1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PlayStation 4 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Is the free version worth playing or do I need to buy the whole thing to stand a chance?

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

What’s the latest PlayStation/playstation bundle out?

Counting down the days for red dead.

3. Poloshirtbandit

Red Dead 2 was delayed again... :-(

4. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

There is only a free version, but you can buy in-game money to purchase loot.

I finally tried it(Fortnite) for the first time recently and yeah it was pretty fun. I sucked but it is still entertaining.

Blatz likes this.
  5. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Has anyone else had issues logging on to PSN?

The Show hype thread worked, and I couldn't pass up the game after I saw the intro video highlighting the Astros World Series run (I know, silly reason to buy a game, but was the sole reason why my brother and I got NBA Live 95 (I think it had a pic of Robert Horry gliding to the rim against the Knickes, but that's neither here nor there).

I had not booted up my PS4 in ages, so I installed the latest update. Trying to find the solution online, this might be the culprit. To provide more context, I also wanted the free PS Plus games for March before they expired (Bloodborne and R&C), so because I couldn't get online on my PS4, I redeemed a 12 month prepaid card from the website on my phone, and "purchased" the free games on my phone. I only mention that because I am thinking maybe redeeming the prepaid PS Plus card online, or even logging in online might be causing the issue?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Playing a lot of Everybody's Golf lately.

Really glad to see they finally brought the Hot Shots Golf Franchise to PS4. It's been a favorite of mine for years.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

this game got me feeling like a teenager again.

8. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

so i ripped my movie collection to an external hard drive recently....is there anyway i can view those on the PS4? when i plugged my external into the PS4 it asked to format it...so i quit out figuring that would probably get rid of everything on the drive. am i screwed or no?

9. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

I think you can use a flash drive to transfer them to the PS4 harddrive and watch them there. I haven't done it, but I'm pretty sure you can.

10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I know on Xbox if you plug in a ex-hd it has to reformat the whole thing. I was so pissed. I wanted to partition 2 gigs to everyday use and 2gb for the console, but no....... I now have 4 whole gb dedicated to just the xbox.

11. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

So the way to make this work may or may not work for you. The PS4 will not recognize your drive unless you go thru the formatting process. The formatting process will wipe your disk and you will lose your movies. However, if you have a way to copy the files to another disk first, run the format process then move the files back to the disk and you will be good to go. You can run the Media player on PS4 and it will recognize your HDD and play your movies.

12. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Just leave the drive plugged into a PC and set up a media server like Plex or Universal Media Server.

13. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

anyone got recommendations for games like watch dogs 2 or yakuza 6?

14. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

perfect. used UMS and found a tutorial online. simple enough

#2094 FlyerFanatic, Jul 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  15. youknowme

youknowme Member

I think Sleeping Dogs is an underrated game

LFE171 likes this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How are you guys enjoying Fortnite? I try and I try to like this game, but I just can't get into it at all.

What's the big deal???

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hot Shots Golf series was the ****. Played that and never touched Tiger Woods again.

moestavern19 likes this.
  18. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Yeah, so I believe you got a couple options with UMS. You can set it up to run as a background service, or you can have the program auto-start (but minimized). I used the background service for awhile, but on occasion if it decides to act up, it's way easier to reset the server if you just start minimized, so I'd recommend that.

One other thing to keep in mind: I was more than happy with UMS for a long time (many years), before I got dedicated streaming devices and was just using my game consoles and old smart TV... but once I got an Apple TV 4K and a Roku Streamstick+, I noticed those two newer renderers didn't play as well with UMS as one would hope (I got spotty results with VLC Player and OPlayer with UMS on the AppleTV for example, even though OPlayer worked perfectly on my iPad... things were worse on Roku). Plex works utterly without hitches on both devices. So if you start discovering that you're getting lots of crashes or unsupported files when rendering from UMS, you can try switching to Plex.

Happy streaming. :)

19. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

Anyone a fan of the Uncharted Series? They made a short live action film starring Nathan Fillion.

20. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

was looking at plex initially but read the PS4 was having problems with plex and numerous postings on the forums about how PS4 plex isnt even getting support anymore.

thought it was best to go with UMS