1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoff Game (Yet to be Determined) - Early Discussion Game Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Marshall Bryant, Jan 7, 2024.

1. Buck Turgidson

iirc...only team with a winning record they beat was Dallas

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Weather wasn’t the reason they lost

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Absolutely was. Tua couldn’t throw it in that weather like he could in Miami.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nope. So weather is the reason they cant beat good teams with winning records. Oh wait

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

I think it will be the Ravens and I guarantee Harbaugh is not telling them "we got this." If the Texans perform as a "team" like they did yesterday, they can beat anybody.

ROCKSS, MadMax, Plowman and 1 other person like this.
  6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. But, how often do you see teams kickass in the Wildcard only to be ripped a new one by a waiting beast? While somewhat bias, I.honestly, think we're one of the exceptions to that norm. Once again, CJ is a bigger, stronger Joe Montana..It seems we're witnessing a top 10 all time QB in the infancy of his career. Anderson, Greenard, and Tunsil are healthy. (Tunsil had me holding my breath)...Derek Stingley is simply the best corner in the NFL. The line is healthy enough. Anything seems possible RIGHT NOW, never mind over the next 10 -12 years.

#246 Plowman, Jan 14, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2024
    solid and crose like this.
  7. Qan

Qan Member

Miami was ass against winning teams the whole season...no, it wasn't the weather.

8. steveng125

steveng125 Member

KC won’t get past the bills

solid likes this.
  9. mightybosstone

Is it crazy that I'd rather face Baltimore than KC next week? In the end, it doesn't matter, because they're going to have to probably beat two of KC, Baltimore and Buffalo regardless. But despite the regular season results, playoff Reid and Mahomes scare me a lot more than Jackson and Harbaugh, and that KC defense is every bit as dominant as the Ravens.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  10. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

GOAT-Rookie Year

Plowman likes this.
  11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's put it this way. He's not just a franchise QB. CJ's something...more.

Marshall Bryant likes this.
  12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

But they beat the Cowboys...in the Pretender Bowl.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

Cowboys need an overhaul. Dak is not the answer, never was the answer and Jerry wants a coach he can control which is consistently not in the best interest of the team.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Dak has flaws but if they trade him, his replacement will be worse.

That team needs a total culture change where the head coach is totally in charge and Jerry takes a step back. Would not surprise me at all if they finally win another SB shortly after he's gone.

solid likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Getting a different head coach doesn’t fix the cowgirls. It’s Dak and the actual team that’s the problem. Always has been. Pretenders all day long with that roster

solid likes this.
  17. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

They NEED to stop pretending that "the star" means anything anymore. They're just an over-rated, irrelevant hype machine that gets talked about because of stuff that happened a generation ago. They need to admit that there is NOTHING special about them. They lack character, heart and integrity. They no longer have a legacy. The argument can be made that they're actually a laughingstock. If they'd get over themselves and admit that they have no cachet or relevance right now, they might be able to turn it around. But, they won't...they'll keep acting like just being "The Cowboys" counts for something. It doesn't.

The "star" DOESN'T. MEAN. ****.

cmoak1982 and cmlmel77 like this.