1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoff rotation whos in whos out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoyalGuard, Apr 5, 2019.

1. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I know Shumpert hasn't been Michael Jordan but people severely overlook his defense and postseason experience. You absolutely have to play him in certain match ups, especially if we're getting torched on the wings or guard play.

sirbaihu and mike2k132 like this.
  2. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

this is absolutely spot on. IF gerald green is on, he still gives up everything he scores, getting torched on defense, by a team like the thunder. Shumpert is a much better option against them. Against the warriors too. He at least can guard ppl on the perimeter and help down low if they go to Cousins.

I am willing to bet that Shump gets more minutes than green against these two teams.

joshuaao and htownrox1 like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

unfortunately, he's just held to a different standard and there's already a set narrative about him for the average watcher. it doesn't really matter what he does, he's going to get nitpicked and more often times than not it'll be for worse. And that's even when he's contributing, which he has for the past month. as of now, he's in the rotation and that's killing some of these so called rockets fans. which is pretty sad actually

#63 YOLO, Apr 9, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    sirbaihu, htownrox1 and xaos like this.
  4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Its surprising how lil people dont know they game.....trust me shump will be in the rotation lol. He has ring

5. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Just a thought. I feel it's him or green but with those two it may be a situational deal

6. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

I would play Shump over House. As the moment gets bigger he tends to fade away. Shump has experience and is solid defensively. The spot mins should be between Green and House.

7. Denovo

Denovo Member

Hell no

8. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

24 mins 0 points in playoff atmosphere i swear y'all think this guy House is the next Kobe or something dude has 0 playoff experience

9. Denovo

Denovo Member

He only had 4 shots don’t cherry pick numbers. Is Shumpert the next Kobe? Hell no. Shumpert isn’t better than House and I don’t know what you expect for him to bring to the table but points aren’t it.

10. JW86

JW86 Member

So for those who think Shumpert is in and Green is out, why did Bzdelik just play him in a very important game? You don't fool me into thinking this was just another game, although most guys outside of Green and Tucker played like it was no biggie. Green was allowed to show what he can do, give him the confidence that a guy like him needs to thrive and he produced. Green has earned his stripes with this team, Shumpert hasn't. I'd say if Rivers stinks it up like he did tonight, then you play Shumpert over him.

11. basketballholic

I think Bruno should be in the rotation....

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

id say it mainly has to do with green barely playing as of late. ideally you want him to get some minutes before the playoffs just so he isn't so completely out of it once he gets in a game. I liked that move so it still gives him some confidence going into the weekend. on the other hand shumpert has played more then enough for the last month, given the limited minutes hes likely to get in the postseason. faried and shump will both be playing come this weekend