and get the all the free games including the PS3 and Vita games. As long as they are tagged as purchased to your account you can download them later when you want to play them. I have a huge library of games that I have gotten for free but I just don't download them to my system until I am ready to play them. If you don't at least go through the purchasing process in the month that a game is free you can't get it for free later. Also if you let your Plus membership drop you can no longer play the games you got for free.

1 person likes this.
  14. marky :)

Gotcha. Good piece of info to know

15. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Ha. Awesome.

Thanks for the tip. I will have to grab it when I get home just to give it a try.

I keep wanting to give NBA 2K more chances, because I was addicted to it every year from 2000-2009. I feel the gameplay has declined very sharply since then though.

This way I can try the full experience without wasting any money...

16. val_modus

val_modus Member

I miss first person shooter campaigns. Too much money to be made in online play, so they've neglected a lot of the campaign elements (see Battlefront). What's the best, deepest fps that I can get? I don't care if it's an older game as I just finished the Last of Us, and absolutely LOVED it.

17. marky :)

Fallout 4

18. val_modus

val_modus Member

I guess fallout 4 is technically a fps. I already beat it though :(

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Does anybody have a ps plus trial code I can use?

20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I think you can usually get one from the PlayStation store for a 14 day trial.